Author Topic: How FP changed the history of the NFL  (Read 152 times)

Offline trangert418

• Quit Clowning Around
How FP changed the history of the NFL
« Topic Start: May 06, 2018, 06:22:04 PM »
I haven't watched every MASN broadcast since FP showed up but I'm surprised I've never heard this story out of his mouth:

Brady was such a standout star on his high school baseball team, he could have had a legitimate future in the sport. Brady is known as a cerebral quarterback (relying on his mind over physical attributes), a characteristic which transferred to his ability as a catcher. Couple that with the fact that Brady was a lefty batter, and baseball scouts saw a star in the making.

Seriously, scouts were so impressed that the now-defunct Montreal Expos selected Brady in the 1995 MLB draft. They even offered to pay Brady second to third-round value, despite taking him in the 18th round. If not for Expos outfielder Frank-Paul Santangelo, Tom Brady’s future could have been quite different.

During Brady’s visit with the team, Santangelo was confident in what the young athlete should do. “Go play football at Michigan,” Santangelo told Brady. When Pats Nation thanks the football gods for gifting Tom Brady to New England, they should also remember to thank Santangelo for his advice to the very special California kid.