Author Topic: Where is Ryan Zimmerman helping/hurting us more? (2017)  (Read 34782 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Agreed. If he can OPS .775 or more the rest of the season, I can live with that.
Amen. I thought the way some on we're panicking that his average was down to like .250. Hit a couple of balls well last night. More concerned about Harper.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Amen. I thought the way some on we're panicking that his average was down to like .250. Hit a couple of balls well last night. More concerned about Harper.
Frankly, I think both are trying to play through injury/inflammation.

Offline monkeyhit

Both have Maddonitis.

Offline UMDNats

The All-Star break will be good for both of them, even if they have to play in the game.

Offline expos1994

Lind should get the start tonight. Lefties batting .273 vs Lackey with 11 HRs

Offline dlayman

Lind should get the start tonight. Lefties batting .273 vs Lackey with 11 HRs

nope, its Zimm.  I  also think Lind might have been a  good choice.

Offline Optics

Zimm was due a bit of regression after that insanely hot start. I still think he'll finish the season hitting well ahead of .300 with good power and RBI #s.

Offline Ray D

He may end up under .300 but I'll bet he'll be above .280 which is good enough for me, because his OBP+ will approach .400. 

(What's "OBP+"?   OBP counting getting on base on errors.  Far as I'm concerned, for a guy with his speed, that's more meaningful than plain OBP.)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
What's the over /under on the reduction of text messages sent while driving as a result of his Hands Down Home Run campaign?. 5? I'll take the under.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Maybe but it's not a bad idea to at least try.

Offline aspenbubba

Didn't want to start a new thread but after watching Zim GIDP again I was wondering if he leads the league. Nope! Kemp, Franco, Puig all with 15. Is he in second? Nope . Joseph is with 14 . Well , he must be in third place and I found this most surprising but our own Murph and Arenado are with 12. Zim is tied with a bunch of others at 11 GIDP .

Offline NatsAllThe Way

Didn't want to start a new thread but after watching Zim GIDP again I was wondering if he leads the league. Nope! Kemp, Franco, Puig all with 15. Is he in second? Nope . Joseph is with 14 . Well , he must be in third place and I found this most surprising but our own Murph and Arenado are with 12. Zim is tied with a bunch of others at 11 GIDP .

He'll be at 15 or more by the weekend.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Mindfact:    Seems Zim's occur when we're down one and need to "get back in the game"  ....  often with a runner on third as well.    Different than GIDP when you're up 5 in the 9th.

Of course, with our bullpen a GIDP anytime can be the death knell.    :)

Offline Ray D

Problem is, he's had a lot lately and I'm worried he's reverting to form.  Seems he's lost his new "launch angle".

Offline aspenbubba

Zim has not hit a HR since June 13th

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Zim has not hit a HR since June 13th

.244/.287/.349 since then

I'm telling you, he's hurt. They need to bench him until half way through August, then bring him back, get him ramped up, and let him mash like he did last year in the playoffs.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
:lmao:

The lab must've called for parking passes and stadium access credentials. They stop testing at some point late in the season so just hang in there. He'll be back.

Offline awbb

:lmao:

The lab must've called for parking passes and stadium access credentials. They stop testing at some point late in the season so just hang in there. He'll be back.

In the meantime, lets have him batting 6... or lower. If nothing else it might quieten Bob and FP's enthusiasm for how well he's hitting, when he hasn't been for a while.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
.244/.287/.349 since then

I'm telling you, he's hurt. They need to bench him until half way through August, then bring him back, get him ramped up, and let him mash like he did last year in the playoffs.
Zim has always been a streaky hitter.  When he's hot, he's the best player in baseball but when he's cold it can be ugly.  I don't know that him being in a cold streak is indicative of an injury so much as it is indicative of his career norm when he's healthy.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
235 HOME RUNS - MOST IN WASHINGTON NATIONALS / MONTREAL EXPOS HISTORY

Offline HalfSmokes

that's more sad than anything

Offline DPMOmaha

that's more sad than anything
There's actually a fair number of teams in that range.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
There's actually a fair number of teams in that range.

Only 4 teams have a career leader with less.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

I could google it but who are they?     What team has a similar leader in HRs with similar franchise longevity?

Offline DPMOmaha

Yep. And 3 more teams with topping out at under 300. If Dawson, Galaraga, Carter or Guerrero had stuck with Montreal their whole careers it would have looked a lot different. But considering how so many here want to include numbers for DC only, 235 really isn't a bad number.