Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Carter Kieboom, 3B/SS  (Read 25757 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
3rd home run yesterday. .237 / .396 / .764
that last number can't be his sjg.  slash line traditionally is AVG /OBP /SLG.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
that last number can't be his sjg.  slash line traditionally is AVG /OBP /SLG.

last is OPS, he's just now starting to his a bit more for power.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
last is OPS, he's just now starting to his a bit more for power.
like I said, it's usually SLG.  (well, I would have said that but for the typo)

Offline imref

.286 (8-for-28) with two homers, eight RBIs and a .959 OPS in June

If he continues this for another month, we have to give him another shot.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

We seem to forget he was always dominant in the minors.  But he's completely lost when pitched to by an actual major leaguer.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
We seem to forget he was always dominant in the minors.  But he's completely lost when pitched to by an actual major leaguer.
well, having good numbers in the old PCL and Fresno is different than having numbers in Rochester.  Whatever they are calling the IL now, it was not close to be as much of a hitters' league as the PCL. 

There's just a chance that Kieboom is like a normal minor leaguer instead of a Harper / Soto type that could play in the majors almost from the day they were signed (and came to the US for Soto).  Clearly he was pushed too soon in 2019 based on need and a belief that our top position prospects can move from A ball to the majors. 

Offline blue911

well, having good numbers in the old PCL and Fresno is different than having numbers in Rochester.  Whatever they are calling the IL now, it was not close to be as much of a hitters' league as the PCL. 

There's just a chance that Kieboom is like a normal minor leaguer instead of a Harper / Soto type that could play in the majors almost from the day they were signed (and came to the US for Soto).  Clearly he was pushed too soon in 2019 based on need and a belief that our top position prospects can move from A ball to the majors.

I’m hoping for a Dan Uggla type career

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Hitting .235 at Rochester. It's worth watching some of their games just to see the players. Not encouraging, though.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I’m hoping for a Dan Uggla type career
that's what I hope for from Michael Chavis on the Red Sox.  I don't see Kieboom having that kind of pop.  I also hope his D is above average at either 2nd or 3rd.

Offline blue911

Hitting .235 at Rochester. It's worth watching some of their games just to see the players. Not encouraging, though.

I love his .404 OBP. His lack of overall power, under 4% XBH, which is dismal.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

that's what I hope for from Michael Chavis on the Red Sox.  I don't see Kieboom having that kind of pop.  I also hope his D is above average at either 2nd or 3rd.
  what I've seen of his D so far is somewhere between nightmare and putrid disaster.

Offline imref

Something is up with Kieboom again. He pinch hit in the early game and sat out of the nightcap.

Offline welch

He played today. Got a double, struck out twice, and went 1-for-5. Hitting a steady .230 - .235.

Offline welch

Now hitting .232, .742 OPS. Seems steady in the mid-.230s average, still. Now, Castro's average is dropping toward .232... 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Now hitting .232, .742 OPS. Seems steady in the mid-.230s average, still. Now, Castro's average is dropping toward .232... 
last 30 days - .246 /.417 / .385. 2HRs, more BB than K.  but last 7 considerably colder (.222 / .263 / .333, 1 BB, 6K).

https://www.milb.com/rochester/stats/?timeframe=-6

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline imref

now up to .262 / .400 / .492 in June with 3 home runs and 5 doubles.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Everybody knows kieboom will never amount to anything for us.  What WILL happen is now that we’re climbing back into it we’ll trade him for a good reliever who then shots the bed and kieboom will become a perennial all star for his new team

Offline imref

Everybody knows kieboom will never amount to anything for us.  What WILL happen is now that we’re climbing back into it we’ll trade him for a good reliever who then shots the bed and kieboom will become a perennial all star for his new team

Uh, we turned Steven Souza into Joe Ross and Trea Turner. Have some faith. :)

Offline DPMOmaha

I'm cool with that.

Offline Section214

Kieboom definitely feels like a guy who is going to end up in like Seattle or Texas hitting .280 with 30 HR next year.

Offline imref

Now up to .273 / .400 / .485 in June, two more singles last night, 3 runs scored.

Offline imref

2-4 today with a double. Now up to .280 / .393 / .507 in June.

Offline welch

Overall at Rochester: .250 average with 5 homers and .799 OPS. Heading toward respectability.