Author Topic: Are the Lerners mocked throughout the baseball industry?  (Read 8665 times)

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
:bow:   :mg:

2153) .......
2154) skippy
2155) VaRK
2156) bluestreak
2157) Slateman

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!

2153) .......
2154) skippy
2155) VaRK
2156) bluestreak
2157) Slateman

:razz:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

2153) .......
2154) skippy
2155) VaRK
2156) bluestreak
2157) Slateman

:lol:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
I don't think that's the compliment that you think it is...  :hysterical:

skippy knows it's just MeMaw humor. If it was bowling though......

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
I wonder if Mark will take a different approach with Boras than Ted may have?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

Lube up the backdoor?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

I'm trying to find an old column comparing Ted and Mark. Despite all of the articles saying that not much will change, I'd expect a loosening of the budget on expenses beyond player payroll and less turnover with the coaching staff.

Online aspenbubba

I'm trying to find an old column comparing Ted and Mark. Despite all of the articles saying that not much will change, I'd expect a loosening of the budget on expenses beyond player payroll and less turnover with the coaching staff.
I really doubt that Ted or Mark weighed in on coaching staff. Pretty sure it was Rizzos' realm.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I really doubt that Ted or Mark weighed in on coaching staff. Pretty sure it was Rizzos' realm.

That runs counter to every media report on Baker's dismissal.

Offline UMDNats

There are a lot of accounts of the Lerners getting involved with dusty.

Online aspenbubba

There are a lot of accounts of the Lerners getting involved with dusty.
Are you speaking about coaches or managers?

Offline hotshot

Only mocking the Lerners are getting is about how they can pay so much in payroll for such little on-field production.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Why haven’t the Lerner’s sold the naming rights to Nats Park yet?  Under their lease terms with the city selling the naming rights money is all theirs.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Why haven’t the Lerner’s sold the naming rights to Nats Park yet?  Under their lease terms with the city selling the naming rights money is all theirs.

I’m sure it’s becaue no one has accepted what I am sure is a huge asking price.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?

I don’t understand that. Look how many years of lost revenue they’ve endured and every other team sells theirs before the stadium is completed.

Offline nats4ever

So are the lerners on this list-http://triblive.com/sports/pirates/13215394-74/pirates-bob-nutting-rated-mlbs-4th-worst-owner-by-fangraphs

Or are we winning games? Let me know.

Offline mixedmutt

I don’t understand that. Look how many years of lost revenue they’ve endured and every other team sells theirs before the stadium is completed.

I'm sure they thought they could just win a WS title and get double the money...it goes along with the rest of the arrogance and naivety displayed by the Lerners.

Offline Ray D

Why not give them the benefit of the doubt on this.  Maybe it's because having stupid  commercial names is so obnoxious.   I'm not an Angelos fan, in fact I hate him, but that's one thing I give him credit for.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Why not give them the benefit of the doubt on this.  Maybe it's because having stupid  commercial names is so obnoxious.   I'm not an Angelos fan, in fact I hate him, but that's one thing I give him credit for.

Because it’s been reported that they are actively looking to sell the naming rights.

https://ballparkdigest.com/2017/11/20/nationals-still-seek-nationals-park-naming-rights-deal/