Author Topic: Are the Lerners mocked throughout the baseball industry?  (Read 8774 times)

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Looks like Ted is going to transfer control of the club to Mark.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/nationals-owner-ted-lerner-92-to-cede-control-of-club-to-son-mark/2018/06/14/3902cb24-6f80-11e8-afd5-778aca903bbe_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a8785fa73d84

"...the four couples get together and have to make a decision — like vote on whether we’re going to dismiss the manager or whatever is involved in making a large investment — we try to do it as a group and do it with unanimity,” Mark Lerner said. “That’s always worked well with us . . . . In reality, it’s the eight of us on major decisions, and it’ll continue to be that way.”

I guess that comes as no surprise to anyone but Rizzo...

Offline HalfSmokes

Shocking that a billion dollar business has owners involved in major decisions. It would almost be like large companies having people representing ownership in charge of major decisions, imagine how awful it would be if shuch a board directed a company

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Shocking that a billion dollar business has owners involved in major decisions. It would almost be like large companies having people representing ownership in charge of major decisions, imagine how awful it would be if shuch a board directed a company

I realize that you love to snark...but my point apparently went over your head...again...even though it is right there in black and white...

Offline HalfSmokes

I realize that you love to snark...but my point apparently went over your head...again...even though it is right there in black and white...

4 couples, 8 people making decisions, sounds like ownership makes decisions

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
4 couples, 8 people making decisions, sounds like ownership makes decisions

Whoosh...

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline HalfSmokes

If your shocked that an employee doesn’t get to make major decisions in a family owned business, you’re oblivious.  It’s not unique to baseball or sports

Offline spidernat

Offline LoveAngelos

Reality sucks when someone who may have a hard time deciding what shoes to wear or tie to put on is deciding who runs a ball club........but hey at least a St. Bernard is not sitting in the owners box....not yet anyway.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Reality sucks when someone who may have a hard time deciding what shoes to wear or tie to put on is deciding who runs a ball club........but hey at least a St. Bernard is not sitting in the owners box....not yet anyway.

Having the owner shag flies in full uniform during BP was worse than the dog.

Offline aspenbubba

Having the owner shag flies in full uniform during BP was worse than the dog.
Total BS. I said it before if I owned the team I would also be shagging flies and having Livian toss me batting practice.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I wonder if anyone that was posting here would stay out of baseball operations if they actually owned a team. I imagine there is not one single person.

Offline HalfSmokes

I wonder if anyone that was posting here would stay out of baseball operations if they actually owned a team. I imagine there is not one single person.

Not a chance - why have a billion dollar toy and not play with it?

Offline spidernat

Dear God I hope so. I know I'd like to think that I would stay the freak away from it and just hire the hire people and let them do their thing. As far as this place goes, there are only 2 posters here whose baseball acumen and analysis I would trust.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I would stay away from baseball operations but I'd continue to post on WNFF.

Offline spidernat

I would stay away from baseball operations but I'd continue to post on WNFF.

:lmao: 

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

Dear God I hope so. I know I'd like to think that I would stay the freak away from it and just hire the hire people and let them do their thing. As far as this place goes, there are only 2 posters here whose baseball acumen and analysis I would trust.

I'm number one on that list, correct?

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline spidernat

I'm number one on that list, correct?

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

You're sandwiched between VaRK and Slate but all 3 of you are behind skippy. :poke:

Offline mitlen

You're sandwiched between VaRK and Slate but all 3 of you are behind skippy. :poke:

It's an honor not to be on that list.   :)

Offline spidernat

Offline aBaltoNat

Dcpatti for the win!!!!

Offline mitlen

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

:bow:   :mg:

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
:bow:   :mg:

I don't think that's the compliment that you think it is...  :hysterical:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
I don't think that's the compliment that you think it is...  :hysterical:

No I get it, just acknowledging the dig ;)