Author Topic: Doping Scandal: Zim, Peyton Manning, Ryan Howard, Others: Report  (Read 23813 times)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
He's still breathing so he's either about to get discredited or they haven't found a fallguy 10 fallguys deep to take him out yet.

I mean they can discredit him for a lot I guess but Taylor Teagarden is in the guy's apartment talking about all the drugs he's gotten from him, that's kind of hard to dismiss. 

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
The most rapid bulking up I recall was Brady Anderson.  His banana hammock was probably two sizes too big at the start of the '97 season. 

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
The most rapid bulking up I recall was Brady Anderson.  His banana hammock was probably two sizes too big at the start of the '97 season. 

...and the fastest progression I've seen in the other direction was Mark McGwire...when he testified before Congress he appeared to have physically shrunk, looking almost emaciated.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
...and the fastest progression I've seen in the other direction was Mark McGwire...when he testified before Congress he appeared to have physically shrunk, looking almost emaciated.

You should see what Jeff Saturday looks like now.

I mean they can discredit him for a lot I guess but Taylor Teagarden is in the guy's apartment talking about all the drugs he's gotten from him, that's kind of hard to dismiss.

I'm watching it now and so far this just seems pretty shaky at best, actually a lot of the scenes with this Sly guy seem not only rehearsed but literally acted out like they were doing test readings off of a script.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
I'm watching it now and so far this just seems pretty shaky at best, actually a lot of the scenes with this Sly guy seem not only rehearsed but literally acted out like they were doing test readings off of a script.

Really?  I didn't get that feeling at all, when he's riding around laughing at all the places they mail Ashley Manning's drugs to it seemed legit to me-I mean he could be making it up but it didn't seem rehearsed to me.  What about when Teagarden is talking about the drugs, does that seem scripted?   And I ask because I can be totally gullible so I may be buying something that's totally an act, I just can't figure out what Sly or Teagarden would've gotten out of it.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
What about when Teagarden is talking about the drugs, does that seem scripted?

Yes.  Tim Montgomery comes across like he's going to try and sell you a used Yugo too, which helps no one involved in this trash.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Yes.  Tim Montgomery comes across like he's going to try and sell you a used Yugo too, which helps no one involved in this trash.

oh yea he's scripted no doubt but you think the undercover stuff is scripted too?  what would Teagarden get out of being outed as a doper?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
oh yea he's scripted no doubt but you think the undercover stuff is scripted too?  what would Teagarden get out of being outed as a doper?

Who knows but this Liam Collins guy is either angling to take over for James Deen now that he's out of flavor or a total troll.  The whole discussion with the EPO doctor was idiotic. 

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Who knows but this Liam Collins guy is either angling to take over for James Deen now that he's out of flavor or a total troll.  The whole discussion with the EPO doctor was idiotic. 

lol yea he's not the most natural of people but the drs. and others to me seem totally legit-scummy for sure but they seem quite happy to be taking Liam's moolah for all of their drugs.  But again I'm totally gullible and fall for everything so it's probably all a bunch of hooey :lol:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
lol yea he's not the most natural of people but the drs. and others to me seem totally legit-scummy for sure but they seem quite happy to be taking Liam's moolah for all of their drugs.  But again I'm totally gullible and fall for everything so it's probably all a bunch of hooey :lol:

I'm about halfway through this and the thing that's shocked me is that Canadians allow Naturopathic Doctors to prescribe medicine.  None of this should be shocking though, there are so many snake oil salesmen out there peddling crap to morons this shouldn't be a surprise.  The name dropping by morons driving around in low level luxury cars operating out of strip malls and meeting people like Liam (who shouts scumbag) at cheap restaurants and in their low end apartments only shows how dumb most athletes really are and always have been.  Anyone remember what BALCOs operation looked like?

