Author Topic: NL Division Series: Nationals vs Dodgers, Game 5  (Read 100991 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
gates are open, who's there?

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
gates are open, who's there?

Calling the Uber too

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Heading over by Bikeshare.  leaving the office in 5.  Will be at the Loft from about 6:15 to 7 or so.  Will have the black and white cinch sack with a bike helmet in it.  By the chairs on the CF side.  Red cap, blue visor. Say hi.

Offline heeman82

Having a cold one at the loft now and watching bp.  Pumped

Offline awbb

Alarm set for ten to one in the morning. These prime time games are not so good for us Britishers. Wish the Cubs had lost their game 4!  ;)

C'mon Max. Get some.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Heading out now. Let's do this!!!

Offline DPMOmaha

Roughly 1000 tickets left on stubhub for the game. Took all day to get there, but they've been selling steadily all day.

Offline friends74

For those of you traveling tonight by Metro, at what time do you plan to leave? 

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats

Don't leave early! NANF

Offline friends74

Believe me, I'd like to stay until the last pitch.  But, Metro's midnight closing may make that impossible.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

If the Dodgers had a normal lineup I'd be really confident.  Scherzer isn't great against lefties and the Dodgers are putting 8 left-handed hitters out there.  I mean, who does that?  I think what we should have done is throw all our LH relievers out there and try to get through 9 innings.   Save Scherzer for game 1 against the Cubs.  I mean what a freakish team...  8 left handed hitters, come on.  Are you serious right now?

Offline Elvir Ovcina

If the Dodgers had a normal lineup I'd be really confident.  Scherzer isn't great against lefties and the Dodgers are putting 8 left-handed hitters out there.  I mean, who does that?  I think what we should have done is throw all our LH relievers out there and try to get through 9 innings.   Save Scherzer for game 1 against the Cubs.  I mean what a freakish team...  8 left handed hitters, come on.  Are you serious right now?

Are they supposed to put righthanded hitters out there to be nice?  Their team has several platoons on it.  It's been that way. Should they demand that teams not stack lineups with righties against Kershaw and Hill because who does that?  Should Espinosa and Lobaton be required to bat lefty because switch-hitting, who does that?

Offline NatsAllThe Way

Are they supposed to put righthanded hitters out there to be nice?  Their team has several platoons on it.  It's been that way. Should they demand that teams not stack lineups with righties against Kershaw and Hill because who does that?  Should Espinosa and Lobaton be required to bat lefty because switch-hitting, who does that?

I'm not saying they are mean for doing it.  Just that I don't remember seeing many teams built that way.   Have you?

Offline nattily attired

Do something, Harp!

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Check me on this, but I think that the last train northbound leaves at something stupid like 11:39, so any later than 11:15 would be to take your chances.  Southbound leaves a bit later.

[edit: per WP "Metro officials said the final northbound train will leave Navy Yard station at 11:39 p.m. bound for Greenbelt. The final southbound train will leave at 12:17 a.m. headed toward Branch Avenue."]

Offline heeman82

Got here way too early

Offline Elvir Ovcina

I'm not saying they are mean for doing it.  Just that I don't remember seeing many teams built that way.   Have you?

No, because (1) it's hard to find lefthanded hitters who play SS, 2B, and C (as well as 3B) competently and also hit well enough to justify starting, (2) it's also reasonably unusual to find middle infielders who bat left and aren't switch-hitters (as is the case for both Utley and Seager), and (3) teams often don't want to leave themselves open to getting exploited by lefthanded pitching.  The Dodgers are generally ok on that, though, because Grandal switches, Kendrick and Puig come in, and Utley often is replaced by a RHB as well.

But honestly, who cares?  Let's stomp these MFs into submission.  Get up 6 early, tell Gio to watch how men throw baseballs, and then have Max shut these jackasses down.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Uncle Ray and Captain Morgan are in the house.

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
Guy on MLB Network said Dusty "liked the at-bats Danny had in game 4." Further cementing he knows jackcrap.

Offline heeman82

Cold one oh cold one where art thou

Offline natbomber

• In baseball, you don’t know nothing
Nerves finally starting to set in. I'm just praying we take an early lead and keep it, because I really don't want to live through a nail-biter.

Offline heeman82

Nerves finally starting to set in. I'm just praying we take an early lead and keep it, because I really don't want to live through a nail-biter.

Have a cold one--it helps.

Offline Copecwby20

Daniel Murphy, who art at second
And batting fourth tonight.
Thy at bats come, Thy RBIs done
In Washington as it was in LA

Give us this day, our daily bombs
And recover from Espi's errors
As we capitalize on those who error against us.

Lead us not into GIDPs, but deliver us to the NLCS. For thine is the MVP, The Silver Slugger and Second Base forever and ever.

Amen.

Offline heeman82

Daniel Murphy, who art at second
And batting fourth tonight.
Thy at bats come, Thy RBIs done
In Washington as it was in LA

Give us this day, our daily bombs
And recover from Espi's errors
As we capitalize on those who error against us.

Lead us not into GIDPs, but deliver us to the NLCS. For thine is the MVP, The Silver Slugger and Second Base forever and ever.

Amen.

Peace be the journey

Offline Copecwby20

Had a guy who used to live in Arlington come up to me and yell Go Nats while I was buying beer in Florida today. I think it has to be a sign. IT HAS TO!