Author Topic: Anybody experiencing this issue when posting?  (Read 7064 times)

Offline dcpatti

Somebody tell me an easy way to post pictures I've saved off to a hosting service.  Using the "share" button generally produces a link that does not display in WNFF.  I know it's got to be a .jpg file reference but it never seems easy.

Using the link you generate with the share button, copy it to Notepad, Notes app, whatever text editor you like (or even into a blank email if you don't have anything else.
Insert this text string in front of the link:  (img)  EXCEPT you want to change the ( ) to the square brackets
Insert this text string at the end of the link: (/img)  EXCEPT you want to change the ( ) to the square brackets as well

OR

copy the link to your image and paste it into your post, then highlight the link and click the little Mona Lisa button above the smileys bar and it will do it for you.

Personally I find the second method to be a pain in the ass on my ipad because it's hard to highlight just the link and not a bunch of extra random text, so I usually do it the first way.
Also the image doesn't always preview properly so if you did those steps and it previews blank, it might actually work properly once you post it. But I find this to be more of an issue with gifs than still images.