Author Topic: Following the Minor League Teams  (Read 23700 times)

Offline Glockypoo

Re: Following the Minor League Teams (2017)
« Reply #25: June 26, 2017, 04:08:30 PM »
GCL roster is out: http://www.milb.com/roster/index.jsp?cid=466

Notable names:
Jesus Luzardo (2016 3rd rounder recovering from TJ) - 19 y/o
Luis Garcia (International 2016 signing for $1.3 mill) - 17 y/o
Jesus (Jose) Sanchez ((International 2016 signing for $900k) - 16 y/o

No sign of bonus baby Yasel Antuna yet, who got $3.9 million last year.

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #26: July 17, 2017, 08:07:48 AM »
I dedicate this to John Lannon 

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #27: July 23, 2017, 04:50:55 PM »
The GCL Nationals have combined for a no-hit double header (two 7-inning games) against the GCL Marlins. Baez (6 innings ), Chu (4 innings), Jimenez (1 inning), Johnson (3 innings).

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #28: July 24, 2017, 08:53:17 PM »
The GCL Nationals have combined for a no-hit double header (two 7-inning games) against the GCL Marlins. Baez (6 innings ), Chu (4 innings), Jimenez (1 inning), Johnson (3 innings).

14 consecutive no-hit innings is impressive.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #29: September 01, 2017, 12:22:58 AM »
Taylor Gushue and some guy named Robles named to the Carolina League All Star team.

Offline imref

« Reply #30: October 23, 2017, 10:45:15 PM »
Randy Knorr to manage the chiefs in 2018. 

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #31: January 03, 2018, 06:56:20 AM »
From Ghost at Talk Nats.
Our sources have told us that most of the changes will come within the pitching coaches ranks. Most notably Sam Narron will take over as the pitching coach at High-A Potomac; Tim Redding will take over as the pitching coach at Low-A Hagerstown; and Franklin Bravo will be the pitching coach at Short Season-A Auburn.

http://www.talknats.com/2018/01/03/breaking-nats-make-several-changes-minor-league-coaches/#disqus_thread

Offline imref

Re: Following the Minor League Teams
« Reply #32: January 04, 2018, 06:00:51 PM »
P-nats 2018 promotional schedule now out:

https://www.milb.com/p-nats/news/promoschedule18/c-263899576

On tap for 2018 is a star-studded lineup of six celebrity autograph/meet-and-greet appearance dates, additional premium giveaway items, and comprehensive motion picture anniversaries to honor the openings of Bull Durham (1988), The Sandlot (1993), Grease (1978), Jurassic Park (1993), Coneheads (1993), and Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983) plus Kentucky Derby Day, Stranger Things Night, Art in the Park Night, Cosmo Kramer Appreciation Night, four Scout Nights, the biggest and best Fourth of July Extravaganza in Northern Virginia, and many more first-class promotional concepts only found at The Pfitz.

Robert Wuhl will be there on 6/23, Jerry Lawler and his son on 8/24!

bobbleheads:

Saturday, 5/5: Stephen Strasburg Kentucky Derby Day Jockey Bobblehead

Saturday, 5/26: Trea Turner Road Runner Bobblehead

Saturday, 6/23: Victor Robles "Rob Job" Bobblehead

Saturday, 7/7: Uncle Slam Paint-Your-Own Bobblehead

Saturday, 7/14: Michael A. Tater (Taylor) Statue

Saturday, 7/28: Bryce Harper "Real Slicked Back Hair" Bobblehead

Saturday, 8/4: Squints (Chauncey Leopardi) Bobblehead

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #33: January 04, 2018, 06:26:30 PM »
The PNats mini plans are awesome if you are someone who goes mostly for the bobbleheads (because let’s face it, the Pfitz is a dump and even if you love minor league baseball, it’s really hard to spend a lot of time at the Pfitz). The 9- and 16-Game plans get the early admission cards and as long as you’re in the SPH line 15 minutes before the main gate opens, you’re guaranteed to get the bobblehead. There were people lined up 6 hours early for the Stras flamethrower last year, no thank you, I’ll just buy the mini plan and if I miss a game or two, well, that’s still better than trying to get down there early enough to get the giveaway from the regular line.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #34: February 06, 2018, 04:03:21 PM »
Nats and Senators announce a 2-year extension of their PDC agreements. I love that ballpark. I would personally be happy if the Nats just bought the Senators straight up.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #35: February 06, 2018, 04:22:18 PM »
Nats and Senators announce a 2-year extension of their PDC agreements. I love that ballpark. I would personally be happy if the Nats just bought the Senators straight up.

Is the Senator's dugout on the 3rd base side there, Patti?

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #36: February 06, 2018, 04:46:05 PM »
Is the Senator's dugout on the 3rd base side there, Patti?

I believe it’s on the 1B side actually, but I could definitely be mixed up! We usually sit along the outfield wall on these awesome barstool style seats so I might be remembering it wrong.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #37: February 06, 2018, 05:51:54 PM »
I believe it’s on the 1B side actually, but I could definitely be mixed up! We usually sit along the outfield wall on these awesome barstool style seats so I might be remembering it wrong.

Certainly a nice looking park and location to boot...

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #38: February 21, 2018, 06:01:28 PM »
The Potomac Nationals are thrilled to announce an addition to the recently released 2018 Legends Autograph Series. On Friday, June 15th, former MLB star Jose Canseco will appear at Pfitzner Stadium for a meet and greet as well as an autograph signing for P-Nats fans!

