Author Topic: Report: Wieters Nearing Deal with Nats  (Read 16841 times)

Offline Mattionals

Re: Report: Wieters Nearing Deal with Nats
« Reply #75: February 21, 2017, 02:00:27 PM »
I don't understand the Fangraphs article. The Nats signed flier deals to guys like Worley, Guthrie, Nathan, and all the other NRIs to fill their depth issue. It's not like the Nats are going to sign someone who can literally start as a number 5 on most teams to sit in AAA.

Then the bullpen thing is that the Nats lack a closer, so they tried to do that and ended up losing every time. Joe Blanton is no better than Kelley, Treinen or Solis, and maybe not any better than Gott or Glover. He is probably better than Perez and doesn't have the upside (no matter the longshot) of Romero or Cordero.

Angel Pagan can't stay healthy and I don't worry about having a backup plan of Goodwin and Taylor stashed in AAA.

Likely, I take Norris, Lobaton, Lind, Heisey, and Drew as the bench. Zimmerman and Werth need the most days off, so it goes to say that Having Lind and Norris who can handle 1B and Lind can be stuck in LF as a last resort makes sense. If anyone hits the 10 day DL, then Taylor, Goodwin, or Difo can be called up.