Author Topic: NL Division Series: Nationals vs Dogers, Game 1  (Read 37981 times)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
1 for 10 with RISP, same old song :(

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
"Dusty, how good was it to see Ramos throw out the first pitch?"    Really

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
If you ain't ready to work, get the freak out.

:whip:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Max definitely sucked, it's just hard for me to direct most of my rage at him when there's a specific part of the team that hasn't pulled its weight in years.

This was my point. There's no way you can say that all of the blame belongs to Scherzer. And if you judge it according to salary then Espinosa wasn't that bad. :?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

This was my point. There's no way you can say that all of the blame belongs to Scherzer. And if you judge it according to salary then Espinosa wasn't that bad. :?

Our offense scored 3 runs.  Our "ace" gave up 4, yea I can direct the majority of my disappointment at him.

Offline BigMeech

Time for everyone to admit that the LOD has been right about Espinosa for years.

Offline mitlen

FP never mentioned the name Espinosa.    NEVER  !!

Offline spidernat

Our offense scored 3 runs.  Our "ace" gave up 4, yea I can direct the majority of my disappointment at him.

You and VaRK didn't say the majority. You said all of it.

All Max...

Agreed

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
I'm disappointed in Max, but the offense had SOOOOOO many chances

Kershaw freaking sucked, should have scored at least 6 on him

the Espi Ks were such a dagger

I didn't agree with pinch hitting for Pedro

But mostly not enough "protect" swings with 2 strikes to offset a crappy incompetent unpredictable umpire with the game on the line from our offense

Offline nats2playoffs

GAME OVER.

Gene Wilder, 1933-2016, R.I.P.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
You and VaRK didn't say the majority. You said all of it.

I stand by it...Max gives us a quality start and we have a chance.  He didn't...

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
We're going to see more of Sammy this series

on a positive note

Sammy Solis was excellent

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
So frustrating.  Bullpen kept us in this. We had tons of chances. Arghhhhh

Offline tomwvr

no expectations for us to recover from this loss. The history of this team just tells me they are not going to win - might not go  4 games....

Offline nats2playoffs

This is the longest Game Day Thread (GDT) of the year. Opening Day had 819 posts.

Offline Mighty Casey

Espinosa cannot tell the difference between a ball and a strike..this moron starts swinging a week before the pitch arrives...
While Turner is still new, watching strikes, then swinging at shyte is the trademark approach of some of our high priced help...
and Werth diving for dogshyte...straight out of the Desmond Hitting Manual...choke choke choke....
why Murphy took off is a mystery...
and we've noticed over most of the season that the one play that is rarely engaged is the hit and run...because we have so many whiffers....
Why is Espinosa occupying space on this line up? Why isn't Rick Shu hosting Power Point presentations on the differences between a ball and a strike?? Against this ump who has shown that he falls for catcher-framing on almost any pitch, one needs to start swinging at close pitches, not dirtballs nor airballs....but no....few of these duffers ever bother to notice such things....just grit their overpaid teeth and swing...aren't they supposed to clean up these mistakes in spring training?

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
Espinosa batting in this lineup and batting seventh in particular, cost this win. I don’t expect players to always take advantage of every opportunity. Most of baseball is failure. The Justin Turner homer was really a killer. I thought the Nats came to play and did pretty well overall. They ultimately out hit and out pitched the Dodgers. The Nats strung opportunities together and got to Kershaw. Solis did a great job of exposing the dodgers lefties. The Nats got into a rhythm and they pretty much stfled the Dodger bats, sans the two bombs. Unfortunately, Espi is a black hole. I think this team should be in every game and has a great chance to win this series if they keep this up. Everybody in that lineup had productive at bats tonight, except freaking Espinosa. They have to do something to minimize his negative impact.

Offline tzinc

Game 1 Our Ace Has Had A HR Problem All Year

Give up the farm and get another ace in here Chris Sale for eg.

OR Give up the farm and get BETTER HITTERS in here to cover for our ace's HR problem

That is all the FRONT OFFICE NEVER EVER GOES FOR IT

Offline mitlen

FP never mentioned the name Espinosa.    NEVER  !!

Here's an article by Bos.    Not ONCE does he mention the failure of Espinosa by name.   NOT ONCE.    What aura does Espi-NO-sa have that I'm not aware of   ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/clayton-kershaws-rare-off-night-gave-nats-a-chance-max-scherzers-took-it-away/2016/10/07/3babd522-8c98-11e6-875e-2c1bfe943b66_story.html

Offline Mighty Casey

no mention of Whiff-a-nosa.....whose three futile ABs produced what they so often do....a small dust storm near home plate, pouting glances at the score board (what does that clutz think he is going see there? the umpire calling him back for strike 4?) and useless fidgeting and fumbling/adjusting those idiotic whiffing gloves of his....one does not need to wear $200 gloves just to strike out. And what foolish budding baseball player would rush and out buy the brand of those gloves? So you could be just like Whiffanosa? He has not learned anything about hitting throughout the entire season....spend 8 minutes adjusting his gloves, followed by futile swings at pitches that have yet to leave the pitcher's glove....

Offline spidernat

What aura does Espi-NO-sa have that I'm not aware of   ...

He serves "kool-aid" for his disciples out of a ten gallon hat.

Offline Optics

Was there. Crowd was super into it but that early homer by Seager really deflated us. We got back into it but it never really got full on WILD like it does in other cities. To be fair, this franchise has only ever won ONE home playoff game and that was the Werth walkoff. We are still haunted by Game 5 2012 and Game 2 2014.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
You were in a different ball park than I was. Tired of the self loathing. The team got the support it deserves and then some. I think people have the imaginary notion that there is some sustained hysteria everywhere else.

Offline dcpatti

Was there. Crowd was super into it but that early homer by Seager really deflated us. We got back into it but it never really got full on WILD like it does in other cities. To be fair, this franchise has only ever won ONE home playoff game and that was the Werth walkoff. We are still haunted by Game 5 2012 and Game 2 2014.

You gotta stop comparing real life to what you see on tv. The crowd was awesome last night and the stuff you see "in other cities" on your teevees is produced and polished. Let's give the DC fans some credit for once.

You were in a different ball park than I was. Tired of the self loathing. The team got the support it deserves and then some. I think people have the imaginary notion that there is some sustained hysteria everywhere else.

Exactly.