Author Topic: Restaurants wthin SHORT walking distance to the Park  (Read 1560 times)

Online aspenbubba

I searched for an existing thread but couldn't find one. Mods may merge at will.
Tired of Shake Shakes burgers and to be honest nothing else appeals to me inside the park. I really like Osteria Moroni and have gone there without attending a game. Bon Chon has amazing wings. The Thai place was just awful. Rather eat glass. Open to suggestions. Thanks

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Takorean has good reviews and is near the park in the cluster or restaurants past the yards.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=32248.0 ?

I thought Bluejacket was cool

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Let JD help you out, that's what she lives for.

http://www.jdland.com/dc/visiting-nats-park.cfm?show=food&h=y

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Good pizza. 

As far as inside the park, I really miss the Red Hot & Blue and Capitol-Q BBQ at RFK - everything since then has been pretty meh.  The taqueria has (had?) elote which does not suck.  Max's shawarma has good tahini.  Flippin' pizza (or whatever it's called now) has perfectly serviceable pepperoni slices if you're in the mood for something you can either eat or use as a visor.

Diamond Club food is fine if you're ready to eat like Henry VIII.     

I really like Osteria Moroni and have gone there without attending a game.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Good pizza. 

As far as inside the park, I really miss the Red Hot & Blue and Capitol-Q BBQ at RFK - everything since then has been pretty meh.  The taqueria has (had?) elote which does not suck.  Max's shawarma has good tahini.  Flippin' pizza (or whatever it's called now) has perfectly serviceable pepperoni slices if you're in the mood for something you can either eat or use as a visor.

Diamond Club food is fine if you're ready to eat like Henry VIII.     

In the Park, I've taken a hankering to the Virginia Food stand around section 315 or so.  The Chicken Biscuit is my go to.

In the Ballpark area, there's a barbecue place in the same set of shops as Bluejacket.  I don't know how it is. Has anyone tried it?

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
In the Park, I've taken a hankering to the Virginia Food stand around section 315 or so.  The Chicken Biscuit is my go to.

In the Ballpark area, there's a barbecue place in the same set of shops as Bluejacket.  I don't know how it is. Has anyone tried it?

The reviews look good. Wish I was there to try it.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Blue Smoke?  Pretty good. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Blue Smoke?  Pretty good. 
no, I meant down by Bluejacket.  I forget the name of the building, but it is mostly glass and behind DOT.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Tortilla Coast was a Tex Mex place we always enjoy outside of the Capital South metro.  Coming in from VA on the Orange or Blue lines, getting off at Capital South is an easy walk to Nats Park

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
You wouldn't recognize that walk now, at least not the bottom half of it.

Tortilla Coast was a Tex Mex place we always enjoy outside of the Capital South metro.  Coming in from VA on the Orange or Blue lines, getting off at Capital South is an easy walk to Nats Park

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Especially south of the railroad tracks.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
I hear ya.  Except for this summer, we have been up to DC every year and could see the development along NJ Ave

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
last time I was at the park I saw a ton of food trucks near the safeway just west of S. Capital Street on Maine Ave.  Might have to check those out before a future game.  There were also a few trucks next to the parking lot across from Potbelly, facing the Yards Park.

Online aspenbubba

I took your suggestion and went to Willies Brew and Crew because my "baseball wife" wanted "Q". We both ordered the pulled pork sandwiches and I thought it was the best pork sandwich I've had. It also came with homemade chips. "Wife" being from Alabama said the meat was very good and was not greasy and had little fat. The only complaint was the sandwich was on the small side for 12.00.
Met up with TomTerp at the "loft" and he was eating the chicken biscuit sandwich and it looked very good. Thanks for all who posted.

Online aspenbubba

Last night we went to Salt Line across from the right field gates . Outdoor seating , which was full by the time we exited the stadium , so we sat at the bar. Huge selection of beers and we both ordered two apps. The food is very good and the drafts were 5.00. It is like Whaleys on the waterfront but larger and a much shorter walk. Also several other restaurants will be opening next door shortly. Whaleys is great BTW , as they have $1.00 oysters at Happy Hour and good draft beers. Just depends on whether you want large or a smaller venue.

Offline dcpatti

Last night we went to Salt Line across from the right field gates . Outdoor seating , which was full by the time we exited the stadium , so we sat at the bar. Huge selection of beers and we both ordered two apps. The food is very good and the drafts were 5.00. It is like Whaleys on the waterfront but larger and a much shorter walk. Also several other restaurants will be opening next door shortly. Whaleys is great BTW , as they have $1.00 oysters at Happy Hour and good draft beers. Just depends on whether you want large or a smaller venue.

The Salt Line is Zimmerman's restaurant.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Think he'll stroll over post-game on occasion?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I was pleased with Due South during the last rain delay. Quite good.

Offline dcpatti

Think he'll stroll over post-game on occasion?

Probably not post game but I bet he'll be there a bit during the off season.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Due South is awful. Dead at lunch time and they still took forever and screwed up orders. Food was a step below Chilis.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
The Bardo Beer garden right across Potomac Avenue from the home plate entrance brews its own beer. You can see the tanks right along the mighty Anacostia. I'ts kind of funky in decor but huge and the beer is excellent.

Offline LoveAngelos

Due South is awful. Dead at lunch time and they still took forever and screwed up orders. Food was a step below Chilis.

I was there on a non game day. The bar service was pretty bad. Bartenders acted like they hated their job

Online Natsinpwc

Is a double play on the menu?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Is a double play on the menu?

The House Specialty...