Author Topic: So who are your early favorites to break camp on the 25-man?  (Read 3512 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
They do claim a lot of our players, don't they.

Miami should claim him...

Offline Ray D

I'd assume he clears and then heads to Syracuse.

I don't assume that. If we had not acquired Lind, Robinson would have a roster spot.  It isn't unlikely that some other team can use him.

Offline dshawg77

Is there any chance we eat the money on Perez?

Keep Gutherie.

Doubt this happens but just a thought.

Just give Gutherie a sweet opt-out deal for the minors.

Dilfo or Taylor?

Offline dshawg77

Per Mark Z: Ross to DL, Guthrie, Glover and Perez all make the team.

Offline Mattionals

Per Mark Z: Ross to DL, Guthrie, Glover and Perez all make the team.

I'm not seeing that.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Read in the paper today he's goin' home for a few days to think things over.

Robinson will head home to Arkansas while he figures out his future. He did not rule out accepting an assignment to Syracuse, though he probably would not play every day there, with Nationals prospects Neftali Soto and Matt Skole likely vying for first base time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/nationals-journal/wp/2017/03/28/its-tough-clint-robinson-bids-farewell-as-nationals-place-him-on-waivers/?utm_term=.fdfb9fa5d2ae
I would not call either Soto or Skole prospects. Soto is 28; Skole is 27.

Offline Truconfidence

Congrats to Wilmer Difo for making the team

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Congrats to Wilmer Difo for making the team

So Rendon to the DL?

Offline Mattionals

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Joe Ross optioned to Syracuse.

Offline mitlen

When does the 25 get set in stone for Opening Day?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline mitlen

Nats announce 25-man.  Guthrie is out but Taylor and difo make it

http://www.masnsports.com/nationals-pastime/2017/04/opening-day-roster-includes-difo-and-taylor-no-ross-or-guthrie.html

Any surprises for yunz who study these things?    I'm glad Rendon didn't get shuffled somewhere.   

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
With Rendon having an owie, it kind of makes sense to keep around an extra infielder.  That way, they have 2 lefty pinch hitters in Drew and Lind and don't have to hold back on using Drew early.  To me, I'm a bit surprised at MAT, but he had a nice spring.  Part of me wonders if Guthrie will take over Perez's slot when push comes to shove.

Offline _sturt_

• "Le Grande Orange"...Colt 45/Astro/Expo(Nat) Great
Excited to see Romero make the team, and now, to see if he can turn the corner in his career.

Offline aspenbubba

With Rendon having an owie, it kind of makes sense to keep around an extra infielder.  That way, they have 2 lefty pinch hitters in Drew and Lind and don't have to hold back on using Drew early.  To me, I'm a bit surprised at MAT, but he had a nice spring.  Part of me wonders if Guthrie will take over Perez's slot when push comes to shove.
I haven't seen anything about MAT's hitting since he took off a week due to his fathers death but I don't think he had any hits since. If you look at my prediction thread post I also see Guthrie taking Perez's place.

Offline Truconfidence

BJ upton just became available. I would not mind having him as the give Werth some time off and play some Center guy if he is willing to be a bench player.