Author Topic: Doping Scandal: Zim, Peyton Manning, Ryan Howard, Others: Report  (Read 23240 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Or off himself.

Never heard of a drug dealer choosing that route over flipping. To narcissistic.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
They're also the only ones who followed up on Manti Teo's gf and found out she was a fake-not a big deal in the great scheme of things but still was surprising given how much coverage the press gave her "death" that no one else thought to find out anything about her, like if she even existed.

Puts them on par with the World Weekly News. Gossip with heavily slanted morality.

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Puts them on par with the World Weekly News. Gossip with heavily slanted morality.

I like gossip :mg:
but they can tend to beat a dead horse into the ground, their crusade against Bill Simmons gets on my last nerve but that they do seem to look into stuff that no one else cares about until they report on it so I like that about them.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
but they can tend to beat a dead horse into the ground, their crusade against Bill Simmons gets on my last nerve but that they do seem to look into stuff that no one else cares about until they report on it so I like that about them.

I like gossip too, I want to know what happened with Zimmerman and the drug dealers, I just don't need the moralizing from those hacks, like dealing drugs is worse than making up stories about people.

Offline Mattionals

Online HalfSmokes

Personal statement.

his lawyers already issued a statement saying they're going to sue- if he doesn't I'll take it as an admission (there is no way a firm like Quinn Emmanuel issues that statement without authorization)

Offline Optics

This might sound naive/ridiculous but I trust Ryan Zimmerman. I feel like I have a pretty good read on people and I just don't see Zimm as the type of guy that would do this.

If he did cheat, then man that would shake my very foundation as a baseball and sports fan. I admire/respect Zimm so much and he's done so much for this franchise and community, I just can't believe he'd stoop to this level.

Offline Mr Clean

This might sound naive/ridiculous but I trust Ryan Zimmerman. I feel like I have a pretty good read on people and I just don't see Zimm as the type of guy that would do this.

If he did cheat, then man that would shake my very foundation as a baseball and sports fan. I admire/respect Zimm so much and he's done so much for this franchise and community, I just can't believe he'd stoop to this level.
You said it all.

Offline houston-nat

The allegations against Peyton Manning are unraveling - the accuser didn't even work there when Manning was treated. This story is looking more and more bogus.

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
The allegations against Peyton Manning are unraveling - the accuser didn't even work there when Manning was treated. This story is looking more and more bogus.

No so fast, here's a transcript of the clinic verifying Sly was employed there in 2011 when AJ called for employment confirmation...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/al-jazeera-peyton-manning-transcript_56814cf4e4b0b958f659d99c

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Makes sense, Zimmerman does not seem like the cheating type, unlike Howard.

Offline Natsinpwc

If Woodward and Bernstein took this to Ben Bradlee, old Ben would have asked them if they had any sources or evidence other than what an intern had told them.  If they said no, he would have not printed a story and would have told them to dig for more.  Not saying there is nothing there but given that the source is recanting they had no business going forward.  I think those named have little chance to sue because the courts like to protect free speech and Al Jazeera will be able to note that they had a legitimate source.

There might be something there but needs to be more evidence produced.

I am sure the FBI will be dropping by the clinic!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
No so fast, here's a transcript of the clinic verifying Sly was employed there in 2011 when AJ called for employment confirmation...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/al-jazeera-peyton-manning-transcript_56814cf4e4b0b958f659d99c

This is why Zimmerman isn't making any further statements in his defense, it took less than a day to prove that the Guyer Institute was lying in their statements denying the reports. Better to remain silent than to put out a statement that is subject to verification.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
If Woodward and Bernstein took this to Ben Bradlee, old Ben would have asked them if they had any sources or evidence other than what an intern had told them.  If they said no, he would have not printed a story and would have told them to dig for more.  Not saying there is nothing there but given that the source is recanting they had no business going forward.  I think those named have little chance to sue because the courts like to protect free speech and Al Jazeera will be able to note that they had a legitimate source.

There might be something there but needs to be more evidence produced.

I am sure the FBI will be dropping by the clinic!

That was then, 20 years later Jason LaCanfora was running with every Redskins rumor any rival GM or agent with an axe to grind whispered in his ear (who knows what they print now, I almost never read the Post anymore).

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I think he might do it to heal. I don't know that he'd do it to gain an advantage in play.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Oh please.  :roll:

Offline Natsinpwc

That was then, 20 years later Jason LaCanfora was running with every Redskins rumor any rival GM or agent with an axe to grind whispered in his ear (who knows what they print now, I almost never read the Post anymore).
Yeh, I know.  Was just contrasting journalism in general years ago with what passes for it now.

Offline Mattionals

Yeh, I know.  Was just contrasting journalism in general years ago with what passes for it now.

To loosely quote MDS; reporter gets very poor rendition of a "plausible" story, send said "story" out as truth, waits until real credible sources come through with story as truth or fiction after doing REAL investigative work, take claim as "1st reported" if true, hope everyone forgets original story if false. Rinse. Repeat.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

I think he might do it to heal. I don't know that he'd do it to gain an advantage in play.

:hysterical: :lmao: :crackup: :rofl:

Offline Natsinpwc

To loosely quote MDS; reporter gets very poor rendition of a "plausible" story, send said "story" out as truth, waits until real credible sources come through with story as truth or fiction after doing REAL investigative work, take claim as "1st reported" if true, hope everyone forgets original story if false. Rinse. Repeat.
National Enquirer style now the norm! 

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
National Enquirer style now the norm! 
Because journalism was always an honest and balanced profession prior to the rise of the 24 hour news cycle.

Offline Optics

Makes sense, Zimmerman does not seem like the cheating type, unlike Howard.

I didn't mean to imply that Ryan Howard was a cheater or anything like that. I have no attachment to Howard one way or another nor have I followed him as closely as I have followed Zimm.

Offline Optics

Oh please.  :roll:

Fully expected some condescension. I guess some people can just assume every single MLB player is a scumbag. Must be a miserable way to live your life.

Offline Natsinpwc

Because journalism was always an honest and balanced profession prior to the rise of the 24 hour news cycle.
It was not perfect but was better.