Author Topic: Washington Redskins thread (2017) -Let's Win the Next Offseason!  (Read 33014 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Kirk Cousins, in a weird way, has had his best season. He has his worst supporting cast thanks to injuries and has played his ass off. I want him back. I also think a team like the Browns or Jets will pay him too much for him to even consider coming back.

I also think Gruden with a couple wins late has secured his spot grooming the next QB.

I'm just wondering how much better his stats would be if Doctson wasn't dropping three catches a game

Offline LoveAngelos

Kirk Cousins, in a weird way, has had his best season. He has his worst supporting cast thanks to injuries and has played his ass off. I want him back. I also think a team like the Browns or Jets will pay him too much for him to even consider coming back.

I also think Gruden with a couple wins late has secured his spot grooming the next QB.

Yeah let him groove away. Another 20 years of Snyder led futility coming right up

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
It's just stats. Wins are the only stat that counts, so he sucks.

I'm just wondering how much better his stats would be if Doctson wasn't dropping three catches a game

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
It's just stats. Wins are the only stat that counts, so he sucks.

Slate?  Is  that  you?

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Docston is doing better than expected so I can only complain so much.

If Cleveland or New York offers Cousins too much money to match, then I think Colt McCoy is a solid placeholder QB. Go out and draft someone mid first round. Rosen will be gone early, but between Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Mayfield, and Darnold someone will drop into the mid first round.

Offline Natsinpwc

...I think Colt McCoy is a solid placeholder QB...
:hysterical:

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
What is your answer if another team offers him a huge contract?

I would rather see McCoy, a veteran who knows the offense front and back, given the shot at starting over waiting to see which QB the Vikes let go or trying to kick the tires on Andy Dalton/AJ McCarron. Maybe the Redskins can wait around and see what happens with Tyrod Taylor. They have to draft a QB for the long term if Cousins walks.

End of the day, if the Browns or another team pay Cousins too much for him to say no, there is no answer to replace him that is a lateral move. Have to find someone who gives you a shot winning Game 1 next season. Maybe that's a rookie QB, but I am a believer in not forcing them to play right away.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
...I think Colt McCoy is a solid placeholder QB.

I think he meant "Placekick Holder."

Offline Natsinpwc

What is your answer if another team offers him a huge contract?

I would rather see McCoy, a veteran who knows the offense front and back, given the shot at starting over waiting to see which QB the Vikes let go or trying to kick the tires on Andy Dalton/AJ McCarron. Maybe the Redskins can wait around and see what happens with Tyrod Taylor. They have to draft a QB for the long term if Cousins walks.

End of the day, if the Browns or another team pay Cousins too much for him to say no, there is no answer to replace him that is a lateral move. Have to find someone who gives you a shot winning Game 1 next season. Maybe that's a rookie QB, but I am a believer in not forcing them to play right away.

I am not a Skins fan so have not thought of any of that.  I just think McCoy would lead the team to 3-4 victories.  If that is what you want as a placeholder good luck. 

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
I am not a Skins fan so have not thought of any of that.  I just think McCoy would lead the team to 3-4 victories.  If that is what you want as a placeholder good luck.

Sounds like he could start for the Bears...

Offline Slateman

What were you expecting? Because Doctson is really disappointing.

All of the scouting reports have been dead on, except his hands. He isnt going to outrun anyone. He isn't going to beat anyone with route running. His only attribute is the ability to get 50/50 balls out of the air. And he's sucked at it this season.

Sounds like he could start for the Bears...
Hey, you beat the Browns.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
He won a terrible Redskins team two games back in 2014 and should never have been benched for RGIII.

He knows the whole offense is a gun slinger. Not like they'd be marching out Tom Savage or Blaine Gabbert.

Offline LoveAngelos

McCot, Dotson...it matters not you have Snyder and his Stooge Allen at the helm.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

:lmao:  That is a SF like comment.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
I was watching the game Sunday and Cousins looked like he had already left the team spiritually - just didn't seem to be into it; he was theoretically a Redskin but his mind seemed to be at the Broncos or Jets or Cardinals or some other future billing.

Offline Slateman

:lmao:  That is a SF like comment.
???

At best, Doctson is a number 2 receiver. He can't get open regularly. He isn't fast enough to stretch the field. He doesnt' run good enough routes to get open that way (like Pierre did). He isn't seasoned enough to figure out how to get open against zone coverage. He has one good ability (allegedly) and that is catching the 50/50 ball. Which he really hasn't done that well this season and, frankly, Kirk doesn't like throwing.

Maybe Doctson will look better if this team gets a true  number 1. But that probably isn't going to happen this offseason and is a moot point if Cousins walks. Or they have to pay hime 35 million a year.
McCot, Dotson...it matters not you have Snyder and his Stooge Allen at the helm.

Yep. There are rumors that Allen may not be "as crucial" as many would believe. My question is, so what? Do you think Snyder is going to appoint someone competent at that position? Allen was supposed to be the competent appointment.

Offline spidernat

saying that he drops 3 balls per game is dumb. Like the time SF claimed that Dunn cost the Nats 3 runs per game by playing LF.

Offline Slateman

saying that he drops 3 balls per game is dumb. Like the time SF claimed that Dunn cost the Nats 3 runs per game by playing LF.
Prove otherwise. And I don't mean the official "drops" stat sheet, where somehow only has four drops this season. I'm talking about legit times Doctson got a hand on the ball and didn't catch it. When your only skillset is catching 50/50 balls and you don't really catch them, then what good are you?

Offline spidernat

:lmao:  This is why you get owned all the time. You truly are a freaking dumbass. It's hilarious that you now want to discount stats when you live by them to pass off as if you actually know something about sports when all you do is parrot what the stat geeks tell you to repeat. And I don't give a freak about the official number of drops he had (I don't know if 4 is the number he was credited with). I can think of 6 passes he dropped that I were legit dropped balls but I'm sure you could make a case for as many as 8-10, MAX. That isn't even 1 drop per game. :hysterical:

Offline Slateman

:lmao:  This is why you get owned all the time. You truly are a freaking dumbass. It's hilarious that you now want to discount stats when you live by them to pass off as if you actually know something about sports when all you do is parrot what the stat geeks tell you to repeat. And I don't give a freak about the official number of drops he had (I don't know if 4 is the number he was credited with). I can think of 6 passes he dropped that I were legit dropped balls but I'm sure you could make a case for as many as 8-10, MAX. That isn't even 1 drop per game. :hysterical:
Hyperbole. Do you understand it?

All one has to do is a search. Already found four drops that weren't the KC game. Two in the Dallas game alone. Dude had a ton of drops, as well as other balls that I would expect him to come up with, given what he was drafted on.

Offline HalfSmokes

for whatever it's worth, his catch rate is one of the worst among wide receivers http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

Offline UMDNats

:lmao:  This is why you get owned all the time. You truly are a freaking dumbass.

:lmao: This had me rolling. IDK why. :lmao: