Author Topic: Dogfighting  (Read 11113 times)

Offline bob2274

Dogfighting
« Topic Start: May 22, 2007, 10:31:21 PM »
I would guess there are a lot of Redskins fans here, so I just wanted to post what your "heroes" Clinton Portis and Chris Samuels had to say about Michael Vick allegedly fighting dogs at his home down my way in Virginia.
Portis- "I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property; it's his dogs. If that's what he wants to do, do it. I know a lot of back roads that got a dog fight if you want to go see it. But they are not bothering those people because those people are not big names. I'm sure there's some police got some dogs that are fighting them, some judges got dogs and everything else."
"Politicians", added Samuels, who found it hard to keep from giggling while Portis was talking.

Yeah, real funny, guys. I am a cop who knows a lot of other cops. None of us are savage enough to fight animals for entertainment, nor is anyone else I know.

nospinzone1

Re: Dogfighting
« Reply #1: May 22, 2007, 10:55:32 PM »
I would guess there are a lot of Redskins fans here, so I just wanted to post what your "heroes" Clinton Portis and Chris Samuels had to say about Michael Vick allegedly fighting dogs at his home down my way in Virginia.
Portis- "I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property; it's his dogs. If that's what he wants to do, do it. I know a lot of back roads that got a dog fight if you want to go see it. But they are not bothering those people because those people are not big names. I'm sure there's some police got some dogs that are fighting them, some judges got dogs and everything else."
"Politicians", added Samuels, who found it hard to keep from giggling while Portis was talking.

Yeah, real funny, guys. I am a cop who knows a lot of other cops. None of us are savage enough to fight animals for entertainment, nor is anyone else I know.

I HATE THESE FOUR KINDS OF FIGHTING: BOXING, COCKFIGHTING, DOG FIGHTING AND BULL FIGHTING.

BOB, HATE TO TELL YOU BUT THERE ARE BAD COPS. WITNESS THE MONTGOMERY COUNTY COP THAT BEAT UP ON A HUSBAND WHO OBJECTED WHEN HE , DRUNK, AND HIS VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTERS FRIENDS , WERE TOUCHING INAPPROPRIATELY THE GUYS WIFE. THEN THERE ALSO THE COPS THAT INVADE DC EVERY YEAR FOR THE POLIMEN MEMORIAL DAY AND WRECK THE TOWN DRINKING AND FIGHTING. ARENT COPS SUPPOSED TO OBEY THE LAW ALSO. I RESPECT THE LAW SO MUCH THAT BEING AN IMMIGRANT I OPPOSE THE ILEGALS IN THE COUNTRY.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #2: May 22, 2007, 10:59:19 PM »
My god.  I just don't know what to say about Michael Vick anymore.  As for Portis' comments, who cares, honestly?  His opinion doesn't matter, and I'm sick of little sentences that players say being blown up into huge news stories.  Players should be focused on playing, and not talking to the media about everything just for the hell of it.

Offline bob2274

« Reply #3: May 22, 2007, 11:10:35 PM »
Yes, we are supposed to obey the law. There are actions of other police that I object to and will never condone. As for the actions you have described of the individual, he should have been fired.

nospinzone1

« Reply #4: May 22, 2007, 11:21:01 PM »
Yes, we are supposed to obey the law. There are actions of other police that I object to and will never condone. As for the actions you have described of the individual, he should have been fired.

I DID NOT WANT TO IMPLY THAT ALL COPS ARE BAD JUST THAT JUST AS IN OTHER SEGMENT OF A POPULATION THERE ARE GOOD AND BAD PEOPLE. MY SPANISH FRIENDS DO NOT LIKE MY POSITION AGAINST ILEGALS. I JUST ASK THEM WHAT PART OF BREAKING THE LAW THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

Offline bob2274

« Reply #5: May 22, 2007, 11:30:40 PM »
Well said.

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #6: May 22, 2007, 11:46:37 PM »
I DID NOT WANT TO IMPLY THAT ALL COPS ARE BAD JUST THAT JUST AS IN OTHER SEGMENT OF A POPULATION THERE ARE GOOD AND BAD PEOPLE. MY SPANISH FRIENDS DO NOT LIKE MY POSITION AGAINST ILEGALS. I JUST ASK THEM WHAT PART OF BREAKING THE LAW THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

amen to that! i dont care if imagrants come to the us. but do it the legal way and pay TAXES!!

im just tired of all the hippies and crack mamas wanting its all for free. doing nothing to get it for  free..

it just burns me up to no end!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #7: May 23, 2007, 12:55:03 AM »
Dogfighting shouldn't be condoned by anybody who loves animals.  I'm not a PETA person by any means, but what they do to those poor dogs is disgusting.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #8: May 23, 2007, 08:20:02 PM »
if you read portis' comments, he actually could be thinking that vick is fighting a dog.  "if he was fighting dogs...".  portis might just be dumb enough to think that

nospinzone1

« Reply #9: May 23, 2007, 09:33:08 PM »
if you read portis' comments, he actually could be thinking that vick is fighting a dog.  "if he was fighting dogs...".  portis might just be dumb enough to think that

Bob, as the grammatician of the site, jajaja, I think it was grammatically correct.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #10: May 24, 2007, 05:35:02 PM »
Bob, as the grammatician of the site, jajaja, I think it was grammatically correct.

it is grammatically correct, but it has two meanings.

it can mean staging dog fights or actually fighting a dog. 

what portis meant can't be inferred,\. i want to believe he is an idiot and thinks vick was in the rign fighting a dog

nospinzone1

« Reply #11: May 24, 2007, 05:58:30 PM »
you are right. he thought he was kidding and funny but he found out different. Back home in Cuba a lot of people liked cock fights and when I was a kid my father was in a neighborhood where they had cock fights and he let a friend take me in for a few minutes to seek what it was like. I hated it automatically. I even think that boxing is inhumane.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #12: May 29, 2007, 05:19:37 PM »
Now I hear that someone (?) has stated that Portis knew about the dogfighting, the dogs are his, and he bets on them! Damn, aren't steroids, carrying guns, drunken driving fatalities, etc. enough for our sports "professionals"?

Edit- Of course, I made an error and should have said "Vick" instead of "Portis". My bad.

nospinzone1

« Reply #13: May 29, 2007, 05:52:03 PM »
Now I hear that someone (?) has stated that Portis knew about the dogfighting, the dogs are his, and he bets on them! Damn, aren't steroids, carrying guns, drunken driving fatalities, etc. enough for our sports "professionals"?

TOO MUCH MONEY....THEY DOL NOT KNOW HOW TO HANDLE IT....

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #14: July 17, 2007, 11:54:34 PM »
Just an update on Vick. He's officially been indicted:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10259619/2

Just an overall BAD situation

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #15: July 18, 2007, 12:10:23 AM »
I hope he gets hard time.   

Just an update on Vick. He's officially been indicted:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10259619/2

Just an overall BAD situation

nospinzone1

« Reply #16: July 18, 2007, 12:13:20 AM »
I hope he gets hard time.  

SO DO I
I HOPE WHEN THE nag IS IN JAIL THAT THE "ELDERS" PUT SOMEBODY TO FIGHT HIM.

Offline LeonidasNats311

« Reply #17: August 08, 2007, 03:01:03 PM »
But Chris Samuels also said "Man, We are going to get in alot of trouble for that." So yes they are both idiots for saying it but Samuels at least realized what he did and admitted it was wrong of them.

nospinzone1

« Reply #18: August 08, 2007, 04:13:24 PM »

OLD NEWS....THEY BACKTRACKED, ALTHOUGH IT WAS LAME OF THEM TO TALK THAT SHEIS BEFORE THEY DID THE CRAB DANCE.

« Reply #19: August 09, 2007, 08:37:55 AM »
I read one article in the post a week ago where a Vick supporter played the race card and said the only reason Vick is getting this much attention and getting indicted is because he is a black superstar.  That is complete BS.  If Brett Farve was dogfighting or cockfighting he would be in the same amount of trouble.

The same Vick supporter also went on to say, "So he was fighting dogs.  I don't see what is wrong with that.  Dogs fight all the time."

Yeah, they fight but they aren't forced to fight by human hands and then if they lose drowned, electrocuted, hung, or stomped to death, moron!  If its people like this defending him then Vick better be ready to toss the salad behind bars.

nospinzone1

« Reply #20: August 09, 2007, 04:00:31 PM »
I read one article in the post a week ago where a Vick supporter played the race card and said the only reason Vick is getting this much attention and getting indicted is because he is a black superstar.  That is complete BS.  If Brett Farve was dogfighting or cockfighting he would be in the same amount of trouble.

The same Vick supporter also went on to say, "So he was fighting dogs.  I don't see what is wrong with that.  Dogs fight all the time."

Yeah, they fight but they aren't forced to fight by human hands and then if they lose drowned, electrocuted, hung, or stomped to death, moron!  If its people like this defending him then Vick better be ready to toss the salad behind bars.

WILBON DID THE SAME THING IN YESTERDAY'S PAPER. WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE WHETHER VICK IS BLACK, WHITE, YELLOW OR WHATEVER. WILBON HAS BEEN SHOWING LATELY A SORTY OF CLOSET RACISM. PROVEN BY THE BS ARTICLE ON BONDS WHERE HE DID NOT EVEN MENTION AARON'S INDIFFERENCE AND WENT AFTER SELIG ALONE. HATE RACISTS NO MATTER WHERE THEY COME FROM.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #21: August 09, 2007, 10:50:30 PM »
Absolutely.   

Offline saltydad

« Reply #22: August 18, 2007, 05:18:39 PM »

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #23: August 19, 2007, 11:58:02 AM »
Dogfighting has been going on for HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of years all over. Why is it now such a terrible act of depravity?

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #24: August 19, 2007, 12:08:13 PM »
Now all of a sudden i mean