Author Topic: Spring Training Broadcast Schedule (2017)  (Read 6658 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: Spring Training Broadcast Schedule
« Reply #1: January 30, 2017, 07:08:06 PM »
ST broadcast schedules are starting to trickle out. Typically, these are all available on MLB.TV if MASN or the Nats Radio Network aren't carrying the games.

So far, the Twins and Tigers are the only teams the Nats will face that have announced anything. I'll do my best to keep the OP updated as more get released.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #2: February 10, 2017, 07:26:48 PM »
Updated with Nats, Astros and Twins broadcast info getting released. Formatting's goofy on that, haven't figured out why it's doing that on some of the rows.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #3: February 13, 2017, 03:18:04 PM »
I think the only teams we're waiting for broadcast info from are the Braves and Marlins.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #4: February 16, 2017, 02:09:40 PM »
Marlins Broadcasts, only a couple on radio, added. Just waiting on the Braves, now.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #5: February 16, 2017, 03:10:40 PM »
Went into my MLB app today and went to the Nationals. Almost all the games are listed as being on MLB Tv.  MASN or the other team broadcasts. Psyched.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #6: February 24, 2017, 12:23:55 PM »
Braves don't seem to be televising any games. Or at least they haven't published anything about it yet.

MLBN games have been added, most of them are on delay.

Offline machpost

« Reply #7: February 24, 2017, 05:17:17 PM »
FYI, that March 5th game against the Twins appears to have been taken off their TV schedule.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #8: February 24, 2017, 10:29:34 PM »
It looks like a Nats-Mets replay on MLB at 7pm tomorrow (Sat)

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #9: March 04, 2017, 02:37:11 PM »
Pitching dominating today. Even Gio looked good.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #10: March 04, 2017, 02:50:01 PM »

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #11: March 04, 2017, 04:41:23 PM »
It's early...
Maybe he found a good doctor.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #12: March 06, 2017, 09:19:32 AM »
Maybe he found a good doctor.

Don't know about that but I hear his Dad is losing weight again...  :stir:

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #13: March 06, 2017, 09:39:32 AM »
Don't know about that but I hear his Dad is losing weight again...  :stir:
Coincidence?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #14: March 06, 2017, 11:16:30 AM »
Finally caught the first spring training broadcast on FM-106.7 - good to hear Charlie and Dave again. Probably not too many more on that station though since they seem to be going all-in on covering the NCAA basketball tournament. Oh well, regular season is less than a month away.

(Next 106.7 broadcast will be this coming Saturday afternoon.)

Offline dracnal

« Reply #15: March 06, 2017, 12:10:43 PM »
Coincidence?

Actually, since it's a somewhat serious allegation, I'll clarify and say 'Baseless joke.'

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #16: March 06, 2017, 12:12:53 PM »
Actually, since it's a somewhat serious allegation, I'll clarify and say 'Baseless joke.'
I knew you were kidding.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #17: March 06, 2017, 01:50:16 PM »
tweet it and watch the media run with it.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #18: March 06, 2017, 02:19:06 PM »
I knew you were kidding.

I figured,but...

tweet it and watch the media run with it.

this is pretty much the way the news works these days.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #20: March 06, 2017, 03:34:19 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/03/06/masn-explains-why-its-only-broadcasting-seven-nats-spring-training-games/

Angelos was also asked during the podcast about the status of the never-ending legal fight between the network and the Nats over rights fees.

“It’s obviously a process that’s been going on for a long time, and hopefully will come to a close sooner than later,” he said. “There’s been a lot written and talked about with respect to the importance of agreements behind held to what they mean, and the importance of the arrangements that were made 10 years ago. These were all intended to make sure that baseball in Baltimore was never disrupted, the Orioles franchise would always be in Baltimore and that’s really what’s important, the only thing that’s really important about the dispute. And hopefully that dispute will be resolved, and all the parties can move forward. But the pre-eminently important thing is that the health and welfare of the Orioles franchise continue for another 60-plus years, at least.”

Screw Baltimore...

Offline dracnal

« Reply #21: March 06, 2017, 04:37:48 PM »

Angelos was also asked during the podcast about the status of the never-ending legal fight between the network and the Nats over rights fees.

Screw Baltimore...

Interesting to note that is John Angelos, not Peter. President of MASN. Not sure what, if any, relationship there is to Peter, but if there is one it certainly is just another clue as to why MASN's so dedicated to screwing the Nats.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #22: March 06, 2017, 05:07:23 PM »
Interesting to note that is John Angelos, not Peter. President of MASN. Not sure what, if any, relationship there is to Peter, but if there is one it certainly is just another clue as to why MASN's so dedicated to screwing the Nats.
Wiki says he's Executive VP of the O's as well as his role with MASN. Petey's oldest son. So, you know, no conflict of interest or anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_P._Angelos

Offline dracnal

« Reply #23: March 06, 2017, 05:21:28 PM »
Wiki says he's Executive VP of the O's as well as his role with MASN. Petey's oldest son. So, you know, no conflict of interest or anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_P._Angelos

Yeah, I'd say there is zero conflict between the two when it comes to agreement on what's in their best interest.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #24: March 06, 2017, 08:20:46 PM »
It's enough to make me start a movement to stop watching MASN

“It’s obviously a process that’s been going on for a long time, and hopefully will come to a close sooner than later,” he said. “There’s been a lot written and talked about with respect to the importance of agreements behind held to what they mean, and the importance of the arrangements that were made 10 years ago. These were all intended to make sure that baseball in Baltimore was never disrupted, the Orioles franchise would always be in Baltimore and that’s really what’s important, the only thing that’s really important about the dispute. And hopefully that dispute will be resolved, and all the parties can move forward. But the pre-eminently important thing is that the health and welfare of the Orioles franchise continue for another 60-plus years, at least.”

Screw Baltimore...