Author Topic: Out of Town Ballparks  (Read 22059 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Out of Town Ballparks
« Reply #175: July 07, 2021, 10:47:03 PM »
Anyone been to a Wisconsin Timber Rattlers game?

I coached a little league team by that name. Does that count?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #176: July 07, 2021, 11:00:45 PM »
Udder Tuggers  :hysterical:

Not sure if schedule will permit, but I'll be at that airport a couple of times in the next few days and I see that the Udder Tuggers' stadium is like a squirt away and they are just starting a home stand. 

I see that Friday is "Margaritaville Night" featuring a post-game concert by the "Boat Drunks".  This sounds like minor league nirvana

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #177: July 07, 2021, 11:09:55 PM »
Udder Tuggers  :hysterical:

Not sure if schedule will permit, but I'll be at that airport a couple of times in the next few days and I see that the Udder Tuggers' stadium is like a squirt away and they are just starting a home stand. 

I see that Friday is "Margaritaville Night" featuring a post-game concert by the "Boat Drunks".  This sounds like minor league nirvana

You have to do it...this is bucket list quality stuff...  :D

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #178: July 07, 2021, 11:17:41 PM »
You have to do it...this is bucket list quality stuff...  :D
For sure.  Everything will be no doubt be covered in cheese.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #179: July 08, 2021, 02:34:34 PM »
For sure.  Everything will be no doubt be covered in cheese.
I'd say milk this trip for all it's worth.

• babble on
« Reply #180: July 12, 2021, 10:53:54 AM »
We went on Saturday ("Frozen"-themed "Princess Night", more sparkles and rainbows than in a unicorn's fart).  It was a blast.  High A minor league baseball is a good time, cheap, and (unlike half the Nats games I've attended this year), actually 9 innings of baseball. 

There was a video scoreboard in left field, but in the concourse it was right out of Office Space:

Pretty close to the field for less than the cost of a beer at Nats Park:

I managed to score an "Udder Tuggers" shirt on the way out.  In Cheese We Trust.  Interesting that they used the DH despite being a NL (Brewers) affiliate playing at home...ultimately the Quad City River Bandits (KC Royals affiliate) beat the home team, 11-9, despite a decent rally back from a deep hole in the 9th.   

Apparently A-Roid played for the Foxes (as they used to be called) back in the day. 

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #181: July 12, 2021, 11:00:11 AM »
I managed to score an "Udder Tuggers" shirt on the way out.  In Cheese We Trust.

Jealous...  ;)

You need to check this out from the plane on your next trip...

"Here's the story behind a 200-foot beer logo made from pines near the Appleton Airport"

https://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/local/2021/07/06/appleton-old-style-beer-pine-trees-near-airport-resemble-logo/7872517002/

• babble on
« Reply #182: July 12, 2021, 11:01:29 AM »
That is SO Wisconsin  :D

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #183: August 03, 2021, 04:59:26 PM »
I am sorry I missed this. I have been to three of the parks in that league! What were you doing up there? God’s country.

Offline hohoho

« Reply #184: March 01, 2022, 07:26:07 PM »
If god was an ignorant cheese farmer.

Offline imref

« Reply #185: August 06, 2022, 05:04:14 PM »
I’m at Camden today. Quick observations: scores board is awful but the clock works

And Voth is starting

Offline imref

« Reply #186: August 06, 2022, 10:42:29 PM »
Fun games at opcy. Nearly full except for the two sections they aren’t using. Concessions are a nightmare, huge lines and no mobile ordering.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #187: August 06, 2022, 10:47:37 PM »
Fun games at opcy. Nearly full except for the two sections they aren’t using. Concessions are a nightmare, huge lines and no mobile ordering.
NANF.   :hysterical:

Why aren't they using two sections?

Offline imref

« Reply #188: August 07, 2022, 01:10:31 AM »
NANF.   :hysterical:

Why aren't they using two sections?

They claim labor shortages. Second biggest crowd of the year tonight as it was the park’s 30th anniversary celebration with lots of returning players including Mussina and Murray. Cal delivered a message via video.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #189: August 03, 2023, 07:57:03 PM »
I paid my first visit today to Marlins Park or as it is now know LoanDepot Park. It was a 3.5 hour drive down and about 4.5 hours back so tired and putting this here as a placeholder.  Traffic seems like hell in South Florida. The park certainly has a different vibe about it and I wished I had worn a long sleeve shirt tge A/C was so good.

Online KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #190: August 03, 2023, 08:23:28 PM »
Coors Field last weekend.  Got walk-up tickets thinking, "the Rockies suck right now and they're hosting the A's.  Can't be that full."  Boy, was that a mistake - 45,000 showed up.  It was Star Wars night and a low-cost admission night for Colorado State students.

Beautiful stadium with good sightlines.  The concessions were just okay, though.  Best thing I had was a beer from the in-stadium brewery.  Parking near the stadium sucks.  Might try the light rail next time I'm in Denver.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #191: August 04, 2023, 08:49:44 AM »
Coors Field last weekend.  Got walk-up tickets thinking, "the Rockies suck right now and they're hosting the A's.  Can't be that full."  Boy, was that a mistake - 45,000 showed up.  It was Star Wars night and a low-cost admission night for Colorado State students.

Beautiful stadium with good sightlines.  The concessions were just okay, though.  Best thing I had was a beer from the in-stadium brewery.  Parking near the stadium sucks.  Might try the light rail next time I'm in Denver.
I've only been there once but thought it was a great setting an nice stadium. Did the walk down the main street (16th?) to Blake and back, had some drinks in one of the sports bars to catch the start of an east coast (sox) game, then went in. I've wanted to go back for quite a while but haven't made the trip.

Offline imref

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #194: October 30, 2023, 06:26:36 PM »
Isn’t this the section of Tampa some of you guys wanted the Rays to move to?

https://baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2023/10/29/multiple-people-shot-overnight-outside-ybor-city-nightclub

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #195: October 30, 2023, 08:02:44 PM »

https://baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2023/10/29/multiple-people-shot-overnight-outside-ybor-city-nightclub
we thought it was worth a shot

Offline imref

« Reply #196: October 30, 2023, 08:36:15 PM »

there's crime in St. Pete too...

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #197: October 31, 2023, 11:44:52 AM »
I just can't understand the Rays building a stadium next to where the present one is.

Offline machpost

« Reply #198: October 31, 2023, 12:22:53 PM »
I just can't understand the Rays building a stadium next to where the present one is.
When they were doing everything in their power to get away from that particular location, it almost feels like it's set up to fail. The exterior renderings kind of make it look like some sort of megachurch, so maybe that's the fallback plan. This gives Montreal a good amount of time to put together a new stadium development, too.

Offline imref

« Reply #199: October 31, 2023, 01:26:10 PM »
it is part of a new development area. If they can somehow get mass transit from tampa to st. pete then it might be successful.

St. Pete has been rapidly growing in recent years though.