Author Topic: Nationals vs Cubs, NLDS Game 5  (Read 157386 times)

Offline RiotAct

Re: Nationals vs Cubs, NLDS Game 5
« Reply #25: October 12, 2017, 01:43:52 PM »
Just win!

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #26: October 12, 2017, 01:57:01 PM »
According to Baseball Press, as of right now, Strasburg is starting again tonight:

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups/2017-10-12

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #27: October 12, 2017, 02:00:54 PM »
Me too.

I understood the in-game excitement. It was the interview after the game where he was declaring that they shouldn't be disrespecting him... You just won the game for your team, guy. If you'd been walked, you would have lost. Have a good laugh about it.  :roll:
Even the post game remarks don't bother me. It was dumb to pitch to him even if he ended up getting a weak hit. Beat them today and no one will care what they think anymore.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #28: October 12, 2017, 02:01:32 PM »
According to Baseball Press, as of right now, Strasburg is starting again tonight:

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups/2017-10-12

Shouldn't need to warm up much.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #29: October 12, 2017, 02:32:27 PM »
It's officially Gio.

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #30: October 12, 2017, 02:33:26 PM »
Reminder that MAT hit the grand slam a few minutes after JCA posted Putin

IT WAS NEVER IN DOUBT.  IT WORKED ONCE AGAIN!!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #31: October 12, 2017, 02:34:17 PM »
It's officially Gio.

It's your GDT.    Call Dusty and tell 'im you need a complete lineup.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #32: October 12, 2017, 02:36:32 PM »

Leaving the Fashionable West End of Henrico for the Park now.  Get a good parking stall and hit the bullpen for a pop before the gates open...

Talk amongst yourselves...

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #33: October 12, 2017, 02:43:57 PM »
Gio seems like the right call.  He's on regular rest.  Roark starting game 5 as his first appearance this postseason and a long layoff would scare me a little.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #34: October 12, 2017, 02:44:58 PM »
Leaving the Fashionable West End of Henrico for the Park now.  Get a good parking stall and hit the bullpen for a pop before the gates open...

Talk amongst yourselves...

Bring us home a win.

Offline tzinc

« Reply #35: October 12, 2017, 02:50:03 PM »
Is this guy clueless? His ERA for the series is 19.29 and the one clean inning he had two balls were hit hard. He might just be the series MVP. For the Nats. We can only hope they use him again tonight but I don't think Maddon is that dumb.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/10/12/well-see-you-guys-in-l-a-carl-edwards-jr-confident-ahead-of-nationals-cubs-game-5/?utm_term=.b6059b758564
Yeah Maddon is that dumb he keeps using him and then he used their Closer yesterday too Maddon has made a lot of dumb moves in this series for being a genius manager

And it was NOT dumb to pitch to Rizzo he's not fcking Babe Ruth or something you don't just walk good MLB hitters willy nilly in baseball games adding them onto the bases for another potential run say the next batter hits a HR or TRIPLE... this guy is not the second freaking coming or something

And it worked that popup should have been caught

As for RESPECT ME that is a freaking joke no one was disrespecting him what a big baby and he hit a fcking POPUP that 99% of the time is caught yeah he really showed us for disrespecting him wtf

Come on Cubs are delusional Edwards Rizzo Maddon

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #36: October 12, 2017, 02:51:01 PM »
As Strasburg shouts "RESPECT ME!  RESPECT ME!"

During the first game, Maddon told the "sideline reporter" that his Cubs would hit Strasburg the second time through the order. Sure did for no earned runs, I thought.

Was Anthony Rizzo shouting "respect me" to MAT as Taylor rounded 1B on the grand-slam??

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

« Reply #37: October 12, 2017, 03:07:25 PM »
With Gio I am hopeful he'll pitch well, but not confident.  Gio had a terrific season, but I admit I was always sort of waiting for it to blow up.  He barely hits 90 MPH now, so his success really hinges on that hook.  I wonder if the Cubs getting another look at him so quickly doesn't make Gio all the more hittable?

I do think that same logic applies to us hitting Hendricks.  Hendricks relies on location and fooling you instead of raw stuff, and you would think now that we've had a look at him 6 days ago that we'd have a much better approach and knock the cover off the ball.  I don't think it matters how many times you see a guy like Max or SS, they're stuff is just too good.  Certainly not the case with Hendricks. 

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

« Reply #38: October 12, 2017, 03:08:28 PM »
Rizzo doesn't show much respect to their cleanup hitter Wilson Contreras when he insists teams should always walk him.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #39: October 12, 2017, 03:13:08 PM »
Yea. It was dumb to pitch to Rizzo. If he needs to motivate himself who cares.

Anyways game is not important considering that we will all die soon.

Yellowstone supervolcano may blow sooner than thought — and could wipe out life on the planet - USA TODAY
https://apple.news/AT5O0oJzhR1KpTYIhdsMGXw

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #40: October 12, 2017, 03:14:12 PM »

Yellowstone supervolcano may blow sooner than thought — and could wipe out life on the planet - USA TODAY

No need updatin' my genealogy files.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #41: October 12, 2017, 03:15:35 PM »
Rizzo doesn't show much respect to their cleanup hitter Wilson Contreras when he insists teams should always walk him.
Contreras is batting .182.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #42: October 12, 2017, 03:16:12 PM »
No need updatin' my genealogy files.
Who will preserve the WNFF records.

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #43: October 12, 2017, 03:17:03 PM »
What upset me more was Rizzo acting like he did something in reality that ball should have been caught. Be excited sure but dont act like you ripped some single into center. If he did that he can scream "Respect me" till the cows come home

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #44: October 12, 2017, 03:17:37 PM »

why you gotta bring that doom and gloom into our joyous gdt?? :panic: :panic:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #45: October 12, 2017, 03:18:42 PM »
As far as Rizzo, anyone that actually feels the need to say "respect me!" probably isn't quite worthy of respect, not as much as he apparently thinks anyway. 

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #46: October 12, 2017, 03:19:03 PM »
why you gotta bring that doom and gloom into our joyous gdt?? :panic: :panic:
Yep. Just one laugh after another here.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #47: October 12, 2017, 03:21:19 PM »
As far as Rizzo, anyone that actually feels the need to say "respect me!" probably isn't quite worthy of respect, not as much as he apparently thinks anyway.
Players yell stuff after hits all the time. Maybe they should come up a list of words that are acceptable. I vote for the Braves to be in charge.

Offline USF_Football

« Reply #48: October 12, 2017, 03:30:59 PM »
I've already booked a flight back to DC for Game 3 of the World Series. Looking forward to seeing the expression on my Dad's face when he gets to his first World Series game after waiting so long for baseball to come back to DC. Really hoping we match up with the Astros... I can make the drive to Houston in three hours from San Antonio.

I'm telling you right now, we're winning this series tonight.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #49: October 12, 2017, 03:32:04 PM »
I've already booked a flight back to DC for Game 3 of the World Series. Looking forward to seeing the expression on my Dad's face when he gets to his first World Series game after waiting so long for baseball to come back to DC. Really hoping we match up with the Astros... I can make the drive to Houston in three hours from San Antonio.

I'm telling you right now, we're winning this series tonight.
Sounds darn good to me.