Author Topic: Eaton for Giolito Lopez and Dunning  (Read 92553 times)

Offline Truconfidence

Re: Eaton for Giolito Lopez and Dunning
« Reply #100: December 07, 2016, 05:40:29 PM »
David Cameron ‏@DCameronFG  48s49 seconds ago
2014-2016 WAR
Andrew McCutchen: +13.3
Adam Eaton: +12.7
exactly. same caliber player one you are paying 4mil the other 14.

Offline Rasta

« Reply #101: December 07, 2016, 05:40:54 PM »
Barry Svrluga ‏@barrysvrluga  37s37 seconds ago Maryland, USA
Nats lineup, with some certainty: Turner SS, Eaton CF, Murphy 2B, Harper RF, Rendon 3B, Werth LF, Zimmerman 1B, Norris C, pitcher.

Offline nats4ever

« Reply #102: December 07, 2016, 05:40:59 PM »
the rotation 1-5 is still top 6 in basbeall and now we should be able to hit.. I am so sick of being close but no cigar. freak it why not go for it
Exactly.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #103: December 07, 2016, 05:41:16 PM »
David Cameron ‏@DCameronFG  48s49 seconds ago
2014-2016 WAR
Andrew McCutchen: +13.3
Adam Eaton: +12.7

With Eaton younger and on a friendly contract. Nice.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #104: December 07, 2016, 05:41:36 PM »
Except he's a complete douche who makes a fuss if you try to put him in that role.

Exactly.  Which is too bad, because if he keeps acting like that he'll end up costing himself 4 or 5 years of major league salary.  There's a nice market for backup infielders who can play SS pretty well, run, and have some power, especially ones who switch-hit.  There's not much of one for bench players who won't shut up, no matter their skill level.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #105: December 07, 2016, 05:42:30 PM »
So Fedde goes back to Harrisburg, Cole and Voth in Syracuse as our depth.  Sign a couple of back end major leaguers who are unsigned in early February for experienced depth.  Really puts pressure on Stras and Ross's health, I think. Gio will give you starts but not long ones.

Offline Rasta

« Reply #106: December 07, 2016, 05:42:41 PM »
What have you done for me lately. As in, last year.

#11 in WAR among non-pitchers. Cutch nowhere close to that. Please read the article on Eaton that I posted. It's a great read about his game and his hitting.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #107: December 07, 2016, 05:42:56 PM »
What an overpay for a guy who's never even OPS'd over .800.

Very nice player. Solid bat, solid defense, instant upgrade in center field, but what an overpay. Two Top 100 prospects? Plus Dunning? Even if the White Sox toss in major salary considerations, I just don't like it. The Nationals have spent years doing well balancing the future and present but this trade tosses that out of the door. Giolito and Lopez are going to be absolutely dealing by 2018 and we're going to have a guy in his early 30's who is pretty good, not great. If Nats don't win big in the coming season or two then this trade is a complete failure.

I like Dunning a lot, but an overpay is an overpay even if the asset is really  I guess my opinion on Giolito and Lopez is probably higher than most.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #108: December 07, 2016, 05:45:19 PM »
Nats lineup, with some certainty: Turner SS, Eaton CF, Murphy 2B, Harper RF, Rendon 3B, Werth LF, Zimmerman 1B, Norris C, pitcher.
something about 3 lefties in a row makes me cringe and makes loogies happy.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #109: December 07, 2016, 05:45:53 PM »
dear god we are a national embarrassment

Casey Stern @CaseyStern
2m
Outside scouts dinner, w/o over exaggeration, everyone talking about this Nationals trade, all dumbfounded. It's right in front of our set.

MLB Network Radio @MLBNetworkRadio
3m
Jim Duquette on #Nationals & #WhiteSox trade: "Horrible, horrible trade." (For the Nationals)

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #110: December 07, 2016, 05:46:12 PM »
So Fedde goes back to Harrisburg, Cole and Voth in Syracuse as our depth.  Sign a couple of back end major leaguers who are unsigned in early February for experienced depth.  Really puts pressure on Stras and Ross's health, I think. Gio will give you starts but not long ones.

At this point, I'd strongly consider giving Tyson Ross the money he's asking for, even if he's not ready for Opening Day.  If you're going for it, you're going for it, and if you're playing the injury lottery with 2 or 3 starters you might as well get one more body into that lottery who is quite good when not hurt.

Offline Rasta

« Reply #111: December 07, 2016, 05:46:22 PM »

I agree about the lefties. I think Eaton's OBP is what Barry was thinking about.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #112: December 07, 2016, 05:46:41 PM »
Hopefully we never face a left handed pitcher.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #113: December 07, 2016, 05:47:55 PM »
Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste   ....   :smh:

Offline Rasta

« Reply #114: December 07, 2016, 05:48:18 PM »
Hopefully we never face a left handed pitcher.

Murphy & Eaton hit lefties very well last year.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #115: December 07, 2016, 05:48:20 PM »
God damn you Rizzo. Or should we blame the Lerners for not paying money for someone like Fowler and saving our prospects which we will undoubtedly need.

Offline Monarch

« Reply #116: December 07, 2016, 05:48:54 PM »

Very nice player. Solid bat, solid defense, instant upgrade in center field, but what an overpay. Two Top 100 prospects? Plus Dunning? Even if the White Sox toss in major salary considerations, I just don't like it. The Nationals have spent years doing well balancing the future and present but this trade tosses that out of the door. Giolito and Lopez are going to be absolutely dealing by 2018 and we're going to have a guy in his early 30's who is pretty good, not great. If Nats don't win big in the coming season or two then this trade is a complete failure.

I like Dunning a lot, but an overpay is an overpay even if the asset is really  I guess my opinion on Giolito and Lopez is probably higher than most.

He turned 28 yesterday.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #117: December 07, 2016, 05:48:58 PM »

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #118: December 07, 2016, 05:50:18 PM »

Swap Turner and Eaton and swap Harper and Rendon

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #119: December 07, 2016, 05:50:37 PM »
God damn you Rizzo. Or should we blame the Lerners for not paying money for someone like Fowler and saving our prospects which we will undoubtedly need.
I think it's the Lerners. They won't pay for the free agents anymore. So he has to trade. Trade could backfire but no balls no glory.

Offline whytev

« Reply #120: December 07, 2016, 05:50:58 PM »
Exactly.  Which is too bad, because if he keeps acting like that he'll end up costing himself 4 or 5 years of major league salary.  There's a nice market for backup infielders who can play SS pretty well, run, and have some power, especially ones who switch-hit.  There's not much of one for bench players who won't shut up, no matter their skill level.

According to that big tell all article in the paper, he was acting like a dick because Williams lied to his face.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #121: December 07, 2016, 05:51:12 PM »
Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt
8s
If I were a #Nationals fan, I would be equal parts incredulous and furious. Three ridiculous arms. What a coup for the #WhiteSox.

Casey Stern @CaseyStern
now
Consensus on the floor here from GM's: As bad a panic move as they've seen at the meetings.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #122: December 07, 2016, 05:51:28 PM »
Bryce Harper @Bharper3407
15s
Wow...

Even Bryce in disbelief.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #123: December 07, 2016, 05:51:28 PM »
dear god we are a national embarrassment

Scouts worship prospects. BFD.

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #124: December 07, 2016, 05:52:35 PM »

but the question is how many years are you content to be a first round out with Harper's path to a 350+mil contract closing in rapidly meaning he is either gone or expensive and with Max ready to start a path to decline in 2 years.. we owe it to the guys that have tried so hard to go all in.