Author Topic: Post season roster  (Read 18292 times)

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Re: Post season roster
« Reply #175: September 29, 2017, 01:50:38 PM »
I think 7 bullpen 6 bench players.  I just don't see a need for 8 bullpen guys.  Kintzler, Madson, and Doolittle have the 7th, 8th, and 9th.  Albers would get the call in the 6th.  We might use Perez or Solis in the 6th or earlier against lefties. 

You fully expect Max and Stras to pitching at least into the 7th inning and turn it over to our Big 3 we acquired.  Gio and Roark might get the hook in the 5th if they aren't at their sharpest. 

I think we could use the 6th bench player more than the 8th reliever.

Agree with this, except that pretty much everyone gets quicker hooks in the playoffs, and I'd imagine that includes Strasburg (although probably not Scherzer).  While those quicker hooks seem to ask for more relief pitchers, they also functionally ask for a longer bench for pinch hitters/ double switches.  If Goodwin is healthy, he probably makes it as the next lefty and backup CF.  Robles would be the next one up if there is room, especially given the speed, but he does make rookie mistakes like the one on the SB last night.  That just can't happen in the playoffs.