Author Topic: Is Difo a stud???  (Read 2188 times)

Offline whytev

Re: Is Difo a stud???
« Reply #50: August 03, 2016, 10:48:09 PM »
I'm not sure I lose Lobaton just yet either--his defense cannot be underestimated.

I like Difo---losing Clint as a LHPH would be tough though too. Experience (Drew and Clint) counts for something. Love your starting lineup though.

Drew and Heisey are enough experience pinch-hitting for me.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #51: August 03, 2016, 11:32:31 PM »
I think he's doing a great job playing his way into a waiver trade deal for a reliever.

What I meant here was that he would be traded for someone we claimed. Like Matt Thornton last year. Maybe I don't know how that works.

Offline whytev

« Reply #52: August 04, 2016, 12:25:44 AM »
What I meant here was that he would be traded for someone we claimed. Like Matt Thornton last year. Maybe I don't know how that works.

Both players have to clear waivers unless one isn't on the 40, I think.

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #53: August 04, 2016, 01:21:23 AM »
Severino is better than lobaton, heck of a receiver and can hit just enough to be backup catcher

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #54: August 04, 2016, 06:20:31 AM »
Severino is better than lobaton, heck of a receiver and can hit just enough to be backup catcher
He could be a starter on a team that has hitting everywhere else.

Offline dshawg77

« Reply #55: August 04, 2016, 09:54:15 AM »

I guess I need to look up his minor league stats! Starter material?

Edit: Offensively he is not all that, but D keeps you in the league:

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=600474#/career/R/hitting/2016/ALL

He can run!

Offline dshawg77

« Reply #56: August 04, 2016, 09:58:19 AM »
Bad communication between him (Difo) and Harper yesterday on that one play. Mistakes happen but I am sure many of you saw that.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #57: August 04, 2016, 10:01:51 AM »
Both players have to clear waivers unless one isn't on the 40, I think.

This. Since Difo is on the 40-man, he also has to clear waivers to be part of a waiver trade. If someone claimed him and offered a MiLB player for him, then that's an option. That'd be rare.

Offline whytev

« Reply #58: August 04, 2016, 11:54:34 AM »
This. Since Difo is on the 40-man, he also has to clear waivers to be part of a waiver trade. If someone claimed him and offered a MiLB player for him, then that's an option. That'd be rare.

Usually waiver deals are for money.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #59: August 04, 2016, 12:13:53 PM »
Usually waiver deals are for money.

Sometimes. Thorton was to eat the contract (they simply accepted the waiver claim), but they traded Suzuki, DeJesus, Anderson Hernandez, Ronnie Belliard, Ayala, Wily Mo, Fruto, Ray King, Livan, Ward, Anderson, Mike Stanton, and Deivi Cruz are all examples of "waiver wire" trades.