Author Topic: Orioles Attendance  (Read 12594 times)

Online Five Banners

Re: Orioles Attendance
« Reply #300: January 05, 2020, 08:37:20 PM »
And with Trumbo, Cashner, Villar and Bundy off the books, they might actually be profitable with that attendance.

I'd make a snarky remark about how much of Baltimore's attendance is made up of fans of the visiting teams like the Yankees and Red Sox, but the Nationals have that problem, albeit to a lesser degree, as well.

This market and its owner doesn't tie its viability to another media market like theirs does

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #301: January 06, 2020, 07:22:28 PM »
The Wizards' approach.

This market and its owner doesn't tie its viability to another media market like theirs does

Offline OldChelsea

• From the best seat in the house at Nationals Park
« Reply #302: January 09, 2020, 11:49:58 AM »
And with Trumbo, Cashner, Villar and Bundy off the books, they might actually be profitable with that attendance.

I'd make a snarky remark about how much of Baltimore's attendance is made up of fans of the visiting teams like the Yankees and Red Sox, but the Nationals have that problem, albeit to a lesser degree, as well.

Take a look at the fixture-by-fixture attendance from last season (https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/bal/season/2019/seasontype/2/half/1) - attendances of less than 20k for each of three May home matches against the Yankees? The Orioles' attendance is so dire nowadays that even the Yankees and Red Sox visits aren't the big draws they once were.

Online Five Banners

« Reply #303: January 09, 2020, 10:49:57 PM »
Take a look at the fixture-by-fixture attendance from last season (https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/bal/season/2019/seasontype/2/half/1) - attendances of less than 20k for each of three May home matches against the Yankees? The Orioles' attendance is so dire nowadays that even the Yankees and Red Sox visits aren't the big draws they once were.

Haven't been back (to watch the visitors) since the 2015 riots that spilled into the ballpark area, and I don't think I'm alone.

Offline OldChelsea

• From the best seat in the house at Nationals Park
« Reply #304: January 10, 2020, 06:50:08 AM »
Haven't been back (to watch the visitors) since the 2015 riots that spilled into the ballpark area, and I don't think I'm alone.

You aren't - I've resided in this area continuously since 1977 and have never attended an Orioles home match (in fact I've never set foot in Baltimore, although I've passed through on trains many times).

Offline bluestreak

« Reply #305: January 10, 2020, 09:46:50 AM »
You aren't - I've resided in this area continuously since 1977 and have never attended an Orioles home match (in fact I've never set foot in Baltimore, although I've passed through on trains many times).

Well that’s a shame.  Baltimore isn’t nearly as bad as people here make it seem.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #306: January 10, 2020, 10:13:57 AM »
the tourist areas are cool. Just stay on the beaten path. :)

Well that’s a shame.  Baltimore isn’t nearly as bad as people here make it seem.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #307: January 11, 2020, 09:11:54 PM »

When I lived in Elkridge there were a few girls I messed around with that were Orioles fans so I'd humor them and go to games. My orthopedic surgeon's office is actually in the warehouse building so I'm at Camden quite often for follow ups.