Author Topic: Nationals @ Cubs, NLDS Game 3  (Read 38832 times)

Scraps

Re: Nationals @ Cubs, NLDS Game 3
« Reply #900: October 09, 2017, 08:35:52 PM »
was Maddon a crappy manager when he made lineup changes after a huge win and then used the wrong reliever i didnt see people saying he was crap

Dusty is an excellent manager the gm is just ok not willing to get the final pieces and the hitters have vanished = this is not on Dusty

It most certainly is on Dusty. He’s the one responsible for getting this club ready to play Playoff Baseball.

This team is actually hitting pretty well for just coming out of Dusty Baker’s Spring Training II September. He put his players in the wrong mindset with all the days off and making horses az$  makeshift lineups such as Difo batting 3rd for craps sake coming down the stretch. Hard to flip the switch from a Spring Training  atmosphere to Playoff Baseball  intensity.
I feel bad bashing Baker but he should freaking know better. I want him to go out a winner but he has now waited too long to make any drastic changes. Not good.

His loyalty to Werth is unconscionable. Guess Baker is scared Werth will rip his lineup card off the wall in front of his other players. Then again, maybe the Rizzo-Boras-Werth love triangle has something to do with the lineup? I’m thinking Mr. Boras would like to see Jason Werth leading off tomorrow.

Let’s look to the bright side, at years end the Nationals will improve  immensely  on the field as well as in the clubhouse by doing nothing.  - Werth / + Robles + Eaton

Go Nationals! We can do THIS!!!!