Author Topic: Stanton traded to the Yankees  (Read 4392 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Stanton traded to the Yankees
« Topic Start: November 20, 2017, 02:59:59 PM »
Latest:  cards and giants have made offers.

Craig Mish
@CraigMish
Source : Giants/Marlins names exchanged in potential Stanton deal : (SF) 2B Joe Panik, Top Prospects SP Tyler Beede & OF Chris Shaw. (Mia) Stanton & 2B Dee Gordon

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Re: Stanton trade
« Reply #1: November 20, 2017, 04:28:16 PM »
Honestly, anywhere but St. Louis or Boston would be fine with me. 

Offline imref

« Reply #2: December 08, 2017, 11:56:53 AM »
Rosenthal reports that it's down to the Dodgers and Yankees.  If he ends up in NY that makes it more interesting for Harper.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #3: December 08, 2017, 12:21:33 PM »
Rosenthal reports that it's down to the Dodgers and Yankees.  If he ends up in NY that makes it more interesting for Harper.

I think the Dodgers get him and Harper ends up in LA as well.

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #4: December 08, 2017, 12:23:34 PM »

Where do you see that? All I've seen is that Stanton will give responses to StL and SFG by today. People close to Stanton say that he would prefer to play for the Dodgers or the Yankees though, but it is not known if those teams have even made an offer to Miami for him.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #5: December 08, 2017, 12:24:50 PM »
4-Corner-Outfielders-R-U-Kidding-Me?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6: December 08, 2017, 01:42:25 PM »
What I read in Rosenthals article is that he’s listed 4 teams. Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs and Astros. He doesn’t want cards or giants. Cubs and Astros seen as lonshots. Situation described as “fluid” by Rosenthal.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #7: December 08, 2017, 01:51:22 PM »
It's nice to see a player taking advantage of his no trade. The fish are so desperate to offload the salary, Stanton can pretty much choose his team

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8: December 08, 2017, 02:03:00 PM »
It's nice to see a player taking advantage of his no trade. The fish are so desperate to offload the salary, Stanton can pretty much choose his team

They are threatening to basically tear down the team around him if he doesn’t give in. The Gordon trade was a shot across his bow.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #9: December 08, 2017, 02:19:36 PM »
They are threatening to basically tear down the team around him if he doesn’t give in. The Gordon trade was a shot across his bow.

If I'm him I just give a statement about how much I love the miami lifestyle

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #10: December 08, 2017, 02:22:20 PM »

didn't he just report that stanton will only go to 4 teams? i dont see why the yankees would give up much for him.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #11: December 08, 2017, 02:55:32 PM »
Eh, he's not dumb. He knows what they're doing. They haven't exactly been cagey with their intentions.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12: December 08, 2017, 03:28:23 PM »
didn't he just report that stanton will only go to 4 teams? i dont see why the yankees would give up much for him.

See my post above....

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #13: December 08, 2017, 03:57:36 PM »
*Newsflash*

Giancarlo Stanton traded to the Louvre Abu Dhabi

Offline imref

« Reply #14: December 08, 2017, 04:23:09 PM »
What I read in Rosenthals article is that he’s listed 4 teams. Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs and Astros. He doesn’t want cards or giants. Cubs and Astros seen as lonshots. Situation described as “fluid” by Rosenthal.

sorry, misread, thanks for correcting.

Offline imref

« Reply #15: December 09, 2017, 12:14:32 AM »
Jeff Passan tonight:  “Sources: Yankees making progress on a trade for Giancarlo Stanton. One source cautioned nothing done. Another was confident it’s moving toward that. Either way, momentum for Stanton to Yankees is significant.”

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #16: December 09, 2017, 12:43:27 AM »
Jeff Passan tonight:  “Sources: Yankees making progress on a trade for Giancarlo Stanton. One source cautioned nothing done. Another was confident it’s moving toward that. Either way, momentum for Stanton to Yankees is significant.”

I wonder if it'll be a good trade for Miami or if Cashman will take complete advantage of Jeter.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17: December 09, 2017, 01:06:33 AM »
I wonder if it'll be a good trade for Miami or if Cashman will take complete advantage of Jeter.

Is Jeter the GM? Do they have a GM?

Offline imref

« Reply #18: December 09, 2017, 06:57:38 AM »

Speculation is that Gardner will go back to Miami.

Offline NJ Ave

« Reply #19: December 09, 2017, 07:20:10 AM »
Speculation is that Gardner will go back to Miami.

So....complete advantage.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20: December 09, 2017, 08:40:47 AM »
Apparently the deal is done with the Yankees, per Rosenthal and Heyman. Gardner apparently staying with Yankees. I’m waiting to see the terms, but I’m wondering if the Marlins under Jeter will just be a feeder system for the Yankees.
On another note, this makes Harper to Yankees much less likely. The outfield was already crowded. If they keel Gardner and Ellsbury this only makes it more crowded and financially more difficult. Especially if they want Machado too.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #21: December 09, 2017, 08:55:49 AM »
Apparently the deal is done with the Yankees, per Rosenthal and Heyman. Gardner apparently staying with Yankees. I’m waiting to see the terms, but I’m wondering if the Marlins under Jeter will just be a feeder system for the Yankees.
On another note, this makes Harper to Yankees much less likely. The outfield was already crowded. If they keel Gardner and Ellsbury this only makes it more crowded and financially more difficult. Especially if they want Machado too.
Harper to the Dodgers. Or Angels. 

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #22: December 09, 2017, 09:35:13 AM »
If it's lopsided hoping the Commissioner steps in to stop it. Just bad optics to have a guy who played for the Yankees until a couple years ago giving away a great player for nothing.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #23: December 09, 2017, 09:39:49 AM »
If it's lopsided hoping the Commissioner steps in to stop it. Just bad optics to have a guy who played for the Yankees until a couple years ago giving away a great player for nothing.

If Stanton says Yankees or nothing and the marlins need to unload salary and cashman knows it, he’d be smart to not offer much

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #24: December 09, 2017, 09:43:55 AM »
If Stanton says Yankees or nothing and the marlins need to unload salary and cashman knows it, he’d be smart to not offer much
And the commissioner would be wise to stop it.