Author Topic: Cord Cutting  (Read 13545 times)

Offline nfotiu

Re: Cord Cutting
« Reply #200: November 25, 2019, 11:24:07 AM »
Oh yeah something like 5 bucks would be more my speed but 10 is my line in the sand, I wouldn't even consider anything over that price.
I've done the unlocator/mlb.tv for the last few years.  It works well on the Roku.  The Apple TV was a battle this year.  I think MLB was doing things that made it not work, so it's been kind of a pain.  And like it was said, it doesn't work with mobile devices without more serious hacking around gps.  I don't know a good way to get good pirate streams on the tv in good quality and reliably.   Chromecast is crappy for that kind of thing.   HDMI cable to the TV is a pain.

We all have our own moral code for this kind of thing.  Personally, I think the mlb.tv workaround fits in mine because the only other option is to subscribe to a $50+ cable package to just get the one channel that isn't even paying the Nationals!

If the team is offering standalone access, no matter the price is, I guess that's where I feel obligated to either pay that amount, or if I don't think it's worth it, then don't watch the games.   It's seems somewhat entitled to say that I don't like the price they are charging, so I will let someone else foot the bills and pick up the streams illegally.