Author Topic: NL Division Series: Nationals vs Dodgers, Game 2  (Read 31220 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
On a serious note, they should give everyone who paid for parking today a voucher for tomorrow.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
On a serious note, they should give everyone who paid for parking today a voucher for tomorrow.

The Nats do that...

Working with Parking Panda to get them to do just that for my kids...

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Rain is already moving out. I'm really disappointed they didn't try to get this one in.  The only folks that I can imagine are happy about this are the clerks at the ABC store down the street from my place.

Offline sportsfan882

It stopped raining at the park

From Svrluga:They could probably be throwing out the first pitch right now.

Offline sportsfan882

From Boz

Rain stopped, sky clearing at Nats Park. Looks like could've started Nats game at ~5 p.m. SHOULD'VE WAITED TO BANG IT. Typical MLB/TV BS.

Offline NatNasty

Yesterday at work they had a drawing for tickets for today's game.  I was kind of pissed yesterday when I didn't win them.  I can't begin to imagine how pissed I'd be if I had won, driven 2-5 hours (depending on traffic) only to be told the game's been cancelled because of television.  I probably would have made the evening news.  Good thing I didn't win those tickets.

Online 1995hoo

Heh. Announcement came right as we reached the concourse behind 312/313 area.

Just got home. Off to the grocery store. Was gonna do that tomorrow, but.....

Offline Upper Level Dad

MLB blew this - not that that should surprise anyone.  It's like cancelling school and we only get flurries!

I've waited in rain delays many nights for less important games then this - wish this game was the Nats call, they wait (and let us buy stuff during the rain delay)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Heard from a source with the Nats that the decision to postpone this game was all about TV ratings. Didn't want to interfere with Cubs game. What bullcrap.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
So they would rather go against the local pointy ball derby?  I guess six in one, half a dozen in the other.
Heard from a source with the Nats that the decision to postpone this game was all about TV ratings. Didn't want to interfere with Cubs game. What bullcrap.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Making playoff game decisions based on TV ratings in a sport heavily dependent on rhythm seems like borderline tampering to me.

• babble on
The system is rigged!  Believe me.  Believe me. 
Making playoff game decisions based on TV ratings in a sport heavily dependent on rhythm seems like borderline tampering to me.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
The system is rigged!  Believe me.  Believe me. 

:hurr:

Replace "borderline tampering" with "very irresponsible" if you prefer.  I don't think it's an unreasonable assertion, especially given the travel involved :shrug:

Offline rbw5t

Seems like it hurts us more than them. Jansen was probably unavailable, or at least limited, today, but he won't be limited tomorrow.

• babble on
The pandering to certain markets is infuriating but not very surprising.  If the Indians were playing, say, the Rays, the games would probably be up against infomercials and 50's sci fi movies at 3 am. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Cubs are pretty clearly the story of the playoffs in the NL, and the whole Papi farewell tour is the theme in the AL.  It's looking like that may change as soon as tomorrow.  Unfortunately, the Nats / dodgers will not be prime time on NL day until the Cubs series is over.

Offline RiotAct

Cubs are pretty clearly the story of the playoffs in the NL, and the whole Papi farewell tour is the theme in the AL.  It's looking like that may change as soon as tomorrow.  Unfortunately, the Nats / dodgers will not be prime time on NL day until the Cubs series is over.
Our series might be over before the SF-CHI series, unfortunately

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Capital weather gang says more rain coming around 8 pm.  Going to be very windy tomorrow. 20-30 mph.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Capital weather gang says more rain coming around 8 pm.  Going to be very windy tomorrow. 20-30 mph.

Yeah, apparently they were thinking they had a window of 5:00-8:00. Guess that didn't matter.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Back edge of the rain has totally has totally moved out. MLB doesn't give a crap. All about ratings for the Cubs series. If they waited 45 minutes they could've gotten this game in.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

They probably read that on WNFF around 3:30.    :)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
bone dry in CC.  Side walk and roads are drying out. 

Offline OvechkinsWodka

• chicks dig curly W's
Did MLB really hose the Nats for a game on MLB network??? Like almost no one gets that channel

Offline RiotAct

Did MLB really hose the Nats for a game on MLB network??? Like almost no one gets that channel
Makes it even more bizarre.

Offline More of #34

That sure was fun.  Drove 2 hours in traffic to the ballpark, spent $80.00 on lunch for five people, ate in the rain and then learned the game was postponed and turned around and drove 2 hours in traffic to return home.  And then will do it all over again tomorrow. :asplode: