Author Topic: NL Division Series: Nationals vs Dodgers, Game 5  (Read 101010 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Congratulations. Raise him right in Nats red and blue. :D

So my son was finally born this afternoon and will be ready to watch TV with dad and see the Nats first playoff series win!

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

Offline ¡Vamos Ramos!

Congratulations. Raise him right in Nats red and blue. :D

That's a guarantee. Appreciate all the congratulations!

Offline imref

This GDT will be longer before the game starts than most GDT's are for an entire game.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
This GDT will be longer before the game starts than most GDT's are for an entire game.

Fired up.     

Online KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
In the words of Crazy Al Davis: Just win, baby.

Offline NatNasty

So my son was finally born this afternoon and will be ready to watch TV with dad and see the Nats first playoff series win!
Congrats!

Offline RobDibblesGhost

12 more hours :panic:

Offline Truconfidence

I could be wrong of course but the one thing I am sure about is that the guys should be able to hit Rich Hill tonight. Most of his success is because of deception and these guys just saw him 4 days ago. he is not a strike thrower. he uses the fb to get ahead and throws his curveball assortment. Kershaw miffed Turner first time around 2nd time he got 3 hits off him. I suspect the same will happen tonight.
By the same token these guys just saw Max. The difference is Max had no feel for his slider and didnt throw too many. I think fb command early will determine our fate. if he can locate it early I will breathe easier. its like when Roark throws that first 2 seamer if it runs back over, you know he is going to dominate. With Max its command of the fb and if the slider has tight movement.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
This one still on FM-106.7; Capitals have been seconded to AM-1500. I think the Nats pull rank on all the other teams The Fan carries (Capitals, NFL Sunday/Monday/Thursday nighters, Virginia Tech football, Georgetown basketball and DC United) for priority in radio broadcasting on that station.

To all who are leaving early to get onto the Metro - ignore the media bums who single you out as proof that DC is not a baseball town - it's all Metro management's fault.

Offline imref

I'm hoping we get one scene tonight of Dusty walking out to the mound and an irate Scherzer chasing him away.

Online aspenbubba

I have posted this before. I have gone to four of the first five Super Bowls that the Redskins played. Obviously two losses and the debacle in Tampa was maddening but nowhere near the 2-3 day depression I felt after the loss in game 5 that I attended. Avoided this site for at least two days as I didn't want to sink further into despair.

Offline mdnatsfan

Mad Max's time is upon him. Tonight should be his moment. Kershaw is the only starting pitcher with a W in this series, but he's not been spectacular. Max has a chance to equal Kershaw in W's, but more importantly, exceed him in IP's, ERA, etc.

It all hinges on Max. If he goes late into the game with 1 or 2 runs allowed, Nats should win. If not, the failure to move on in 2016 will be pinned squarely on his shoulders, and deservedly so. He was paid for tonight. He has to deliver.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
[...]It all hinges on Max. If he goes late into the game with 1 or 2 runs allowed, Nats should win. If not, the failure to move on in 2016 will be pinned squarely on his shoulders, and deservedly so. He was paid for tonight. He has to deliver.

...but what if Scherzer does hold the Dodgers to, at most, 1 or 2 runs but the Nats don't hit? [most recent comparable example: Cubs-Giants Game 2]

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
He needs to hit a HR to provide himself run support. :stir:

Offline joabee

Game 5 in 2012 was the worst for all time...

Can only agree! As will be with this game, game 5 2012 took place in the middle of the night here in Sweden. Slept poorly, woke up and checked the phone: big lead, yeah! Woke up later and saw the mlb page with Pete Kozma's face and realized that that was it...

It is time for new and better memories!

Offline mdnatsfan

They scored a ton of runs in this series. Obviously a  1-0, 2-0, or even 3-0 loss IS NOT Scherzer's fault, unless he gives up 3 in the first inning. That can demoralize the team. So actually, I'd say it depends.

I think he needs to dominate early in this game.

...but what if Scherzer does hold the Dodgers to, at most, 1 or 2 runs but the Nats don't hit? [most recent comparable example: Cubs-Giants Game 2]

Offline NatsAllThe Way

I'm hoping we get one scene tonight of Dusty walking out to the mound and an irate Scherzer chasing him away.

As long as we're ahead by 4 or more runs and no one is on base, sure.

Offline DPMOmaha

I have posted this before. I have gone to four of the first five Super Bowls that the Redskins played. Obviously two losses and the debacle in Tampa was maddening but nowhere near the 2-3 day depression I felt after the loss in game 5 that I attended. Avoided this site for at least two days as I didn't want to sink further into despair.
I couldn't stomach watching any of the playoffs after it ended in 2012.

Offline dcpatti

We get Livo for the first pitch tonight!

Offline UMDNats

just one time i'd like it to be our turn to have an amazing postseason series win

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats

Congrats to ¡Vamos Ramos! and ¡Vamos Ramos! Jr.! Get him a Trea shirt -- they're nearly the same age

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
We get Livo for the first pitch tonight!

Livo always was a stopper. Wonder if the airline let him pack his :whip: for the clubhouse...

Offline monkeyhit

Hope the 3 lefties are up for it (and wish we also had Burnett).