Author Topic: Doping Scandal: Zim, Peyton Manning, Ryan Howard, Others: Report  (Read 23581 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Well who reads past the first couple paragraphs?

I got hung up on 9:19 PM today.   

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I got hung up on 9:19 PM today.   

The rest of the world is not on EST.    ;)    Though it should be.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
From that article:

UPDATE 6/1 09:19 pm: Here's a statement from the Mannings' spokesperson:

"Al Jazeera’s self-serving claim that Peyton Manning’s attorneys 'confirmed' Al Jazeera’s allegations about Peyton Manning is absolutely false. In fact, information was provided to Al Jazeera that confirmed the Al Jazeera allegations about Peyton Manning were unfounded. In addition, the sole source for Al Jazeera’s allegations has publicly recanted them. Moreover, the NFL conducted an extensive investigation of the claims raised in Al Jazeera’s programs and found no evidence to support them. This is a desperate move by Al Jazeera to distract the courts from its own wrongdoing."

I figured out how I missed that, I had read the article linked on Drudge, that article did not have the update from Manning.  My phone app for Drudge doesn't provide an easy way to grab quotes or links, so I searched on another article and only read the first two paragraphs.

The article I linked with the correction actually had more interesting information, that Zimmerman and Howard are suing based on the documentary being incorrect, but resisting requests to provide blanket statements that they have never juiced. They are also being accused of destroying potential evidence. Another interesting note in the article is that almost everything pertaining to the case has been sealed up to this point but now it is becoming public. Zimmerman and Howard need to decide just how much they want to pursue this case because if the point is to clear their names instead it appears that they have something to hide.

Discovery has revealed that both Howard and Zimmerman discarded their personal iPhones after threatening to sue Al Jazeera over the Documentary.

Here is the article from Drudge:
https://www.thewrap.com/al-jazeera-peyton-manning-doping-doc/

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
The rest of the world is not on EST.    ;)    Though it should be.

Didn’t EST die in the 80s?

Offline mitlen

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

Offline mitlen

Yes. The new age self help thing? 

I was high.   I must have missed it.     :pimp:

Offline mitlen

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I think my buddy messed with that EST.    I was referring to Eastern Standard Time.

It was well before my time, but I’ve heard some cultural references to it.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I think my buddy messed with that EST.    I was referring to Eastern Standard Time.

I know. I was making a bad joke. No one got it...

Offline mitlen

I know. I was making a bad joke. No one got it...

I think I knew but I wanted to be sure.    When ya get old, you'll understand.    :)

Offline LoveAngelos

I remember  he as ring Zimm was going to sue AL Jezera

Online HalfSmokes

Can Zimmerman forget the lawsuit and make nice with his supplier again?

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
https://sports.yahoo.com/ryan-zimmerman-ryan-howard-implicated-222336232.html

Le bump

In a memorandum dated Jan. 28, attorneys for the media company asserted they are in possession of “sealed evidence” that “includes an invoice showing that, in autumn 2014, Howard paid for needles and an [MLB-banned] substance called human chronic gonadotrophin.” The memorandum also referred to “email exchanges between Zimmerman and Charlie Sly, the PES dealer who unwittingly revealed that Zimmerman used performance-enhancing substances banned by MLB.”

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
It makes a source seriously dubious if they actually called it “human chronic gonadotropin.”

Or maybe USA Today screwed up. Not sure which is more likely.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

It makes a source seriously dubious if they actually called it “human chronic gonadotropin.”

Or maybe USA Today screwed up. Not sure which is more likely.

Seriously; I only take the acute version, as would any sane person. 

I suspect the actual issue is an autocorrect or a dim and lazy copy editor. 

Online HalfSmokes

Seriously; I only take the acute version, as would any sane person. 

I suspect the actual issue is an autocorrect or a dim and lazy copy editor. 

Copy editors were cut to the bone long ago at most news outlets