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #39: February 21, 2018, 06:03:14 PM »
:lmao: 

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #40: March 22, 2018, 07:22:02 PM »
The Nats have the worst minor league facilities in MLB, 30th out of 30 teams, and the only reason we are ranked that high is because of our new spring training ballpark. Expect the Nats to drop in the rankings next year as our top ranked minor league facility (Syracuse) is kicking us out.

https://ballparkdigest.com/2018/03/22/who-has-the-best-player-development-facilities-we-rank-from-bottom-to-top-part-1/

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #41: March 23, 2018, 09:01:39 AM »
Interesting that Auburn is ranked that low.  We know the Hagerstown and Potomac problems, but Auburn is news to me.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #42: March 23, 2018, 09:09:15 PM »
Interesting that Auburn is ranked that low.  We know the Hagerstown and Potomac problems, but Auburn is news to me.

It's a bit of a mystery to me, and I've been there.  It's definitely not the same level of bad relative to its league that the Pfitz is.

Offline imref

Offline imref

« Reply #44: August 02, 2018, 06:18:31 PM »
Jonathan Pryor, playing at Auburn, has received a 76-game suspension for using a performance enhancing drug per Jorge Castillo

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/nationals/nationals-draft-pick-handed-76-game-suspension-drug-use

19th round selection on 2017

Offline imref

« Reply #45: August 14, 2018, 04:16:53 PM »
Byron Kerr
@masnKerr
RHP Jackson Tetreault and RHP Brigham Hill promoted from Hagerstown to High-A Potomac #Nats

Offline zoom

« Reply #46: September 02, 2018, 11:38:14 PM »
per Sullivan: Thinking about some under-the-radar Nats prospects

http://www.masnsports.com/nationals-buzz/2018/08/ryan-sullivan-thinking-about-some-under-the-radar-nats-prospects.html

Earlier this week, I was driving by a Bob Evans restaurant and noticed in the window a large sticker with the words “Down on the Farm.” Not only did this display get me hungry and wishing I was wearing my fat pants, it got me thinking about the Nationals farm system and some under-the-radar prospects in the organization.

In this space, I have discussed young players like Juan Soto, Carter Kieboom and Luis Garcia this season, among others. But in the spirit of looking ahead toward next year, who will be the burgeoning prospects we will be discussing next summer? These are three names that have performed well for Washington’s minor league system in 2018 and could have breakout seasons next year.

Jackson Tetreault was Washington’s seventh-round pick in the 2017 First-Year Player Draft and started his first full professional season at low Single-A Hagerstown before his performance forced a late-season promotion. Tetreault threw 110 innings for Hagerstown, with a 4.01 ERA and 118 strikeouts against only 34 walks. He currently throws four pitches, headlined by his heavy sinking 90-94 mph fastball and a hard breaking cutter. Unfortunately his changeup and curveball are extremely inconsistent and lag behind the fastball and cutter. Tetreault is a terrific athlete and has the frame at 6-foot-5 and 170 lbs. to add weight as he ages. If he can improve his curveball and changeup, the 22-year-old Tetreault projects as a strong No. 4 or 5 starting pitcher in the big leagues.

Plucked just a round earlier, Kyle Johnston was Washington’s 2017 sixth-round selection after an impressive career at the University of Texas. The 22-year-old began 2018 with Hagerstown, pitching both in relief and as a starter, giving the Suns 55 1/3 innings with 3.42 ERA and 59 strikeouts before a July promotion to high Single-A Potomac. Johnston possesses a three-pitch repertoire, featuring a 91-95 mph fastball with natural cutting movement, along with a slider with excellent break and a quality changeup. He has the build to be a starter at 6-foot-0 and 190 lbs., but a wonky delivery and below-average command could shift him to the bullpen. If Washington made him a permanent reliever, he could skyrocket through the system and perhaps see time with the Nationals late next year.

Finally, a bit lower in the minors, short-season Single-A Auburn catcher Israel Pineda is making quite a name for himself, hitting .273/.341/.388 with four home runs and 24 RBIs, along with being named a New York-Penn League All-Star. The 18-year-old Pineda signed with Washington two years ago for a reported $450,000 bonus as an international free agent. A right-handed hitter, he displays a natural feel for making solid contact and scouts expect the 5-foot-11, 190-lb. Pineda to hit for more power as he grows into his body. He has the physical tools to stay behind the plate long-term and Washington has done a nice job developing catchers in recent years. The hype is already building around Pineda and he could emerge as a top-five prospect in the system this time next year.

Offline imref

« Reply #47: September 04, 2018, 08:24:06 AM »
Nats announce 2 year deals with Potomac and Harrisburg.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #49: September 07, 2018, 12:48:14 PM »
http://www.insidenova.com/sports/prince_william/pitching-staff-shuts-down-lynchburg-as-potomac-evens-series-at/article_5d1e371c-b28a-11e8-a17b-b7f72c30de9a.html

Last night's starter, Matthew Crownover, was the same dude who pitched the no-hitter about 2 weeks ago.  His ball/strike ratio isn't pretty but he seems to have been very effective in his last 8 outings or so.  Maybe next year he will break out. He's getting to that age where he's either going to have to break out or be left behind.  Reliever Ben Braymer is heading to the AFL and I would expect him to start in HBurg next season, and wouldn't be surprised to see him in DC at the end of next season.  I think he's got a lot of potential, possibly even as a legit longman and spot starter.