Author Topic: NL Division Series: Nationals vs Dodgers, Game 2  (Read 30803 times)

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Just got back from game. First Nats playoff win I've experienced live, so that was awesome :)

IMO, Espi had an optimal day getting hit twice LOL. Best we can hope for him at this point.

+1. When he got hit the first time, I thought the same: that's Danny's contribution at bat.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
...and Harold R. explained that with Danny's excellent hand-eye coordination, he should work on his hitting and become a good hitter. I thought, "Harold, haven't you called a Nats game in the last five or six years?"

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Final Pitch f/x numbers for NL Division Series (LAD@WAS) Gm 2 HP Umpire Chris Guccione: 120/124 Balls + 42/55 Strikes =162/179= 90.5%. +7 LA

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
A curly W in the books, now lets take the series!
woah. . . 5 years between posts!  welcome back!  good omen.

Offline dcpatti

Here's the RH batter strike call chart for today. It's only for called pitches, not swinging strikes.

The squares are when we are pitching and triangle are when we are batting.

red= strike, green = ball.

The leftys chart is not as bad but since we have almost no lefties and the Dodgers are almost all lefties, this big a swing in the righties is a big deal for us.

It's not rendering right to embed the image: http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/cache/fastmap.php-pitchSel=all&game=gid_2016_10_09_lanmlb_wasmlb_1&sp_type=3&s_type=7&cache=1.gif

Online aspenbubba

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
So glad for this :w:

Online aspenbubba

Yes
I was at the game and I felt Turner could have made it easily. Sending Harper was bad and Werth scoring was the right call.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I was at the game and I felt Turner could have made it easily. Sending Harper was bad and Werth scoring was the right call.
was harper sent or did he go on his own?  Idiocy whichever way it was.

Online aspenbubba

haven't heard or read anything

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Who's up tomorrow?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline dcpatti

Sendley sent him, but I heard in one of the interviews that with the way the wind was shifting, they didn't think Kendrick was going to make the throw.

Offline mitlen

Sendley sent him, but I heard in one of the interviews that with the way the wind was shifting, they didn't think Kendrick was going to make the throw.

We won.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

RDG

I got another Gio start, but at least it's not an elimination game.

Offline mitlen

You earned it.   :)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

#littlevictories

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
That wind was awesome

The wind tunnel by the east entrance to the 200s was like the Roaring Forties.  My beer had white caps  :lol:

Offline joabee

woah. . . 5 years between posts!  welcome back!  good omen.

Many thanks, I hope so!!  :) I never stopped rooting, quite the contrary, but for some reason I spent them five years away from this lovely forum!

Now lets go Nats!

Offline Natsinpwc

Great win. And especially so we don't have to hear the whining about the weather and the game being moved to Sunday and it having negative effects on the Nats. Just win. Good teams overcome bad curumstances. And that's all I have to say about that.

Offline mitlen

Great win. And especially so we don't have to hear the whining about the weather and the game being moved to Sunday and it having negative effects on the Nats. Just win. Good teams overcome bad curumstances. And that's all I have to say about that.

:clap:

Offline expos1994

Thrilled with the outcome yesterday.

No words to describe the amount of awesomeness a win today would be.

I've been a Expos/Nats fan since I was 12 years old (1992)... I waited so long for the playoffs (2012) and it was heartbreaking, then waited 2 years (2014) and it was frustrating, now here we are another two years later. I'm still the little 12 year old waiting now 24 years for this win to take the series lead and be 1 win from the NLCS.