Author Topic: Nationals vs Cubs, NLDS Game 2  (Read 46915 times)

Offline NatNasty

Re: Nationals vs Cubs, NLDS Game 2
« Reply #25: October 07, 2017, 02:10:21 PM »
Heading to the store now to pick out a cut of beef and then we'll get this playoff crap straightened out.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #26: October 07, 2017, 02:14:15 PM »
To use a Scaliaism, Lester is all jiggery pokery.  Eff him.
I'm not sure what you said but I like the sound of the words.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #27: October 07, 2017, 02:15:51 PM »
Heading to the store now to pick out a cut of beef and then we'll get this playoff crap straightened out.

Just stay away from the salmon.    It kills us.     Get a good filet.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #28: October 07, 2017, 02:15:57 PM »
"SS   Trea Turner (R)
RF   Bryce Harper (L)
3B   Anthony Rendon (R)
2B   Daniel Murphy (L)
1B   Ryan Zimmerman (R)
LF    Jayson Werth (R)
C     Matt Wieters (S)
CF   Michael Taylor (R)"

Pathetic. Just pathetic.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. -- Someone infinitely smarter than the manager.
At least he is batting Harper second and Rendon third. Didn't help yesterday but that's what everyone wanted. Surprised he didn't go back to Werth in the second spot.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #29: October 07, 2017, 02:16:38 PM »
Just stay away from the salmon.    It kills us.     Get a good filet.
We had salmon Thursday night so that was probably what did it. My bad.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #30: October 07, 2017, 02:16:38 PM »
I'm good for 375.     After that :shrug:.

:lol:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #31: October 07, 2017, 02:17:04 PM »
At least he is batting Harper second and Rendon third. Didn't help yesterday but that's what everyone wanted. Surprised he didn't go back to Werth in the second spot.

I was on a pretty even keel yesterday 'til Harper hit the lollipop to short right that the 2nd baseman ran down.    That was an emotional pisser for me.

Offline Leroy Veritas

« Reply #32: October 07, 2017, 02:18:24 PM »

I guess you can call those baby steps. I was expecting Werth in the 2 hole today for no good reason. It's a shame that a stud bat like Kendrick is stuck on the bench. But that's what happens when you get your second choice at manager because your first choice refused the lowball offer.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #33: October 07, 2017, 02:26:14 PM »
I guess you can call those baby steps. I was expecting Werth in the 2 hole today for no good reason. It's a shame that a stud bat like Kendrick is stuck on the bench. But that's what happens when you get your second choice at manager because your first choice refused the lowball offer.
It's shame but fully expected. Kendrick was a great pickup by Rizzo but will probably only get a couple at bats in the series. We could do worse than Dusty (See Matt Williams as exhibit one) but we could do better. However no reason to not extend him if they aren't willing to pay for a good manager. In any event this is the third manager in the playoffs so at what point do you realize the players are the ones not coming through.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34: October 07, 2017, 02:34:53 PM »

Nats lost because Werth was in the lineup? And didn’t Kendrick bat? What was his result?

Offline Leroy Veritas

« Reply #35: October 07, 2017, 02:41:12 PM »
It's shame but fully expected. Kendrick was a great pickup by Rizzo but will probably only get a couple at bats in the series. We could do worse than Dusty (See Matt Williams as exhibit one) but we could do better. However no reason to not extend him if they aren't willing to pay for a good manager. In any event this is the third manager in the playoffs so at what point do you realize the players are the ones not coming through.

Williams was 179-145. The current manager is 192-132. Williams had a 96 win season compared to the 95 and 97 of the last two years. The difference in the two isn't that much in the regular season. Playoffs are where managerial tactics matter and neither is competent.

Rizzo/Lerner's need to spend the money on someone who is either a hot name for manager or a veteran postseason winner.

Offline Leroy Veritas

« Reply #36: October 07, 2017, 02:42:48 PM »
Nats lost because Werth was in the lineup? And didn’t Kendrick bat? What was his result?

Yes, pinch hitting and getting 4 AB is the same thing. Then there's the part where Werth is just loafing through the OF while balls roll to the wall all around him. He's shot as a player and defending the idiot manager's decision to play him is asinine.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #37: October 07, 2017, 02:46:52 PM »
Williams was 179-145. The current manager is 192-132. Williams had a 96 win season compared to the 95 and 97 of the last two years. The difference in the two isn't that much in the regular season. Playoffs are where managerial tactics matter and neither is competent.

Rizzo/Lerner's need to spend the money on someone who is either a hot name for manager or a veteran postseason winner.
The team totally collapsed and gave up on Matt in 2015. He was way in over his head. Had no idea how to handle the Papelbon acquisition and Storen.

In any event I figure a really good manager is worth a couple games a year and maybe one in the playoffs. To much emphasis on the manager and not enough on the players IMHO. 

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #38: October 07, 2017, 02:48:33 PM »
Yes, pinch hitting and getting 4 AB is the same thing. Then there's the part where Werth is just loafing through the OF while balls roll to the wall all around him. He's shot as a player and defending the idiot manager's decision to play him is asinine.
Good point and I agree Kendrick should start.  However guys 1-5 in the lineup did next to nothing and they are the ones who are supposed to carry the team. They laid a big egg yesterday. That's the main reason they lost.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #39: October 07, 2017, 02:48:59 PM »
The team totally collapsed and gave up on Matt in 2015. He was way in over his head. Had no idea how to handle the Papelbon acquisition and Storen.

In any event I figure a really good manager is worth a couple games a year and maybe one in the playoffs. To much emphasis on the manager and not enough on the players IMHO. 

While this is generally true, I think there's a reason Dusty Baker has never won a World Series despite being at the helm of a great many talented teams.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40: October 07, 2017, 02:49:55 PM »

You’re a freaking idiot. Not very a very nuanced or intelligent take, but look who I’m dealing with. I’m done.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #41: October 07, 2017, 02:52:49 PM »
Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer iste it ain't even game time and yunz are rippin' each other.    This is TODAY's GDT.    Save the nagin' about other crap for other threads.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #42: October 07, 2017, 02:53:49 PM »
Game one replay is showing on MLB now. Still time to catch the really bad part.  :couch:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43: October 07, 2017, 02:53:51 PM »
Sorry to the rest of the board for the name calling. I won’t do it again. Mostly because I now have Leroy on ignore. 😉

Offline mitlen

« Reply #44: October 07, 2017, 02:55:29 PM »
Game one replay is showing on MLB now. Still time to catch the really bad part.  :couch:

Might see me on TV again.    :)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #45: October 07, 2017, 02:56:18 PM »
Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste it ain't even game time and yunz are rippin' each other.    This is TODAY's GDT.    Save the nagin' about other crap for other threads.

For real! I'm all excited again for the game and they're bumming me out!

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #46: October 07, 2017, 02:56:33 PM »

Were you on last night??

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #47: October 07, 2017, 02:57:59 PM »
Where were you?
Roaming I assume.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #48: October 07, 2017, 02:58:21 PM »
Were you on last night??

I'd post a quick take someone sent us at the game but I don't know how to post it.    It was a shot from the 3rd base camera.    Hawpah was battin' and we appear just above and to the left of his batting glove.    :)       Somebody at home froze it and sent it to one of the other guys.    Pretty cool.     We were probably on several times.    VaRK texted me when that foul ball screamer hit off the railing a few rows in front of us.    I think he thought we were taken out by the shot.    Almost popped the Event Staff guy sittin' there.    He never saw it comin'.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #49: October 07, 2017, 02:58:37 PM »
For real! I'm all excited again for the game and they're bumming me out!
You love the angst. That's why you are here.