Author Topic: Worst Offensive Performance - 2018 Edition  (Read 7281 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Not just lack of offensive performance in that game but lack of offensive performance against the worst team in baseball after being swept by the 4th place Blue Jays who at the same time last night were being hammered by the Braves....but yeah so funny I missed a heroic grind it out comeback against the worst team in the league and Royce's double off a AA pitcher. Darn!

BTW are you always the smartest guy in the room????????

Only if I'm ever lucky enough to be in a room with you...

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline dcpatti

Boom.

Offline LoveAngelos

Only if I'm ever lucky enough to be in a room with you...

Your being uncharacteristically modest......and I promise if I ever find myself in a room with you and your minions, I will know I have been condemned to Hades

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

Minions? Have you been on this board? No one listens to what I say... :hysterical:

Offline spidernat

Did bluestreak get banned or go on a voluntary sabbatical? I haven't seen a post from him in a while.  :shrug:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
 :shrug:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Did bluestreak get banned or go on a voluntary sabbatical? I haven't seen a post from him in a while.  :shrug:

Who?

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Who?

haven't seen him post since Villanova beat Michigan.

Offline LoveAngelos

Who is on first.

Which is why the offense sux

Offline rileyn

Since Murphy's return, we have been shut out 4 times and he and Bryce are a combined .083.  Bryce 2-32, and Murphy 3-28. 

Offline LoveAngelos

Does being shutout by the worst team in baseball quality as the worst offensive performance

Offline Ray D

Since Murphy's return, we have been shut out 4 times and he and Bryce are a combined .083.  Bryce 2-32, and Murphy 3-28. 
I give Murphy a pass. Give him a chance to get going.  Harper, no excuse.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
It's a tough thing to do, but they probably need to break them up in the order.  I might try something like Eaton / Turner / Harper / Rendon / Soto / Murphy / Reynolds or Difo / Pitcher / Severino for a bit. 

Offline Irrefutable

I doubt any MLB team has a #4 batter hitting .209 and #5 hitting .107 . A sure fire strategy to be shutout.

Offline spidernat

What made last night the worst is that it came against the freaking birds.

Online imref

What made last night the worst is that it came against the freaking birds.

Two games against them: one shutout and one that required a big comeback. Not good

Offline Ray D

Two games against them: one shutout and one that required a big comeback. Not good
I liked the comeback.  Thoroughly enjoyed that game.  Didn't much like last night.

Offline LoveAngelos

This offense is being carried by a 19 year old.......

Offline Homey da Nat

...sooo..how 'bout dem CAPS?

Offline NatsAllThe Way

How come no one except Nats players have to wait 100 ABs before they start producing.  And how come Nats players his at or near .000 during those 100 ABs? 

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Give or take (give) six or seven years.

Plus MAT and Trea.

This offense is being carried by a 19 year old.......

Offline Homey da Nat

I'd like to hold a poll at the break.  I don't think we win the division this year.  I'm not saying we can't, I'm saying it looks like this slump is going to do us in for the season.  We can't beat the Phillies or the Braves.

Online imref

the offense is part of it,  but the division is pretty good this year.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Hi!