Author Topic: Today's Curly WTF involves Uncle Ray and the police  (Read 9343 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

I'm assuming you're referring to the advertising model, which almost  completely dominates business in this and many other countries.   I don't accept it. 

I'm willing to pay for content.  I have Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and HBO accounts and don''t watch commercial TV if I can avoid it.

AND I HAVE A POST ACCOUNT.  I still cannot access the Post online, because the account is in my wife's name, she reads it on her device, and so I'm blocked.  I'm willing to pay for content but not twice.

Advertising is the scourge of society.  To the extent that it informs us usefully it's good.  But it rarely does; 99.9 % of advertising is trash.  It wastes huge amounts of time, it incurs data costs on mobile devices, it's disruptive, it's offensive, and it's misleading.

I want the entire advertising model destroyed in favor of a pay for content model.

I’m willing to subscribe to a few magazine and the post, I’d rather deal with ads for 75% of the sites that I visit than pay though