Author Topic: Nationals @ Braves, Game 2  (Read 16203 times)

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Re: Nationals @ Braves, Game 2
« Reply #25: April 06, 2016, 04:45:17 PM »
I'm rich.   Very rich.    We can have 10 of these Harpers.    We love the Harpers.

We already have two. You know, the thing with the Harpers is, well, we're going to make a great squad built around Harpers. Amazing Harpers all over the field. Maybe 9 of them. Just amazing. A real amazing squad. A great squad.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #26: April 06, 2016, 04:51:38 PM »
The Nationals, we don't win anything anymore, we lose to the Mets, the Marlins, the Cubs. We have to fix this, we have to make the Nationals great again.

We can do it, we can, and I'll yell ya the winning started when these two words were said to Matt Williams:  You're fired!

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #27: April 06, 2016, 04:58:19 PM »
We can do it, we can, and I'll yell ya the winning started when these two words were said to Matt Williams:  You're fired!

:clap:

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #28: April 06, 2016, 05:06:26 PM »

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #29: April 06, 2016, 05:09:56 PM »
The National League has been treating us very very badly.    We may have to start our own league.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #30: April 06, 2016, 05:11:01 PM »
you guys are amazing at this

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #31: April 06, 2016, 05:11:40 PM »
Big Meech's pics are full of winning, so much winning :clap: :lol:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #32: April 06, 2016, 05:13:53 PM »
Oh good.    Another protester.      :smh:     Get 'em outta here.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #33: April 06, 2016, 05:16:49 PM »
mfw reading this thread

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #34: April 06, 2016, 05:17:49 PM »
mfw reading this thread

(Image removed from quote.)

omg I'm dying trying not to laugh at work right now lololololol

Offline PC

« Reply #35: April 06, 2016, 05:26:56 PM »
Mark Zuckerman ‏@MarkZuckerman  7m7 minutes ago

Dusty doesn't view Taylor as a true leadoff man (prefers him 6th-7th) but didn't want to shake up rest of lineup already.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #36: April 06, 2016, 05:27:24 PM »
The Nats haven't lose a game in, what, all week? That's good, because I don't like losers. The Nats have been in first place all season. I don't even know why the Braves still wanna play. It's not like they can beat the Nats. They're chokers. Come ahn.

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #37: April 06, 2016, 05:28:22 PM »
"We don't make good deals anymore.  When was the last time we saw one of our own sign an extension?  When was the last time we won a World Series?  It doesn't exist, folks." 

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #38: April 06, 2016, 05:31:35 PM »

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #39: April 06, 2016, 05:32:42 PM »
Mark Zuckerman ‏@MarkZuckerman  7m7 minutes ago

Dusty doesn't view Taylor as a true leadoff man (prefers him 6th-7th) but didn't want to shake up rest of lineup already.

It's the option he chose out of several bad options.  :shrug:

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #40: April 06, 2016, 05:36:56 PM »
The National League has been treating us very very badly.    We may have to start our own league.

Oh, what a great league it'd be. The best ballparks. None of that garbage on turf. Only the best, and I mean, things like -- giant screens, huge lines for Freedom Fries -- the things we need, we want, you know? Great things, all the things. And I'd have Petey A. pay for it. He's a loser, in a terrible league. Almost as bad as the National League.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #41: April 06, 2016, 05:39:10 PM »
Palm Beach, FL (AP)

This just into the WTOP newsroom.    Donald Trump has announced that the Nats new spring training home will not be in West Palm Beach.   He has decided to move the spring training site to land Mr. Trump owns adjacent to Mar-a-Lago.     Since the Nats will be so close, very close, to the resort, fans can now stop by and pick up Trump water, Trump Champagne, Trump Towels along with specially made Trump bats and balls.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #42: April 06, 2016, 05:41:12 PM »
“Well, I wouldn’t want to get into it, because to me that’s very personal,” Baker said. “You know, when I talk about the Moneyball, it’s very personal, so I don’t want to get into chapters.”

“There’s no line that means a lot to you?” an interlocutor asked. “That you think about or say?”

“Moneyball means a lot to me, but I don’t want to get into specifics,” Baker said.

“Even to cite a line that you like?”

“No, I don’t want to do that.”

Another question: “Are you a BP or a Fangraphs guy?”

“Probably equal,” Baker said. “I think it’s just an incredible, the whole field of sabermetrics is incredible”

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #43: April 06, 2016, 05:46:54 PM »
You know, the thing wrong with the game these days? You know, they have these girls in uniform, running around to field foul balls. Have you seen it? Really? It's weak, a non-starter. My daughter would make a beautiful ballgirl. Trust me, I know. She'd change the game. I'd get rid of the uniforms and the weak tosses into the crowd. There'd be, lots of, there'd be lots of leg. And cannons. Ball cannons. If you can't catch it out of a cannon, you're a loser. You know? A loser.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #44: April 06, 2016, 05:51:21 PM »
What's with this Revere guy? He plays like one game and falls apart. I tell ya, I wouldn't make a deal for a guy like that. Rizzo got out negotiated. I know how to make deals, all right? There's no way I would have made a deal for a guy like that.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #45: April 06, 2016, 06:47:23 PM »
let me just tell you the problem with these braves is that they drove chipper jones away, and by the way i was a much better player than chipper jones.  Have you seen melina, isn't she beautiful.  Make baseball great again.

Offline imref

« Reply #46: April 06, 2016, 06:48:42 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Someone called me crazy for suggesting Taylor might lead off, saying only an idiot would lead MAT off.

I didn't want to say anything, but...Dusty might be an idiot?

he doesn't want to screw with the overall lineup right now.  I think the expectation is that Revere will be back very soon.

Offline imref

« Reply #47: April 06, 2016, 06:49:35 PM »
I would get rid of the umpires.  Their time has passed and they aren't paying their way.  Let the players take responsibility for calling balls, strikes, and outs.  The umpire concept is a relic from the past.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #48: April 06, 2016, 06:50:49 PM »
I would get rid of the umpires.  Their time has passed and they aren't paying their way.  Let the players take responsibility for calling balls, strikes, and outs.  The umpire concept is a relic from the past.

H-1B Visas would solve the umpire problem.    Outsource 'em.

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #49: April 06, 2016, 06:52:52 PM »
"We don't have victories anymore.  When was the last time Bryce Harper was offered an extension?  When was the last time you saw a World Series parade in Washington D.C.?  It doesn't exist, folks.  The ownership has no idea what they're doing.  If we don't do anything about it, the Yankees will end up taking our star player.  We either have a team or we don't.  That's not going to happen on my watch folks, believe me.  We don't make good deals anymore but believe me, we're going to start making them real soon, I can tell you that." -God Emperor Donald J. Trump, 2016