Author Topic: Best / Worst ballparks (breakout of Orioles Attendance)  (Read 3285 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
So many Waffle Houses.

(Kidding. I don't know anything about the place.)

While it's hard for me to admit liking anything about the Braves, SunTrust is a really well thought out venue to watch a game at and the surrounding area is full of cool stuff to do.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Oakland is a dump, but it has the rowdiest fans who somehow manage to be crazy and rowdy without being belligerent. The team seems to acknowledge that they are playing in a dump, though, and have done a really good job with the beer selection and pricing, as well as the food truck "plaza" (basically a gated-off parking lot where a small army of food trucks park for each game, so fans can walk out to the parking lot and get a burrito or whatever, then walk right back to the concourse), so at least if you're going to a crappy stadium, you'll get some really good beer and food for fairly reasonable prices.

I'm curious - do you have a ballpark that you'd rate worse?  The one other venue (aside from OCo) I've seen get absolutely trashed is Tropicana.

Offline dcpatti

I'm curious - do you have a ballpark that you'd rate worse?  The one other venue (aside from OCo) I've seen get absolutely trashed is Tropicana.

From purely a facilities standpoint, Oakland is the worst, although I've not been to the Trop yet (heading there in June though).  But it's weirdly super fun to be there, even if it's a dump, so the experience of going to a game there is not bad at all.

From an overall gameday experience, I'd put Guaranteed Rate Field formerly known as US Cellular as the worst. The facilities are meh, very generic apart from the little pinwheels on the scoreboard, architecturally boring, and the fan base is dull. The best part of being there was the free booze we got because we sat in the "Scout Seats," their version of the Delta Club. The club itself was underwhelming in terms of food and atmosphere, but free booze helps cover up a lot of mistakes.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
While it's hard for me to admit liking anything about the Braves, SunTrust is a really well thought out venue to watch a game at and the surrounding area is full of cool stuff to do.

But isn’t being way out in Cobb County a real drawback?

Offline Copecwby20

But isn’t being way out in Cobb County a real drawback?

My parents live 10 min. away. My ex (who I usually shack up with when I’m in town) lives even closer and is the on premise sales rep for United Distributing for that account and the surrounding bars. I like it better than driving to the hood and walking through the slums to get to a game.

Offline Copecwby20

So many Waffle Houses.

(Kidding. I don't know anything about the place.)

Don’t think I’ve seen a Waffle House in the new Park. There is a Terrapin Taproom connected to the park. Insider tip, beers in there are cheaper than the rest of the park AND you can enter the ball park through the restaurant while 500 dumb ATLiens are lined up to get through the gates right next to it.  :hysterical:

I walk in, buy a beer and head into the park with no line.