Author Topic: Pro Wrestling, Recycling the Stars of the 90s and 00s....(2017)  (Read 18527 times)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Looks like they are shuffling storylines for wm with Rollins out and undertaker reportedly hurt after the rumble.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Looks like they are shuffling storylines for wm with Rollins out and undertaker reportedly hurt after the rumble.

They had Kurt Angle on "Busted Open" yesterday and he mentioned that he went to the WWF because he loved the business but he would likely have been better off going to UFC because it's not as taxing on your body.

They're going to have to get to a point where they have a "season" so they can have an off-season for these guys.

Online imref

anyone see the Goldberg / Jericho segment last night?  Jericho's reaction when Goldberg put himself on the list was priceless, especially given the backstory between the two of them.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
anyone see the Goldberg / Jericho segment last night?  Jericho's reaction when Goldberg put himself on the list was priceless, especially given the backstory between the two of them.
I can't wait for Goldberg to squash KO. I can't believe I'm saying that; KO used to be one of my favorites; but his reign has been insufferable and not in a good way.

Online imref

I can't wait for Goldberg to squash KO. I can't believe I'm saying that; KO used to be one of my favorites; but his reign has been insufferable and not in a good way.

I probably enjoy watching the Owens and Jericho stuff on Raw more than anything else, but they are upper mid-carders who are holding the titles because nobody else on the roster is over.  The Universal title has become meaningless.  I'm a fan of the style of booking in which titles mean something and the focus of the storylines are on building up a challenger to take on a champion.  That's why I like NJPW (and even ROH) so much better than WWE these days.  That being said, "I just made the list" was fantastic.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
I probably enjoy watching the Owens and Jericho stuff on Raw more than anything else, but they are upper mid-carders who are holding the titles because nobody else on the roster is over.  The Universal title has become meaningless.  I'm a fan of the style of booking in which titles mean something and the focus of the storylines are on building up a challenger to take on a champion.  That's why I like NJPW (and even ROH) so much better than WWE these days.  That being said, "I just made the list" was fantastic.
Watch Smackdown, dude. It's great.

Online imref

Watch Smackdown, dude. It's great.

I gave up on it after the Ellsworth stuff dominated the stories, and now with Cena as champ, i'm not all that excited about watching it again.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
I gave up on it after the Ellsworth stuff dominated the stories, and now with Cena as champ, i'm not all that excited about watching it again.
Cena is gonna lose the belt on Sunday. Start watching again after that.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Cornette's HOF speech alone would be worth the yearly cost of the Network.

Haven't been watching lately but I'm a sucker for the Elimination Chamber.

Online imref

Cornette's HOF speech alone would be worth the yearly cost of the Network.

Oh man, especially if it wasn't on a 5 second delay.

Online imref

Meltzer reports Rollins is expected to be ready for WM.

Offline NJ Ave

Meltzer reports Rollins is expected to be ready for WM.

This seems crazy to me, but I guess if EVERYTHING works out its the greatest face turn storyline they could possibly have for Rollins, which is why I'm sure they'll mess it up.

They'll have him make this miraculous comeback with an opportunity to beat the man who had him injured and buried him on the roster for 6 month...then a part-time wrestler will pedigree him in the middle of the ring.

Online imref

Maybe the best raw segment since the Rollins turned on the shield?

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Maybe the best raw segment since the Rollins turned on the shield?
I never even liked JeriKO as main event guys, but even I must say they could not have done that any better. Brilliant stuff.

Online imref

I never even liked JeriKO as main event guys, but even I must say they could not have done that any better. Brilliant stuff.

my only complaint is that they didn't really explain why Owens turned on him at this point.  But that was an incredible segment.  The birth of Owens was *****, and Jericho's comments to Owens at the end were exactly what he said to him on a podcast, they truly are close out of the ring. Jericho knew it was coming to an end and pretty much broke character at that point.  The list of KO was absolutely perfect.

Online imref

I rewatched the festival of friendship tonight. It may have been the best segment on Raw since the Rock's singing.

"It's art, you don't need pants"

Offline NJ Ave

God I hope that the discussion between HHH and Owens was for Joe to interfere at Fastlane and Owens to keep the title. I NEED Jericho to win the title one last time at Wrestlemania.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
God I hope that the discussion between HHH and Owens was for Joe to interfere at Fastlane and Owens to keep the title. I NEED Jericho to win the title one last time at Wrestlemania.
I don't think there is any chance that Owens retains. However, the likely feud with Jericho for the US title should be pretty great.

Online imref

I don't think there is any chance that Owens retains. However, the likely feud with Jericho for the US title should be pretty great.

it seems to make more booking sense to have Lesnar cost Goldberg the title at Fastlane, but doesn't seem like it's going to happen. 

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
it seems to make more booking sense to have Lesnar cost Goldberg the title at Fastlane, but doesn't seem like it's going to happen. 
This may be looking at things too logically, but if Brock has Goldberg at Mania already set up, wouldn't he prefer that Goldberg have the title going into that match?

Online imref

This may be looking at things too logically, but if Brock has Goldberg at Mania already set up, wouldn't he prefer that Goldberg have the title going into that match?

yeah, i guess that makes sense.  It seems though that Owens and Jericho are more over than Lesnar right now.  Having Jericho close WM with a World Title win over Owens would be a better close to the show than having Lesnar beat Goldberg.

Offline NJ Ave

yeah, i guess that makes sense.  It seems though that Owens and Jericho are more over than Lesnar right now.  Having Jericho close WM with a World Title win over Owens would be a better close to the show than having Lesnar beat Goldberg.

Although I guess if Jericho goes on tour, it makes more sense for Owens to drop the title to Goldberg and then destroy Jericho for the US Title at Wrestlemania and anchor the mid-card and headline Raw half the weeks as a monster heel.

God I turned into a 12-year old mark on this one. How is it gonna break my heart when Owens beats Jericho at Wrestlemania? What am I doing with my life :) :)

Online imref

God I turned into a 12-year old mark on this one. How is it gonna break my heart when Owens beats Jericho at Wrestlemania? What am I doing with my life :) :)

I heard that Jericho held the pointing at the entrance, waiting to say "IT" for the entire three minute commercial break.

I'm not sure what he can ever do to top the last year or so of his character. 

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Looks like Kelly Kelly is returning. I guess they need to fill the Total Divas cast if Mania is indeed gonna be Nikki Bella's retirement match. Also, there are some rumors starting to float around that Katie Lea Burchill and Eve Torres could be returning too.

Online imref

NJPW tonight featured will ospreay in the best of the super juniors tournament against taguchi from last June. An incredible match.  Watch the rerun next Friday.