Author Topic: So who are your early favorites to break camp on the 25-man?  (Read 3514 times)

Offline _sturt_

• "Le Grande Orange"...Colt 45/Astro/Expo(Nat) Great

My startling surprise: Lobaton dealt at the end of camp for a single A pitcher.

My bigger startling surprise: Zimmerman, the same.

Offline Ray D

My startling surprise: Lobaton dealt at the end of camp for a single A pitcher.

My bigger startling surprise: Zimmerman, the same.

Zimmerman "dealt"?   as in traded?  He's going to waive his no-trade clause?  Some team is going to pick up his salary?

Offline _sturt_

You sound startled and surprised.  :P

Offline HalfSmokes

Zimmerman "dealt"?   as in traded?  He's going to waive his no-trade clause?  Some team is going to pick up his salary?

Is vinny in baseball now?

Offline Ray D

You sound startled and surprised.  :P
No, hopeful.

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

Even if we found a team Zim would waive his no-trade for, we'd have to basically eat more than half his remaining salary and wouldn't get ANY prospects back in return.  What good does that do?  Zim is going to ride out this contract and we'll just have to hope to milk as much production out of him as possible.

C Wieters
1B Zimmerman
2B Murphy
3B Rendon
SS Turner
LF Werth
CF Eaton
RF Harper

Bench: Lobaton, Lind, Drew, Heisey, Taylor (although I'd prefer Goodwin and Taylor playing everyday in AAA)

SP Scherzer
SP Strasburg
SP Roark
SP Gonzalez
SP Ross

Long Worley
RH Glover
RH Blanton
LH Perez
LH Solis
Set up Kelley
Closer Treinen

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Zim isn't getting traded, he's either going to have a decent season or be relegated to the bench and retire.  Adam Lind is much more of a threat to his job security than Clint Robinson.

Offline DPMOmaha

I think there's more in the Zim. I don't think we've seen the last of him being a productive player.

Offline imref

I think there's more in the Zim. I don't think we've seen the last of him being a productive player.

I hope so, I need to get a few more years out of my jersey. :)

Offline _sturt_

Going to rescind my Zim statement after all.

I know this is common knowledge with many of you, but I just read for the first time about his mom and about his charity.

You're right, he's going nowhere.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

I know this is common knowledge with many of you, but I just read for the first time about his mom and about his charity.

(Image removed from quote.)

Plus he's a part-owner of a new restaurant opening across the street from Nats Park: http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/food/article/20851450/the-nats-ryan-zimmerman-gets-into-the-restaurant-game

Offline imref

For those of us who have been following this club since the inaugural season, Ryan Zimmerman "is" the Washington Nationals, and still is the #FOTF, through all the ups and downs.  Which reminds me, it's time to update the Zimm thread for 2017

Offline imref

Interesting to note: Our opening day lineup could include 7 first round picks:

https://www.outsidepitchmlb.com/nationals-first-round-picks/65212

Zimmerman, Harper, Rendon, Werth, Weiters, Turner, and Scherzer (or Strasburg)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Plus he's a part-owner of a new restaurant opening across the street from Nats Park: http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/food/article/20851450/the-nats-ryan-zimmerman-gets-into-the-restaurant-game

"...Zimmerman says he's at least three, four, or five years out from retiring from baseball..."

:hang:

Offline Ray D

What's all this talk about the presidential erection anyway?

Offline DPMOmaha

"...Zimmerman says he's at least three, four, or five years out from retiring from baseball..."

Good work, if you can get it.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

:hang:

Yikes :shock: he is either delusional or bonkers :crazy:

Offline DPMOmaha

Prove 'em wrong, Zim!

Offline Truconfidence

I beginning to think Vance Worley might not make this team. Also I think Nathan gets the Belisle role and Gott goes to AAA.

Offline Mattionals

I beginning to think Vance Worley might not make this team. Also I think Nathan gets the Belisle role and Gott goes to AAA.

If Ollie has a bad spring, I wouldn't expect to see him make the team if Romero continues to do well. Romero doesn't have any options left.

Then the last spot is up for grabs to whomever wins out of Worley, Nathan, Gott, or Jimmy Cordero. Glover will make the team.

Offline imref

Norris is hitting .444 so far this spring, Difo is at .368.  Both are making a good case to make the 25 man.  Brandon Snyder is having a good spring as well but he's likely heading to AAA.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession

What's all this talk about the presidential erection anyway?
that would bring us back to our discussions of a former starting pitcher from Taiwan.

Offline tzinc

Zimmerman will never be traded and he will never retire for the same reason... he makes too much money

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Yikes :shock: he is either delusional or bonkers :crazy:

Well, he does have a contract covering 3 more seasons with a team option for a fourth, so on the low end he seems to be pretty solid.  They have to at least pay him for that long.

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

If Ollie has a bad spring, I wouldn't expect to see him make the team if Romero continues to do well. Romero doesn't have any options left.

Then the last spot is up for grabs to whomever wins out of Worley, Nathan, Gott, or Jimmy Cordero. Glover will make the team.

Yep, Dusty has already said Glover makes the team.  I expect him to get low-leverage spots to start then work his way up to being a closer.  I think he'll thrive and we'll be glad we didn't break the bank on a "proven" closer.