Author Topic: 2017 Trade Deadline Rumors/Trades/Discussion  (Read 66900 times)

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Tony Watson to the dodgers. Takes them out of Hand and Britton most likely.
I'd be shocked if Britton moves at this point with only 20 minutes left and the O's being wishy washy about trading him to begin with.

Offline DPMOmaha

I'm not sure that's the case.  MLB Trade Rumors had them sticking to that price as of like 3 hours ago.  We'll know if they come down based on whether Hand moves or not.  If they do, you have to think he'll go somewhere, whether it's here or not.
If that's the case, I don't think he gets moved, at least not to the Nats.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Lynn and Rosenthal - do it Rizzo!

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
If that's the case, I don't think he gets moved, at least not to the Nats.
Agreed.  I don't think he goes anywhere if they stick to that asking price.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Hernández to D-backs, Watson to Dodgers. I think they are both out of contention for Hand or Rosenthal or Kinzler. Prices coming down I bet.

Offline tzinc

Yankees added 2 starters and relievers lol plus a 3b they didn't stop after they added their 2 relievers --- they also kept their top 4 or 5 prospects

Offline dshawg77

Think it's more a sign that they aren't expecting Drew back any time soon.

Probably correct-with 12 min left..trying to stir the pot:) ha ha

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Hand a hot commodity
 The Brad Hand sweepstakes could come down to the wire.

With today's 4 p.m. ET non-waiver Trade Deadline fast approaching, a Padres source told MLB.com's AJ Cassavell that four teams remain in play for the coveted lefty (though no specific teams were divulged).

The Nationals, Astros and Dodgers are among the clubs to have been reportedly linked with the Padres and Hand in the past.

The 27-year-old Hand is coming off a string of three straight saves late last week, lowering his ERA to 2.00. He has struck out 70 hitters in 54 innings and hasn't allowed a run since June 10, a stretch of 19 consecutive scoreless appearances.

Hand, a first-time All-Star in 2017, is under contract through the '19 season. With that in mind, the Padres have set a high asking price -- but one they deem fair, given his skill set and the 2 1/2 years of control. General manager A.J. Preller indicated earlier this month that San Diego is willing to hold onto Hand, if that price isn't met.
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/242089356/mlb-buzz-trade-talk-deals-and-rumors/

Offline UMDNats

Padres keeping Hand. Morons. :lmao:

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Indians got Joe Smith

Offline Truconfidence

Club option in 2018. $500K buy out but guaranteed $12MM if he gets to 180 innings this season. Currently at 134.1.
46 innings with 12+ starts left. yeah i think he is ok.

Offline UMDNats

Yankees added 2 starters and relievers lol plus a 3b they didn't stop after they added their 2 relievers --- they also kept their top 4 or 5 prospects

Again, geez, I keep saying this, but: The Yankees have a way, way deeper farm system than we do and have way, way more assets to trade. This is what happens when you deal prospects year after year after year. Eventually you're thin.

Offline whytev

Kinzler doesn't miss bats.  Lots of groundouts (which should be fine with our infield defense once Trea gets back, most times) and flyouts (which might give us all heart attacks or worse, depending on where they go and how fast). Personally I'd pass on this. We already have plenty of this.

I don't think Difo is significantly worse than Trea.

Offline Truconfidence

Cingrini traded but no word what team yet but cleaned out his locker according to reporters. Might be us

Offline Monarch

CIN traded Tony Cingrani to someone. Not sure if its us or not.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Again, geez, I keep saying this, but: The Yankees have a way, way deeper farm system than we do and have way, way more assets to trade. This is what happens when you deal prospects year after year after year. Eventually you're thin.
They're also in a competitive division race so they're playing for not having the potential one and done scenario.

Offline Monarch

to the dodgers

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Tony Cingrani to Dodgers.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Deadline has come and gone.

Offline Truconfidence

Nope Cingrini to the Dodgers

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!

Oh God, no....

Offline Monarch

I guess we're done. Thought we'd come away with something today.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
to the dodgers
Tony Cingrani to Dodgers.

We're watchin' the same TV Network.    :)

Offline OvechkinsWodka

• chicks dig curly W's
Fun deadline