Author Topic: Jacque Jones suspended  (Read 4671 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Re: Jacque Jones suspended
« Reply #25: October 07, 2017, 03:17:21 PM »
That's quite a leap from "included in his contract" and "shared pics" to Nats not reporting it. They would not be culpable for either of the first two, they would be if they knew about it and didn't report it (whether or not either of the first two were true) but how would they know about it? 
They are listed in the suit because of the possibility that it might be discovered that they knew about it.

It’s like in medical malpractice cases.  The lawyers sue  literally anyone who’s name appears in the chart and then sort out who, if anyone, did anything wrong later.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #26: October 07, 2017, 05:23:09 PM »
Full tiddies. This is the asst hitting coach.

Fixed.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #27: October 07, 2017, 07:42:57 PM »
That's quite a leap from "included in his contract" and "shared pics" to Nats not reporting it. They would not be culpable for either of the first two, they would be if they knew about it and didn't report it (whether or not either of the first two were true) but how would they know about it? 
They are listed in the suit because of the possibility that it might be discovered that they knew about it.

All it takes for them to know is him sharing with management- they’re probably hoping dusty was on the distribution list

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #28: October 07, 2017, 07:45:06 PM »
It’s like in medical malpractice cases.  The lawyers sue  literally anyone who’s name appears in the chart and then sort out who, if anyone, did anything wrong later.

Yes, but you need at least a reasonable basis to believe someone you name as a defendant might have done something wrong, or you can get sanctioned. 

Lerners have deeper pockets than Jacque does.

Cynically, naming them in the complaint and serving it on them makes it impossible for them not to know, so it virtually ensures he gets fired.  It's an easy way to get back at him if you're the plaintiff.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #29: October 07, 2017, 07:58:28 PM »
Cynically, naming them in the complaint and serving it on them makes it impossible for them not to know, so it virtually ensures he gets fired.  It's an easy way to get back at him if you're the plaintiff.

Now that makes sense to a layman.    You just want a piece of his ass.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #30: October 09, 2017, 11:22:58 AM »
Nats included in the suit apparently because Jones was on the clock when he sent the photos.     Looks like trollin' for big fishies by includin' the Nats.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/dc/laywer-speaks-on-natscoach-revenge-pictures-lawsuit/481842941

Offline dlayman

« Reply #31: October 09, 2017, 11:34:42 AM »
Link isn't working for me.  If the Nats didn't know about it, it doesn't seem right they should be liable, but what do I know, I'm just a layman (literally).

Offline mitlen

« Reply #32: October 09, 2017, 11:36:02 AM »
Link isn't working for me.  If the Nats didn't know about it, it doesn't seem right they should be liable, but what do I know, I'm just a layman (literally).

Works for me at home.    You workin'?    If you work for the government, they may have the link blocked because it's one of the "fake news" networks.       :)

Offline dlayman

« Reply #33: October 09, 2017, 11:39:27 AM »
Works for me at home.    You workin'?    If you work for the government, they may have the link blocked because it's one of the "fake news" networks.       :)

I am at work, but not government.  A lot of stuff doesn't work right on my PC.  The group picture from the meet up never showed up when viewing on my computer but popped right up on my phone.  The site itself did come up but not the story, said the page had moved.  I searched the site for his name and found the story.  weird.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #34: October 09, 2017, 11:41:11 AM »

I am at work, but not government.  A lot of stuff doesn't work right on my PC.  The group picture from the meet up never showed up when viewing on the computer, but popped right up on my phone.  It just says page no longer exists or has moved.  The site itself does come up but not the story.

Might find it by scrollin' their news stories.    I think it first aired last night.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #35: October 09, 2017, 12:33:09 PM »

Anyone who works for the government should have today off :)

Offline mitlen

« Reply #36: October 09, 2017, 12:33:50 PM »
Anyone who works for the government should have today off :)

As opposed to any other day?      :couch:

Offline dlayman

« Reply #37: October 09, 2017, 01:01:29 PM »
Jones must be a real jerk to do this, both to the woman and to the team.  Baseball players like routine, and this definitely disrupted it.  That said, I don't know why anybody allows photos like this to be taken of them.  So he's on paid vacation now, but I bet he's dismissed pretty soon.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #38: October 09, 2017, 01:05:30 PM »
Jones must be a real jerk to do this, both to the woman and to the team.  Baseball players like routine, and this definitely disrupted it.  That said, I don't know why anybody allows photos like this to be taken of them. So he's on paid vacation now, but I bet he's dismissed pretty soon.

I agree.    They were in a long distance relationship according to the story.     They could have been selfies.

Offline dlayman

« Reply #39: October 09, 2017, 01:09:05 PM »
You're probably right, that's maybe even more stupid.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #40: October 09, 2017, 01:09:31 PM »
As opposed to any other day?      :couch:
Toiling hard for all you ingrates. Oh wait..

Offline mitlen

« Reply #41: October 09, 2017, 01:09:54 PM »
You're probably right, that's maybe even more stupid.

I don't get it at all.    Maybe I'm old  ...     :)    On the other hand, I hope I wouldn't betray someone like that.

Offline Leroy Veritas

« Reply #42: October 09, 2017, 01:51:19 PM »
I hear the Dolphins have a coaching opening.

Offline RiotAct

« Reply #43: October 09, 2017, 03:52:18 PM »
I hear the Dolphins have a coaching opening.
:lol:

Not a good week for assistant coaches!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #44: October 09, 2017, 08:49:54 PM »
And in the end:

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #45: October 09, 2017, 10:13:18 PM »
His value has gone up these past several games.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #46: October 09, 2017, 10:23:07 PM »
:doh:

Offline vicki4471

« Reply #47: October 11, 2017, 09:37:49 AM »
Jones must be a real jerk to do this, both to the woman and to the team.  Baseball players like routine, and this definitely disrupted it.  That said, I don't know why anybody allows photos like this to be taken of them.  So he's on paid vacation now, but I bet he's dismissed pretty soon.

They allow photos like this to be taken of themselves so that a few years from now when the relationship fails and they get plastered all over the internet the victim can sue and make millions. 

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #49: March 08, 2019, 04:41:57 PM »
I wonder how many suicides can be directly linked to this kind of crap.  Probably a pretty huge number.