Author Topic: Peter Angelos Strikes Again - Nixes Waldorf Move  (Read 2764 times)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
http://ballparkdigest.com/2016/05/27/muckdogs-move-falls-through-due-to-territorial-issues/

Given that the team was slated to be a farm team for the Nats (and, from what we heard, the Nationals ownership was enthusiastically behind the move) and the Orioles front office had expressed many doubts about the move, it’s not hard to figure out what happened.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Pretty cheeky of him all right...last time I looked, Waldorf is closer to DC than it is to Baltimore.

Offline HalfSmokes

They really should respond by yanking MASN's press credentials

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
move to Loudoun.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
That's part of his domain, too.

move to Loudoun.

Offline HalfSmokes

File an anti trust suit

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Really?    Mucho Nats' fans out here in the hinterlands.

Offline GburgNatsFan

No, I mean as far as MLB is concerned. He would get to veto that. Maybe I'm wrong.

Really?    Mucho Nats' fans out here in the hinterlands.

Offline mitlen

No, I mean as far as MLB is concerned. He would get to veto that. Maybe I'm wrong.

Man, that sucks.     Is there an "official" map of a team's proprietary rights?   Or, does Angelos simply threaten to sue?

Offline GburgNatsFan

You' think it would be published, but I looked up "Baltimore Gloryholes Territory" and Google didn't give me any results that had to do with baseball... :shrug:

Man, that sucks.     Is there an "official" map of a team's proprietary rights?   Or, does Angelos simply threaten to sue?

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Angelos is in Washington's territory. Move the Baltimore Orioles back to St Louis.

Offline mitlen

Angelos is in Washington's territory. Move the Baltimore Orioles back to St Louis.

Boycott Baltimore

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Boycott Baltimore
Uh .... Were people not already doing this?

Offline mitlen

Uh .... Were people not already doing this?

Gotta keep up the drum beat of boycottiness.    Whenever there's a comment about Baltimore, I'll be there. 

Offline NJ Ave

In a way, all of us has a Peter Angelos to face. For some, shyness might be their Peter Angelos. For others, a lack of education might be their Peter Angelos. For us, Peter Angelos is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us. But as sure as my name is NJ Ave, the people of Washington DC can conquer their own personal Peter Angelos, who also happens to be the actual Peter Angelos!

Offline GuyFromCO

Bump for Mit!