Author Topic: Are the Lerners mocked throughout the baseball industry?  (Read 8661 times)

Offline LoveAngelos

It's their ball...they can go home with it anytime they want...

Absolutely. But this town has had more than its share of owners who treat a sports teams a "their ball" or toy as I like to think.

Where have you gone Jack Kent Cook?  DC fan bases turn their lonely eyes to you

Online HalfSmokes

Are the Yankees mocked now that they hired a first time manager?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Are the Yankees mocked now that they hired a first time manager?
will Garrett Mock ever manage?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
will Garrett Mock ever manage?

Is that the "Besball been berry, berry goot to me" guy from SNL?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Is that the "Besball been berry, berry goot to me" guy from SNL?

Garrett Mock was pitching for the Nats while you were still a cubs fan.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

:judge:

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan

:lmao:

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
....we still doing the LAC thing?

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back

Spidey, That man has a family.

Offline tenken627

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/with-the-scent-of-amazon-hq2-in-the-air-owners-of-white-flint-mall-are-fighting/2018/04/03/8c2efa0e-3752-11e8-acd5-35eac230e514_story.html?utm_term=.978a3b921583

A group of minority owners of a former North Bethesda mall eyed for Amazon.com’s second headquarters is claiming in a lawsuit that the majority owners, including developer and Washington Nationals owner Theodore Lerner, are trying to force them out in advance of a potential Amazon deal.

Kind of sucks for the minority ownership group, but I guess we know where Harper's $400 million is coming from if Amazon moves into White Flint. And maybe Kershaw's $200 million

Offline LoveAngelos

Welcome to Amazon Park, home of the Washington Nationals where all the employees are 6 foot tall 240 lb warrior  like women. The Nats stadium now sits on the newly renamed Amazon River.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Welcome to Amazon Park, home of the Washington Nationals where all the employees are 6 foot tall 240 lb warrior  like women. The Nats stadium now sits on the newly renamed Amazon River.
I'll settle for Gal Gadot, but I guess she's not from that planet.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
This could be great when the Mets come to town - the Amazins vs. the Amazons.   

Instead of peaceful Rays in a tank, we could have a pool of piranhas out on the CF patio, and if a reliever blew a save in a playoff game, into the tank!  talk about incentives!

Offline LoveAngelos

I like the way you think

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
This could be great when the Mets come to town - the Amazins vs. the Amazons.   

Instead of peaceful Rays in a tank, we could have a pool of piranhas out on the CF patio, and if a reliever blew a save in a playoff game, into the tank!  talk about incentives!

Is there a suggestion box?

Offline Senatorswin

The Lerners need to get Rizzo extended. That's more important than signing Harper.

Online HalfSmokes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/with-the-scent-of-amazon-hq2-in-the-air-owners-of-white-flint-mall-are-fighting/2018/04/03/8c2efa0e-3752-11e8-acd5-35eac230e514_story.html?utm_term=.978a3b921583

Kind of sucks for the minority ownership group, but I guess we know where Harper's $400 million is coming from if Amazon moves into White Flint. And maybe Kershaw's $200 million

Just read the story in the post, I’m guessing that kills any chance of Amazon going there(why get into the middle of  a property dispute if you don’t have to)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Just read the story in the post, I’m guessing that kills any chance of Amazon going there(why get into the middle of  a property dispute if you don’t have to)

I'd bet a dollar A2 ends up in Loudoun.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I'd bet a dollar A2 ends up in Loudoun.

Oh good.     :roll:    The BOS will give away the farm.

Online HalfSmokes

I think somewhere in nova is a safe bet

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I think somewhere in nova is a safe bet

Amazon is apparently quite concerned about transit, so where-ever it is, it'll likely be adjacent to a Metro stop.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Amazon is apparently quite concerned about transit, so where-ever it is, it'll likely be adjacent to a Metro stop.

yep, and with Metro heading out past Dulles, that area is perfect for them.

Offline Ray D

Has nobody told them that metro is dysfunctional.

Offline Monarch

DC or Crystal City is my bet. All 50k people will need cars if its in Loudoun Co., and its not close to DC or Reagan Airport. Dulles airport sucks and who knows when the metro will operate there.