Author Topic: Fire Dave Martinez - Magic Numbers 4/8  (Read 155404 times)

Online imref

• 1B: The New Hot Corner
Davey giving Noll his first start today as Kendrick gets a day off.

Online Slateman

Davey giving Noll his first start today as Kendrick gets a day off.

Good move. Frankly, with Miller doing his rehab assignment and Rendon day to day, Noll should get more starts and Kendrick should rotate with Dozier and Zim

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Martinez is doing Sanchez dirty, letting him eat what was a winnable game. Must be saving the pen for the off day.

Offline rileyn

Martinez is doing Sanchez dirty, letting him eat what was a winnable game. Must be saving the pen for the off day.
He did Eaton dirty by leaving him in too, after clearly being hobbled in his first at bat.  I'm sure Adam lobbied to stay in, and Davey caved.  Can we put an adult at the wheel?

Online Slateman

He should have taken him out after the third inning when Eaton couldn't catch the third out? Is that really your point?

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
He should have taken him out after the third inning when Eaton couldn't catch the third out? Is that really your point?

At the time I wrote that three of the first four batters had gotten hits in the fourth. I would have taken him out at that time if not earlier. April games matter.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
He did Eaton dirty by leaving him in too, after clearly being hobbled in his first at bat.  I'm sure Adam lobbied to stay in, and Davey caved.  Can we put an adult at the wheel?

Tough with so many injuries but Martínez conceded this one awful early.

Online Slateman

At the time I wrote that three of the first four batters had gotten hits in the fourth. I would have taken him out at that time if not earlier. April games matter.

Yea because the bullpen doesnt have enough innings

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Yea because the bullpen doesnt have enough innings

Burn them out and sign new ones, it's not like this bunch is worth protecting.

Online imref

• 1B: The New Hot Corner
Davey: [Rosenthal] “threw the ball better”

Offline tomwvr

We will never be better then 500 with this manager. Cut him now hire someone with drive and passion.

Offline Duke of Earl

He should have taken him out after the third inning when Eaton couldn't catch the third out?
I was listening to the Rockies broadcast (on XM; out-of-town and that was all that was available) and the announcer said "I know people don't believe this happens, but that ball actually did slice upward and out-of-reach at the last instant".

Offline Duke of Earl

Better than what?  That would mean that he threw worse (sometime) and I can't imagine anything worse.

Online Slateman

Burn them out and sign new ones, it's not like this bunch is worth protecting.

PEOPLE GET BASE HITS IN COORS FIELD!?!? NO freakING WAY!?!?!?

Your post is basically everything wrong with your hatred if Martinez in a nutshell. You have no idea what's going on this game and complain about the DUMBEST crap.

I was listening to the Rockies broadcast (on XM; out-of-town and that was all that was available) and the announcer said "I know people don't believe this happens, but that ball actually did slice upward and out-of-reach at the last instant".

If Eaton doesnt sprint in, he catches it. Bad day for Eaton.

At this point, he has no choice. Rizzo gave the dude 7 million. He'll never be given a chance again if he cuts him. Sucks but I wouldnt expect Martinez to cut down any player in that position.

Online Slateman

We will never be better then 500 with this manager. Cut him now hire someone with drive and passion.

Passion is worthless without talent and execution. The team is lacking in talent and isnt executing.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
175 pages of recycled brilliance on display. Carry on. :popcorn:

Offline tomwvr

Passion is worthless without talent and execution. The team is lacking in talent and isnt executing.

This team has talent that is above average to all star level in all areas except the bull pen. They play like zombies and have no expectations given to them from the manager.
Add some passion to their play and the team  will do much better

Offline Natsinpwc

This team has talent that is above average to all star level in all areas except the bull pen. They play like zombies and have no expectations given to them from the manager.
With Turner and Rendon out its a weak lineup. Starting pitching is good. After two years of this have to recognize that the talent level is not that good.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
With Turner and Rendon out its a weak lineup. Starting pitching is good. After two years of this have to recognize that the talent level is not that good.

Other than Soto last year it would be nice if Martinez could get just one other player to exceed expectations.

Offline Natsinpwc

Other than Soto last year it would be nice if Martinez could get just one other player to exceed expectations.
Black holes at three of four infield positions. Eaton hitting but not with any power. Catcher better than last year but not really good.  I can’t put that on the manager. I would fire him though just to see what happens. Not likely to get much worse. Players need to know they are on the spot.

Online Slateman

Lol, it does?

They have one all star in the lineup right now. One.

Turner is hurt
Dozier is trash
First base is a crap shoot
Catcher is almost as bad as second base
LF is currently rocking a .241 average because the league figured out he cant hit breaking balls
CF is a rookie doing decently but nothing special
RF is a slap hitter

Outside of Rendon,  this team has a bunch of role players and bench players.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Black holes at three of four infield positions. Eaton hitting but not with any power. Catcher better than last year but not really good.  I can’t put that on the manager. I would fire him though just to see what happens. Not likely to get much worse. Players need to know they are on the spot.

We've had good managers here, under Baker, Johnson, Robinson, and even Riggleman there were always a couple guys who played better than expected. Under Martinez everyone is playing at or under expectations, too much regression across the board. No one can work magic but at least connect with some guys and get more out of them.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Lol, it does?

They have one all star in the lineup right now. One.

Turner is hurt
Dozier is trash
First base is a crap shoot
Catcher is almost as bad as second base
LF is currently rocking a .241 average because the league figured out he cant hit breaking balls
CF is a rookie doing decently but nothing special
RF is a slap hitter

Outside of Rendon,  this team has a bunch of role players and bench players.

Funny, Martinez inherited a team with five returning all stars, plus Rendon and Soto. Everything fell apart. Poor Davey, a victim of random circumstance. An unfortunate spectator.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
PEOPLE GET BASE HITS IN COORS FIELD!?!? NO freakING WAY!?!?!?

Your post is basically everything wrong with your hatred if Martinez in a nutshell. You have no idea what's going on this game and complain about the DUMBEST crap.

Says the guy who defended warming up two lefties. That was all I needed to know. You're willing to make any leap of logic in some strange exercise of supporting the bum just for the sake of being contrarian.

Online Slateman

Funny, Martinez inherited a team with five returning all stars, plus Rendon and Soto. Everything fell apart. Poor Davey, a victim of random circumstance. An unfortunate spectator.

Lol, because its Davey's fault Harper didnt give a crap and Murphy, Stras, Doolittle, and Zim got hurt.

Says the guy who defended warming up two lefties. That was all I needed to know. You're willing to make any leap of logic in some strange exercise of supporting the bum just for the sake of being contrarian.
From the guy who wanted to bail on the starting pitcher after giving up a few hits at Coors, to go to the bullpen with the worst ERA in baseball :roll: