Author Topic: VERIZON DSL SUCKS  (Read 3848 times)

nospinzone1

Re: VERIZON DSL SUCKS
« Reply #25: May 17, 2007, 08:46:20 PM »
Wow!  I bet your paths crossed many times.  Are you several streets back behind the old Ames?  As you know, Colie is the street smack behind it.  Their home was about 2 or 3 houses down the hill past the entrance on Colie to the Ames lot.

But if you want to leave it to nice people, we'll all claim you.   :icon_mrgreen:

nope, I live in the royalty area of Rockville. Around Rockville Pike and Rollins
Ave. , where there is a large concentration of us Heblew Princes.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #26: May 17, 2007, 09:41:25 PM »
OHH OK!  I know exactly where you're talking about!  They were at Randolph and Veirs Mill.  Small world!  Dan used to work at Rodman's when he was in high school.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #27: May 18, 2007, 03:28:07 PM »
I think the main cost for the tv part will be around $43.  That's cheaper than my directv for one tv and I don't have all the movie channels either, just Total Choice Plus.  I don't think it will work exactly like DSL as it will be fiberoptic and through the phone line I think.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  BUT, we are having them come speak at our community assoc. mtg. next Thurs. night.  So, I can fill you in next week.

Let us know further particulars after your meeting...thanks!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #28: May 18, 2007, 03:31:20 PM »
will do.  :)

Offline saltydad

« Reply #29: May 18, 2007, 06:26:11 PM »
My DISH is about $60/mo. for the 200 channel package. 2 TVs are on a DVR, and 2 more on a regular satellite receiver (plus one more on a roof antennae). No premium channels. I love the picture and sound, amazingly clear! Already have my cell and land line service with Verizon, and of course the DSL.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #30: May 18, 2007, 07:06:56 PM »
You totally need FIOS.  I think you can hook up like 3-4 tvs to it for the base cost.  But I could be wrong. 

Man, you have a ton of tvs in that house!   :lol:

Offline saltydad

« Reply #31: May 18, 2007, 10:33:52 PM »
You totally need FIOS.  I think you can hook up like 3-4 tvs to it for the base cost.  But I could be wrong. 

Man, you have a ton of tvs in that house!   :lol:

My 87 year old Mom lives with me. We each have a TV in the bedrooms, one in the kitchen, 1 in the family room as a home theater, and 1 in the basement rec room (where the computer is- no DISH on this one).
Back when I was married and my son was young, we only had one, but you kind of spread out as you get older ( as my belly can attest). :lol: