Author Topic: Unpopular Nationals Opinions  (Read 24884 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: Unpopular Nationals Opinions
« Reply #175: July 07, 2016, 10:29:03 AM »
Nope, I meant the WWI DC Memorial.   It's dedicated to and inscribed with the names of the folks from the District who died in WWI.    You know, the war to end all wars.    At the time the memorial was built, there hadn't been a WWII.     Those youngsters have their own memorial.
I'm like Dusty and don't have a clue--where is it?

Also like Dusty I have lit up with some cool dudes.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #176: July 07, 2016, 10:29:56 AM »
I'm like Dusty and don't have a clue--where is it?

Independence AVE, SW  ....  east of the Korean War Memorial.     The point of my comment was, "I don't care what the players think of the fans any more than they care about this town."     Dusty's been in town 15 minutes and he's gonna pontificate about the fans.    Get oudda here.   Y'all need to worry about your own selves.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #177: July 07, 2016, 10:33:38 AM »

Do tell  :pimp:

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #178: July 07, 2016, 10:37:16 AM »
Independence AVE, SW  ....  east of the Korean War Memorial.     The point of my comment was, "I don't care what the players think of the fans any more than they care about this town."     Dusty's been in town 15 minutes and he's gonna pontificate about the fans.    Get oudda here.   Y'all need to worry about your own selves.
Ok. I know the one! 

I also know what you mean about Dusty. He picked up on that from long time DC resident Bryce Harper who blamed the fans last September. Managers should just keep quiet about this things.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #179: July 07, 2016, 10:37:48 AM »
Do tell  :pimp:
No one famous. But they thought they would be.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #180: July 07, 2016, 10:41:40 AM »
No one famous. But they thought they would be.

I know them.    :)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #181: July 07, 2016, 10:41:54 AM »
Rusty and Bruce might want to look on the positive side of having a mostly polite, knowledgeable, and appreciative fan base.  Take the "good" with the "bad."

Boisterous has it's downside. Ask any Mets player that's ever failed for a moment.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #182: July 07, 2016, 10:43:57 AM »
Rusty and Bruce might want to look on the positive side of having a mostly polite, knowledgeable, and appreciative fan base.  Take the "good" with the "bad."

Boisterous has it's downside. Ask any Mets player that's ever failed for a moment.

Ask Dave Parker as well.

OT    Last night was the first time I can remember a fan running onto the playing field during the game.   I may have been in the beer lines for the others.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #183: July 07, 2016, 10:45:01 AM »

Yeah, but it's not like this board or the Nats fanbase in general is exactly a hotbed of positivity, or even rationality. People sometimes forget that regression to the mean happens in both directions.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #184: July 07, 2016, 10:47:01 AM »
Compared to many other fan bases, we're the model of rationality. :D Not this board specifically, but the fan base in general.

Yeah, but it's not like this board or the Nats fanbase in general is exactly a hotbed of positivity, or even rationality. People sometimes forget that regression to the mean happens in both directions.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #185: July 07, 2016, 10:49:24 AM »
Compared to many other fan bases, we're the model of rationality. :D Not this board specifically, but the fan base in general.
Yep. This town is low key on sports generally.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #186: July 07, 2016, 10:50:06 AM »
Independence AVE, SW  ....  east of the Korean War Memorial.     

That was the picture that tswphoto posted.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #187: July 07, 2016, 10:51:28 AM »
That was the picture that tswphoto posted.

Yes   .....   I wonder if he took the picture or googled it.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #188: July 07, 2016, 10:52:13 AM »
Ask Dave Parker as well.

OT    Last night was the first time I can remember a fan running onto the playing field during the game.   I may have been in the beer lines for the others.
OTL moment. The last time I was in Cincy they had Dave Parker on Tv for a feature on a local Parkinsons charity walk. He lives in the area. Coincidentally it was when Muhammed Ali died. Didn't know Parker has Parkinson's. He looks good though. Not sure how long he has had it.

If you had kept a watch on Spider he wouldn't have run on the field. 

Offline mitlen

« Reply #189: July 07, 2016, 10:53:20 AM »

He told me he was goin' to wait for Uber.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #190: July 07, 2016, 10:54:08 AM »

:shock:

He told me he was goin' to wait for Uber.

:spit:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #191: July 07, 2016, 10:55:26 AM »
Yes   .....   I wonder if he took the picture or googled it.

It looked like an old picture though because that place has been redone. It used to be concealed so only homeless people knew where it was but most visitors (not to mention locals) still don't know about it. :smh:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #192: July 07, 2016, 11:00:32 AM »
It looked like an old picture though because that place has been redone. It used to be concealed so only homeless people knew where it was but most visitors (not to mention locals) still don't know about it. :smh:

You're right about the locals as well.    I think I found it by accident 40 or 45 years ago.    That area and the park land across the street were undeveloped compared to today.    Hell, I think the temp buildings were standing on the north side of the reflecting pool at that time.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #193: July 07, 2016, 11:29:01 AM »
To be fair, the tomb of the unknown was always the more moving wwi memorial, they just kept adding to it

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #194: July 07, 2016, 11:29:42 AM »
But Mitlen - Dusty has a database of other cities he's been at to compare the fans.  I think he has a good point

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #195: July 07, 2016, 11:36:15 AM »
While it's true that DC area residents don't just make widgets for a living, the area fans have found the energy to be more lively at Redskins games.  So why not Nats games ?

Yep. This town is low key on sports generally.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #196: July 07, 2016, 11:37:51 AM »
While it's true that DC area residents don't just make widgets for a living, the area fans have found the energy to be more lively at Redskins games.  So why not Nats games ?

Different crowds, in my experience.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #197: July 07, 2016, 11:42:19 AM »

Cause people get to Fed Ex Field at 10 in the morning for a 4:00 game and tailgate aka drink their faces off. No one tailgates before baseball except at Miller Park.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #198: July 07, 2016, 11:48:46 AM »
I also think the demographic is different here. Less blue more white collar. Also kids here played soccer more than baseball but I could be wrong on that one. I can't get my grandkids to go to a game with their friends.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #199: July 07, 2016, 11:50:26 AM »
I like the view of the parking garage in LF. A nice touch to remind us that fossil fuels rule the land.

:hysterical:

They should have taken it down so fans sitting on the 1B side would have had a clear view of the old BP gas station for all these years.