Author Topic: Post season roster  (Read 18419 times)

Offline whytev

Re: Post season roster
« Reply #125: September 25, 2017, 11:05:28 AM »
Back to the postseason roster...

If Goodwin and Drew can make it back this week in time to get some ABs and show something will be interesting to follow. 

Right now, I feel confident that in addition to the Kintlzer, Madson, Doolittle Triumphant at the back end and Albers, that Solis will join Perez as the lefties.  That's 6 bullpen slots.  I think Romero and Grace are left out as lefties against the Cubs.  I tend to lean towards us having only 7 bullpen guys and Blanton being that last guy.  I don't think there will be a designared "long man" kept.  I also wouldn't aniticpate using anybody but Kintzler/Madson/Doolittle in the games Max and Stras pitch.  Gio and Roark I can see being pulled after 5 unless they are really sharp, then turning it over to Albers in the 6th mixing in Perez/Solis against tough lefties.

There just aren't enough ABs for Drew.  Difo had a better year at the plate, is younger, and can bail you out at way more positions.  It sucks what happened to him, but he could start every day and bat .300/.400/.500 and I still wouldn't give him the nod.

Goodwin...different story.  If he comes back and goes on one of his mini tears, he could snake Robles' spot, but I'd probably drop Blanton, not Robles.