Author Topic: Fire Dave Martinez - Magic Numbers 4/8  (Read 155405 times)

Online trangert418

• Quit Clowning Around
And not having a short leash in the ninth or doing anything to slow things down (mound visits, etc. with a guy who basically said he's out of answers) when things started to look like tee ball was also a stroke of genius.

FP & maybe Bob have been commenting over & over how Menhart seems to have a magic touch recently when a pitcher is struggling. Where was he last night? I have my doubts whether it would've made a difference but where was he?

Also, I have no idea if it made a difference but Brewers pitching coach came out in the 9th (I think before Turner's AB) and Hader proceeds to slam the door shut. He had plenty of help from Nat's batters but he got out of a near impossible situation.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
@Todd_Dybas Martinez says he told Doolittle that when he comes back, he’s the closer.

Online mitlen

..  two of the other ones are "I love you" and "the check is in the mail".

Online Slateman

Yep, $6.5 million is a bargain for a good closer and Doolittle was that for a season and a half. Nats fans booed Papelbon, Storen, and Soriano out of town and Doolittle has been just as bad or worse. Martinez obviously likes having a named closer so it is time to shift Doolittle to lower leverage situations and pick someone else for the ninth.
:lmao:

Papelbon was a colossal douche.
Siriano was NEVER any good here.
Storen was mentally broken with zero success in the post season.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Boswell: What every Nationals fan knows, he missed: Cut back on Doolittle’s workload before you damage his season and your team’s October chances.

Good old know it all Boz. He saw the Doolittle blow up coming months ago. Funny thing is that a Twitter search returns zero comments from Boswell on this topic before this past week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/the-nats-closer-is-the-closer-the-manager-is-the-manager-therein-lies-a-problem/2019/08/18

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Ever since Martinez came to DC we've had a wave of paternity leaves. If you make your living from March - October how hard is it to aim for November - February?

Offline aspenbubba

And we blame this on Martinez? I think Trump is more culpable. :)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
And we blame this on Martinez? I think Trump is more culpable. :)

Yes because a lot of the kids have are born with a suspiciously swarthy complexion. :twisted:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession

Yes because a lot of the kids have are born with a suspiciously swarthy complexion. :twisted:
it's all about the citizenship

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
it's all about the citizenship

Politics.  :nono:  :hysterical:

Offline Air Desmond

It’s hard when a team has to overcome their own manager and bullpen to win games.

Offline Five Banners

It’s hard when a team has to overcome their own manager and bullpen to win games.

It's early

Offline Air Desmond

Davey can try all he wants to sink this season. It’s not going to work. Too much talent on this team. If Scherzer comes back strong, they will be world series contenders. Despite having a moron for a manager.

Offline Air Desmond

I believe in the talent on this team. There’s enough talent to overcome their braindead manager. They’ve done it for the last 3 months. Scherzer comes back Thursday. They will keep on trucking towards October.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
Bo Porter does not appear to be a fan of Martinez.  He always tells it like it is.

Offline Air Desmond

What goes on inside Davey's mind?

He lets Strasburg throw 110 pitches vs the Reds in a blowout.

Tonight he pulls Stras after 94 pitches in a 1-0 game.

WHERE IS THE LOGIC?

Offline Air Desmond

This guy can’t even handle managing a game in August vs the lowly Pirates. I shudder to think what he would do in a 1 game playoff scenario.

Online trangert418

• Quit Clowning Around
What goes on inside Davey's mind?

He lets Strasburg throw 110 pitches vs the Reds in a blowout.

Tonight he pulls Stras after 94 pitches in a 1-0 game.

WHERE IS THE LOGIC?

So Stras just said it was dave's decision to pull him

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
They interviewed Stras after the game.  He was respectful toward his manager, but made it clear that he could've continued into the 8th inning.

Online mitlen

He manages by throwing crap against the wall and hopin' something sticks.     If he's a metrics man then math is in trouble.

Offline Air Desmond

Davey has a habit of making things more difficult than they really are. Tonight was simple. Unless Stras tells you he’s done, you leave him in the game. He inserts Suero and the floodgates open.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Unfair comic posted on Reddit. Martinez has the boys heading to the playoffs, what more do people want?

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
@RayKnight25 Davy has done a stupendous job bring this ball club back and creating a happy, fun atmosphere. I applaud him. But I don’t get taking Strasburg out of the game with just 94 pitches. That’s just 13 pitches per inning, hardly stressful.

Offline Scrapple

Wonder what the odds are in Vegas for our Nationals “not making the Playoffs”? Sorry to say and I hope I’m wrong, but I see at least two of either the Mets, Phillies, Cardinals, and Cubs 4-5 games ahead of us in the very near future.

:couch:

Let’s go Naaaaaaaaats!!!