Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1 POSTPONED  (Read 635 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1 POSTPONED
« Topic Start: May 12, 2017, 05:43:07 PM »
The Phillies-Nationals 7:05 pm game on Friday May 12 has been postponed. The game has been rescheduled as part of a day-night doubleheader for Sunday, May 14.

The first game is scheduled for 1:35 p.m., and the second one will start at 7:05 p.m.

Meanwhile, Friday May 12, 2017 is

Observed annually on May 12, National Limerick Day celebrates the birthday of English artist, illustrator, author and poet Edward Lear (May 12, 1812 – Jan. 29, 1888). Lear is known mostly for his literary nonsense in poetry, prose and limericks. National Limerick Day also celebrates the limerick poem.  Limerick poems were popularized by Edward Lear’s book “Book of Nonsense” in 1846.

LIMERICK RULES
A limerick is a very short, humorous, nonsense poem. Within a limerick, there are five lines.  The first two lines rhyme with the fifth line and the third and fourth lines rhyme together.

Rain Limerick
By Madeleine Begun Kane

The weatherman forecast clear skies.
But I wasn’t surprised by the cries
And the shrieks and the bawling
When rain started falling;
I’ve weathered the weather guys’ lies.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1 POSTPONED
« Reply #1: May 12, 2017, 05:45:57 PM »
The Phillies-Nationals 7:05 pm game on Friday May 12 has been postponed. The game has been rescheduled as part of a day-night doubleheader for Sunday, May 14.

The first game is scheduled for 1:35 p.m., and the second one will start at 7:05 p.m.

Meanwhile, Friday May 12, 2017 is
(Image removed from quote.)
Observed annually on May 12, National Limerick Day celebrates the birthday of English artist, illustrator, author and poet Edward Lear (May 12, 1812 – Jan. 29, 1888). Lear is known mostly for his literary nonsense in poetry, prose and limericks. National Limerick Day also celebrates the limerick poem.  Limerick poems were popularized by Edward Lear’s book “Book of Nonsense” in 1846.

LIMERICK RULES
A limerick is a very short, humorous, nonsense poem. Within a limerick, there are five lines.  The first two lines rhyme with the fifth line and the third and fourth lines rhyme together.

Rain Limerick
By Madeleine Begun Kane

The weatherman forecast clear skies.
But I wasn’t surprised by the cries
And the shrieks and the bawling
When rain started falling;
I’ve weathered the weather guys’ lies.

(Image removed from quote.)

There was a young man from Purdue
Who thought his betrothal was over due.
He said, "It doesn't matter. 
We'll wed when you're fatter.