Author Topic: Dogfighting  (Read 10914 times)

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Re: Dogfighting
« Reply #125: August 23, 2007, 11:22:04 PM »
Yeah biut Dmitri was given a second chane and did seemed regretful about ha situtation. Daly doesn't even seem to care about what he does. His mind set is like basically everybody needs to elave him alone and mind they own bidness.

Vick i can tell by the reaction of everyboyd won't be given a second chacne by the media and the general publoc(besdie the black and other certain minority communities)

nospinzone1

« Reply #126: August 23, 2007, 11:40:05 PM »
Dmitri did not get a pass. he paid his dues. some of his problems stemmed from the extreme diabetes problem. not to excuse what he did , but he has been a model citizen since then. Millions like him have improved their lives with 12 step programs. Should they have been thrown to the scrap heap?

« Reply #127: August 24, 2007, 09:38:46 AM »
Dmitri Young has gotten a major pass from fans, especially in DC only because he can hit over .232 for one season.  I personally don't care about that crap because what can you do but he has gotten a pass.  It doesn't matter how regretful you are.  I can only imagine how many people currently in our jail system that are thinking, "Maybe I shouldn't of done that."  Jeffery Dahmer comes to mind.  Do we really feel pity for him?

A model citizen for like a little over half a baseball season.  Seems a bit early to declare him Saint Dmitri.  His diabetes is a terrible thing but it wasn't the disease that made those negative choices for him, it was the man himself.  As long as Dmitri keeps hitting the ball people will turn their heads or "forget."  But trust me, the minute he flakes (and his stats from every other season show that he might very well) people will start questioning him.

Vick isn't going to get a second chance because Jesus, he basically lied to the fans and team saying he was going to "clear his good name" when his name wasn't that good to begin with.  He hasn't really done a damn thing in the NFL although everyone likes to dream that he did.  And to manipulate a living creature into becoming a killer for the soul purpose of bloodsport makes anyone think twice.

I don't understand why the NAACP and all those groups even poked their nose into this business.  Its obvious it wasn't a racially motivated thing.  To me they are laying down the with the dogs and now they might get fleas.

nospinzone1

« Reply #128: August 24, 2007, 10:06:13 AM »
YOU ARE entitled to your opinion, which by the way is contrary to the majority of the people concerning Dmitri.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #129: August 24, 2007, 10:17:57 AM »
Dmitri has admitted his problems, whereas Vick has spent his entire lifetime in denial.  A reprehensible act is a reprehensible act any way you cut it, but most of us are willing to set aside ugly incidents from the past, if the person shows geniune contrition and seems to be making the shift to responsible participation in society.  We give them their second chance, because after all, none of us are without sin.

The contrast between Vick and Young could not be more stark, in my view.

« Reply #130: August 24, 2007, 10:56:39 AM »
YOU ARE entitled to your opinion, which by the way is contrary to the majority of the people concerning Dmitri.

And that is fine by me and nor does that make me wrong. 

"To be popular you need to be a member of the masses, to be a member of the masses means you are not part of the elite."

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #131: August 24, 2007, 11:06:17 AM »
Well, its the same question we have to ask ourselves: why do we give Dmitri Young a pass?...   

Dmitri is the exact opposite.  He is someone who hit rock bottom, realized who he had become, and changed his life, especially after he nearly died from diabetes.  Other multi-millionaire athletes would never have agreed to attend minor league rookie camp, instead of spring training with the MLB players.  Young embraced it, as all the rookies smothered him with questions about what it's like to be in the major league.  He accepted the terms of the minimum pay, with the stipulation that he only had one chance, after getting $8 million in 2006.  He met other alcoholics in rehab in Detroit, and realized how well off he was, as the only millionaire in the group.  His ex-wife was the one who drove him to the hospital when he should have died in Florida last winter.  They get along so well now that she consented to allowing their three children to live with Dmitri in DC during the season. 

Young has become the poster child of what MLB hopes that its problem players can do to turn their lives around.  Does he need to become your slave or butler before you can ever be satisfied? 

« Reply #132: August 24, 2007, 11:13:26 AM »
Does he need to become your slave or butler before you can ever be satisfied? 
(Image removed from quote.)

Absolutely not.  I am just pointing out the hypocrisy that runs rampant on this board at times. 

But we do get off topic here.  Hunting, Dmitri Young, and other known criminals and bad eggs are not the issue at hand here.  It is Michael Vick.  He has done something horrible, he is guilty, and he will be sentenced.

As Spider pointed out, pointing fingers everywhere else does not excuse Vick's actions, his lack of responsibility, or his show or non-show of regret. 

He is going to pay for what he has done and should pay regardless of how sorry he is (or isn't).

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #133: August 24, 2007, 05:21:16 PM »
HOw you know Vick is guilty???

Offline kimnat

« Reply #134: August 24, 2007, 05:24:48 PM »
Um, cause he's plea bargaining and his buddies can't sing loud or fast enough?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #135: August 24, 2007, 05:26:46 PM »

The newest news says he said that he never personally killed dogs or bet on them. He has, however, admitted to housing the dog fights.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #136: August 24, 2007, 05:27:23 PM »

Dude you're either blind, bias, completely clueless or all three. Vick has already admitted guilt and is plea bargaining to keep from going to prison for a longer term. And for those who are infatuated with the gansta mentality and are stupidly supporting Vick and maintaining his innocence he apparently ha agreed to become a government informant and take the witness stand on others of his ilk (for the gangstas in here that means he has decided to become a snitch. How's that for being a gangsta!).