Online HalfSmokes

I'm about halfway through this and the thing that's shocked me is that Canadians allow Naturopathic Doctors to prescribe medicine.  None of this should be shocking though, there are so many snake oil salesmen out there peddling crap to morons this shouldn't be a surprise.  The name dropping by morons driving around in low level luxury cars operating out of strip malls and meeting people like Liam (who shouts scumbag) at cheap restaurants and in their low end apartments only shows how dumb most athletes really are and always have been.  Anyone remember what BALCOs operation looked like?
yep
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/12/19/patriots-pay-business-owned-tom-brady-and-partner-with-dubious-past/C4zMzcPDgU62WMMg10qeBL/story.html

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Agreed, it's not shocking to me that this is going on at all, I said before I assume most older athletes are on something but it is shocking to me that other people don't believe it's going on and immediately discount this story. 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
yep
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/12/19/patriots-pay-business-owned-tom-brady-and-partner-with-dubious-past/C4zMzcPDgU62WMMg10qeBL/story.html

I'm SHOCKED they never brought this up.  Considering how much money they let this Liam Collins take them for you'd think they would have picked up the phone and called Mr Kraft or Mr Brady and asked about his "special programs".  I'm impressed with all of the hucksters they managed to find and employ. 

Online HalfSmokes

deadspin constantly pounds the story- the guy is selling a drink that prevents concussions

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
deadspin constantly pounds the story- the guy is selling a drink that prevents concussions

You and I both know this, being dedicated Deadspin readers, but many people don't.  Seems like they missed out on a great opportunity to really expose some big time snake oil hucksters instead of these small time scumbags.  Was David Chao too busy pounding Bud Ice in Coronado for Liam Collins to try and get some left over Shawne Merriman and LT drugs from him?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
The guy selling illegal drugs is clearly not a credible source of information, but somehow the Nats expect us to believe his statements denying selling drugs. Why would a steroid dealer lie about selling to a guy who is always hurt and whose numbers have plummeted over the past few years? If I was going to lie I'd pick a guy who has had a decent season in the past few years.

With this story going public this guy has not only lost all his suppliers and clients but they are distancing themselves from him publicly. His income is gone and he's going to have legal fees to pay. He'll sing.

Offline Mattionals

The guy selling illegal drugs is clearly not a credible source of information, but somehow the Nats expect us to believe his statements denying selling drugs. Why would a steroid dealer lie about selling to a guy who is always hurt and whose numbers have plummeted over the past few years? If I was going to lie I'd pick a guy who has had a decent season in the past few years.

With this story going public this guy has not only lost all his suppliers and clients but they are distancing themselves from him publicly. His income is gone and he's going to have legal fees to pay. He'll sing.

Or off himself.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Deadspin is the worst click bait site covering sports, every time I get tricked by a catchy headline I regret it by the second paragraph. So holier than thou, so hypocritical when they get caught fudging stories.

Online HalfSmokes

Deadspin is the worst click bait site covering sports, every time I get tricked by a catchy headline I regret it by the second paragraph. So holier than thou, so hypocritical when they get caught fudging stories.

yep, don't read them expecting actual journalistic values, but if you don't want to subscribe to the sports business journal, they're the only ones who report in depth on stadium issues and other economic issues

Offline Mr Clean

Zim needs to get out in front of this story right now.

Online HalfSmokes

Zim needs to get out in front of this story right now.

how

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
yep, don't read them expecting actual journalistic values, but if you don't want to subscribe to the sports business journal, they're the only ones who report in depth on stadium issues and other economic issues

Field of Schemes is my go to site specially for stadium economics.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

They're also the only ones who followed up on Manti Teo's gf and found out she was a fake-not a big deal in the great scheme of things but still was surprising given how much coverage the press gave her "death" that no one else thought to find out anything about her, like if she even existed.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Deadspin and Bleacher Report are the electronic equivalent of parakeet crap.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Deadspin and Bleacher Report are the electronic equivalent of parakeet crap.

Hey Deadspin has Drew Magary, he's worth a bit more than that :lol: