Author Topic: Nationals @ Cardinals, Game 2  (Read 4046 times)

Offline SkinsNatFan21RIP

Re: Nationals @ Cardinals, Game 2
« Reply #100: July 01, 2017, 10:18:42 PM »
A couple weeks ago when I said watch out for Atlanta, this big (11.5 at the time) is in jeopardy. I was ridiculed by some, well it's been shaved to 7.5 in just a couple weeks. This thing is far from in the bag, we are in for a dogfight as long as this roster is not improved.

No we aren't. Atlanta isn't good and that will catch up to them.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #101: July 01, 2017, 10:18:49 PM »
That was a quality at bat. Genuinely good. Taylor take note.

In a way I care less about the 'L' as we were so bad with the bat tonight but am sorry to see Sanchez get bent over by the ump there. Did not deserve it at all. If he fell for that BS from Molina? Crazy incompetence.

I hate that umpires are not made accountable for their incompetence.

Offline RiotAct

« Reply #102: July 01, 2017, 10:18:59 PM »
A couple weeks ago when I said watch out for Atlanta, this big (11.5 at the time) is in jeopardy. I was ridiculed by some, well it's been shaved to 7.5 in just a couple weeks. This thing is far from in the bag, we are in for a dogfight as long as this roster is not improved.

Nah, we'll win the division easily.  Then get steamrolled in the NLDS

EDIT: probably by the Cubs  :?

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #103: July 01, 2017, 10:19:37 PM »

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard. You might hurt yourself.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #104: July 01, 2017, 10:21:08 PM »
For what it's worth, Matt Bowman is from St. Albans so he's a local boy.

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #105: July 01, 2017, 10:21:29 PM »

Here's a handy guide:

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats

Offline awbb

« Reply #107: July 01, 2017, 10:23:09 PM »
What is pitch framing anyway? The ability of the catcher to fool the umpire? Why is that celebrated? The umps should be ridiculed for it.

Yes. Yes they should, but the ability to fool an umpire helps win ball games and that is more important than any notion of fair play. As a result it is valued highly, the ethics of the thing is incidental.

There was no framing here though. Just Molina celebrating was enough to fool that blue electric donkey bottom biter masquerading as an umpire.

Offline baldkid

« Reply #108: July 01, 2017, 10:24:51 PM »

Just stating some facts for those that seem to think this thing is locked up, it certainly is not. Atlanta looks all the part of a team that is not rolling over, the Nats better make a move or two or this thing could get away from them. Until improvements to the bullpen are made, closing out tight games will be a tightrope walk. Are the Nats the best team in the division so far? Yes...... Are they the best team in the last 20 games? Nope

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #109: July 01, 2017, 10:27:22 PM »
At least Carp will be happy.

Offline KV

• Believe!
« Reply #110: July 01, 2017, 10:28:11 PM »
Sanchez did a nice job in a tough situation for his 1st MLB at-bat. Too bad he got hosed by the ump.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #111: July 01, 2017, 10:29:13 PM »
Yes. Yes they should, but the ability to fool an umpire helps win ball games and that is more important than any notion of fair play. As a result it is valued highly, the ethics of the thing is incidental.

There was no framing here though. Just Molina celebrating was enough to fool that blue electric donkey bottom biter masquerading as an umpire.

It was a rhetorical question but the whole thing is a sham. The dimwits behind the plate will be replaced by technology soon enough.

Offline awbb

« Reply #112: July 01, 2017, 10:30:00 PM »

I hate that umpires are not made accountable for their incompetence.

They should be. Stupid that they are not.

Cricket umpires are regularly hauled up for bad decisions and sometimes demoted. There are no shortage of replacements even though they're no better than what went before.

If Manfred gives the remotest damn he should care about crap like that.

World Series decided on a call like that? It's probably happened. But what a way to make a laughingstock of the game.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #113: July 01, 2017, 10:30:03 PM »
Just stating some facts for those that seem to think this thing is locked up, it certainly is not. Atlanta looks all the part of a team that is not rolling over, the Nats better make a move or two or this thing could get away from them. Until improvements to the bullpen are made, closing out tight games will be a tightrope walk. Are the Nats the best team in the division so far? Yes...... Are they the best team in the last 20 games? Nope

Any one who thinks a division is locked up by July 1 apparently has been following baseball for about two weeks.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #114: July 01, 2017, 10:31:32 PM »
But what a way to make a laughingstock of the game.

This is what rankles me. Can you imagine if NFL umpires routinely called field goals wrong?

Offline awbb

« Reply #115: July 01, 2017, 10:34:30 PM »
It was a rhetorical question but the whole thing is a sham.

Of course it was. I just needed to vent some more!

The dimwits behind the plate will be replaced by technology soon enough.

Is that a 'thing' or just what you assume will happen at some point? If the teams agree on Pitch Track (or some other IP) presumably it could happen tomorrow?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #116: July 01, 2017, 10:37:53 PM »

World Series decided on a call like that? It's probably happened. But what a way to make a laughingstock of the game.

Livan got a pretty wide zone with the Marlins in their Series win.

Offline RiotAct

« Reply #117: July 01, 2017, 10:47:29 PM »
Sanchez did a nice job in a tough situation for his 1st MLB at-bat. Too bad he got hosed by the ump.
Absolutely. That was a good AB.

Offline baldkid

« Reply #118: July 02, 2017, 12:33:36 AM »
Even the Cardinals fans know they caught a break. I will be at the game tomorrow night, looking forward to seeing the Nats in person, I live between St Louis and KC

Offline sayhey

« Reply #120: July 02, 2017, 10:12:05 AM »
Umps are still making up to the Cardinals for that Don Denkinger call.