Offline kimnat

« Reply #137: August 24, 2007, 05:31:20 PM »
His dad has been telling him for 6 years to cut it out and said he was fighting dogs in the family garage in 2001.  Sounds like the same Mikey Vick.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #138: August 24, 2007, 05:34:23 PM »
DOn't be so naive spidernat. Vick had no choice but to take a plaea. He was goin to get convicted regardless ofi f he was innocent. Federal cases have a 90% conviction rate, so regardlesss if you're innocent nine times out of ten you're getting convicted unless you have a mean alibi or hard evidence to prove otherwise.

Go ask any lawyer,and they'll tell you all about it and then ask em about that vick situation and what eh should've done.. He had no choice but to take the plea. He was jsut prolonging tha inevitable and wasting money.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #139: August 24, 2007, 05:39:08 PM »
DOn't be so naive spidernat. Vick had no choice but to take a plaea. He was goin to get convicted regardless ofi f he was innocent. Federal cases have a 90% conviction rate, so regardlesss if you're innocent nine times out of ten you're getting convicted unless you have a mean alibi or hard evidence to prove otherwise.

Go ask any lawyer,and they'll tell you all about it and then ask em about that vick situation and what eh should've done.. He had no choice but to take the plea. He was jsut prolonging tha inevitable and wasting money.

I think Federal cases have that high of a conviction rate because of the evidence and time it takes to become a big Federal case. Not saying that means it's a definite guilty defendant every time, but of course they're usually gonna get their man.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #140: August 24, 2007, 05:46:59 PM »

:rofl: I have to laugh about this but you don't know me so I can't fault you for thinking this. If there's one thing I'm not in regards to this is naive.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #141: August 24, 2007, 05:50:49 PM »
lol, that naive comment always get under ppl skin somethin beasty. Sorry for that. youi're not naive and i don't know you, but you need to read between tha lines. SHyt ain't always what it seems

nospinzone1

« Reply #142: August 24, 2007, 10:20:55 PM »
Michael Vick Cops Felony Plea
NFL star admits role in dog killings, pit bull fighting ring
 AUGUST 24--Michael "Ookie" Vick has agreed to plead guilty to a felony charge for his role in the management of a brutal dogfighting ring that was headquartered at a Virginia property owned by the NFL star. Vick, 27, is expected to formally enter his guilty plea Monday in an appearance at U.S. District Court in Richmond. As part of a plea deal, the Atlanta Falcons quarterback admitted that his Bad Newz Kennels operation wagered money--which he provided--in pit bull fights. However, "Vick did not gamble by placing side bets on any of the fights," according to a "summary of the facts" that was filed today in court. That document, a copy of which you'll find below, also notes that Vick "was aware" that three of his cohorts killed several dogs that performed poorly in test fighting sessions in mid-2002. The summary reports that "Vick did not kill any dogs at this time." Earlier this year, Vick, and two cronies "agreed to the killing of approximately 6-8 dogs" that fared poorly in testing sessions at his Smithfield, Virginia property. Some of the animals were drowned or hanged, and Vick "stipulated" that the animals died via the "collected efforts" of himself, and codefendants Quanis Phillips and Purnell Peace. Both Phillips and Peace previously pleaded guilty to federal charges and stated that Vick participated in the execution of eight dogs last April. Vick faces a maximum of five years in prison for his conspiracy conviction. (22 pages)

Offline kimnat

« Reply #143: August 24, 2007, 11:50:59 PM »
NFL Suspends Vick INDEFINITELY, headline on FoxNews.com 8/23 p.m.

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #144: August 25, 2007, 12:02:51 AM »
why stop there..

i say let the dogs have at him.

and eye for an eye

Offline saltydad

« Reply #145: August 25, 2007, 12:24:00 AM »
NFL Suspends Vick INDEFINITELY, headline on FoxNews.com 8/23 p.m.

Indefinitely=Forever please.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #146: August 25, 2007, 12:47:26 AM »
why stop there..

i say let the dogs have at him.

and eye for an eye

This is a human being we're talkin about here. Geez, you guys care more about them fukkin dogs(not cussin at you) than other human beings.

nospinzone1

« Reply #147: August 25, 2007, 01:03:55 AM »
This is a human being we're talkin about here. Geez, you guys care more about them fukkin dogs(not cussin at you) than other human beings.

i would rather have one of those dogs as a relative than a socalled human being like vick.

« Reply #148: August 25, 2007, 09:40:54 AM »

Not entirely true.  51% of us voted for a guy who sent thousands of human beings across the sea and into the desert to die.

Plenty are pissed about that.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #149: August 25, 2007, 11:11:10 AM »
Not entirely true.  51% of us voted for a guy who sent thousands of human beings across the sea and into the desert to die.

Plenty are pissed about that.
:worship: :worship: :worship:

(not that I voted for him)