Author Topic: Eaton for Giolito Lopez and Dunning  (Read 92455 times)

Offline Truconfidence

Re: Eaton for Giolito Lopez and Dunning
« Reply #125: December 07, 2016, 06:02:51 PM »
I've always liked Eaton from afar but this trade makes no freaking sense. It cleared out our pitching depth.

If Voth couldn't make any appearances towards the end of season, they're probably down on him. Cole is a long-reliever at best. Fedde I don't know anything about but he seems to be the only notable prospect there left.

And we need pitching depth when you have almost $400MM locked up in two pitchers, one with constant injuries and one getting older and more home run prone year by year. Not to mention Gio. Or am I to believe Rizzo is going to sign another FA pitcher for a ton of buckaroos?

Eaton's good and locked up for five years I believe, why would you not then include Robles? That's enough time to draft or trade for an heir apparent to Eaton. Unless Robles is going to be balls to the wall good, what the hell?

I'm with Slate on this one which feels weird. I don't know why we were against Fowler. I'd rather have him at a non-exorbitant price and keep depth than trade all that. I'm especially going to miss Lopez, I loved his curveball and think he's going to be a good starter.
I think the idea is to move Eaton to a corner when Robles is here, do not forget I would not be shocked if Soto beats Robles to the majors.